Friends Reunited - TRIP REPORT!! - COMPLETE

It was kinda surreal. We got to the park at around 5am so it was still dark. We had been picked up from the hotel by Disney Photography so we were driven into the park via the staff entrance. Our first stop was some photos around the castle - I was expecting Main Street to be empty but it was quite busy. There were people cleaning everything! Including the paths. They were testing some castle lighting effects too which was cool. On the fantasyland side of the castle there's a outside staircase and small platform on the castle - we got to climb up for some photos. Was a great view.

Most bridal shoots use the carousel but it was being used to film a commercial so instead we got toon town fair. We drove backstage between each set of photos so we got to see lots of cast areas, behind splash mountain etc. We also got shown the areas where they set off fireworks. On our way out of the park the photographer was great and took us past a bunch of stuff - The monorail service stations, Disneys power plant and recycling centre and close to the airstrip. :)

Almost worth the hefty fee just for that!

Well done on getting through your finals :goodvibes your plans sound amazing

Thought I would make a start on your pre trip report and I managed to read it all :) yay.

How exciting 3 weeks :0

I hope you do a trip report I need a disney fix already. :)

It was kinda surreal. We got to the park at around 5am so it was still dark. We had been picked up from the hotel by Disney Photography so we were driven into the park via the staff entrance. Our first stop was some photos around the castle - I was expecting Main Street to be empty but it was quite busy. There were people cleaning everything! Including the paths. They were testing some castle lighting effects too which was cool. On the fantasyland side of the castle there's a outside staircase and small platform on the castle - we got to climb up for some photos. Was a great view.

Most bridal shoots use the carousel but it was being used to film a commercial so instead we got toon town fair. We drove backstage between each set of photos so we got to see lots of cast areas, behind splash mountain etc. We also got shown the areas where they set off fireworks. On our way out of the park the photographer was great and took us past a bunch of stuff - The monorail service stations, Disneys power plant and recycling centre and close to the airstrip. :)

Almost worth the hefty fee just for that!
Wow!!! princess: That definitely sounds worth it! We used to pass the monorail service stations and the recycling plants etc. on the Cast bus to the Utilidors. You were very close to the cast entrance there; it had this great sign above the entrance to the Utilidors, something like "here walk the greatest cast members on earth". A good way to set you up for the day lol :rotfl:

My friend used to work Custodial at MK, and used to have all the horrible hours working all the early hours in the morning - but still, if that meant you were working on Main St and around the castle, then that was some consolation :)

Your whole experience sounds amazing! Truly unforgettable, I bet! Do you have any pics?

Well done on getting through your finals :goodvibes your plans sound amazing

Hi Andrea! Thank you!!

Thought I would make a start on your pre trip report and I managed to read it all :) yay.

How exciting 3 weeks :0

I hope you do a trip report I need a disney fix already. :)

Will definitely be doing a trip report :) I'm already excited to do it, just to relive the whole thing, and I haven't even gone yet :rotfl2: Yes, three weeks today and we would have already been in the air for roughly an hour!

Going to do a couple of the boring things today! FairFX have $ at 1.50 today I think, so shall be sorting out currency... finally!

Wow!!! princess: That definitely sounds worth it! We used to pass the monorail service stations and the recycling plants etc. on the Cast bus to the Utilidors. You were very close to the cast entrance there; it had this great sign above the entrance to the Utilidors, something like "here walk the greatest cast members on earth". A good way to set you up for the day lol :rotfl:

My friend used to work Custodial at MK, and used to have all the horrible hours working all the early hours in the morning - but still, if that meant you were working on Main St and around the castle, then that was some consolation :)

Your whole experience sounds amazing! Truly unforgettable, I bet! Do you have any pics?

I wish - strictly no cameras allowed, they even checked we didn't have our phones with us. :( would have loved to have seen the cast entrance though.

Will definitely be doing a trip report :) I'm already excited to do it, just to relive the whole thing, and I haven't even gone yet :rotfl2: Yes, three weeks today and we would have already been in the air for roughly an hour!

Remember to make a few notes at the end of each day. it's amazing how just a few words can jog your memory when your are back in U.K.
A few years ago I purchased a Disney hardback note book (A5 size - black cover with a gold castle motif) from the Emporium. it is nice to look back on this and helps when writing up my trippies - since it takes me anything up to a year to complete them! :rotfl:

Remember to make a few notes at the end of each day. it's amazing how just a few words can jog your memory when your are back in U.K.
A few years ago I purchased a Disney hardback note book (A5 size - black cover with a gold castle motif) from the Emporium. it is nice to look back on this and helps when writing up my trippies - since it takes me anything up to a year to complete them! :rotfl:

As per your recommendation, I purchased a cute little notebook yesterday for all my holiday notes :) Can't wait to start filling it up, and as you say, it will make a nice momento afterwards!

A year?! Eeesh :rotfl: They're fantastic though, so I forgive you :lmao:

Just thought I'd drop by as.... WE'VE HIT SINGLE DIGITS!!!!! :cool1: :cool1:
Surely that deserves a post!

Also, this week, I found out that I passed medical school successfully, and that overnight, I became Dr Bethan John!! :crazy2: Somebody pinch me, please!! I always had this worry looming over me, but now that I've received the good news, I can properly get on with finishing placement and getting all excited for the end of next week!!

9 DAYS!! 9 DAYS!! 9 DAYS!! 9 DAYS!! 9 DAYS!! 9 DAYS!!

Ps... did I mention it's only 9 days?!!? :rotfl:

9 days yay.

Congratulations as well ;)

9 days will fly by just hope the holiday doesn't and you get to enjoy your self after all your hard work. X

Congratulations on becoming a doctor:cheer2:
And SDD time too! - double celebration:dance3::dance3:

Glad I found this, I can't wait to read about your trip now. Have a great time before A and E! I sometimes train doctors in my field (I'm not a medic) and the A and E ones are always the maddest and most entertaining! Your plans sound fabulous. I wish I had known about the Disney College Programme when I was a student 24 years ago. Would have broken up 5 years at Uni very nicely! I'm going to encourage the kids though :)

9 days yay.

Congratulations as well ;)

9 days will fly by just hope the holiday doesn't and you get to enjoy your self after all your hard work. X

Thanks :goodvibes Me too, although I'm sure it will as we have so much planned! It's always the way isn't it :sad1: But the gazillions of photos that I'm sure to take should help when I get back :)

Congratulations on becoming a doctor:cheer2:
And SDD time too! - double celebration:dance3::dance3:

Thanks again :yay: :yay:

Glad I found this, I can't wait to read about your trip now. Have a great time before A and E! I sometimes train doctors in my field (I'm not a medic) and the A and E ones are always the maddest and most entertaining! Your plans sound fabulous. I wish I had known about the Disney College Programme when I was a student 24 years ago. Would have broken up 5 years at Uni very nicely! I'm going to encourage the kids though :)

I definitely agree that the A&E docs are crazy - they're a different breed haha :rotfl2: I'd love to become one, one day :D

And yes, definitely encourage your kids! It will also then be a great excuse for you to go and visit whilst they are working out there :thumbsup2 Seriously though, it's a great experience, you learn so much and it doesn't matter at all if it's not related to what you want to do in the long run for example with me working in the HISK playground in DHS but studying medicine in the UK. It's hard work the ICP, but incredibly fun and rewarding if you put the work in and take it for what it is: definitely not a holiday :thumbsup2

:cheer2: Not long to go now!! How exciting

And for you guys too - here before you know it!! :yay:

Just wanted to say a huge congratulations !!!!

That is one hell of an achievement

Now you can truly relax and enjoy you trip :)

Fab looking forward to more!!!! Well done on passing all your exams!!!

Just wanted to say a huge congratulations !!!!

That is one hell of an achievement

Now you can truly relax and enjoy you trip :)

Thank you both!

Reality is really setting in now - can't actually believe that this time next week we'll be there!! And this will be our MK day - aaaaaaaaaahhhhh :lovestruc :lovestruc

Have finally got travel insurance sorted today - went with protectyourbubble.com. I really didn't have a clue who to go with, as pretty much every company I looked into had mixed reviews, but it's done now. Let's just hope that I won't need to use it :thumbsup2

Also ventured into 'Home Bargains' today.... wow, that place is heaven for last minute toiletry shopping! And I think I'll leave it there actually, before I get to engrossed in shopping stuff and go all girly :rotfl:

Bit late to the party, but I've finally caught up, and you're only 4 DAYS out!!! :yay: I just wanted to wish you an amazing holiday and look forward to hearing about it when you get back :thumbsup2

Bit late to the party, but I've finally caught up, and you're only 4 DAYS out!!! :yay: I just wanted to wish you an amazing holiday and look forward to hearing about it when you get back :thumbsup2

Thank youuuuuuuuuuu :cool1:

Just saw you've checked in at LGW on Facebook :) Have a great flight! Look forward to reading all about it xx

Sounds like your plans have all come together perfectly Beth.

Looking forward to a mixture of live and trip report updates :goodvibes

So... can't believe we're a week in already!!! It has just flown!!
Apologies for the like of live updates - I've been keeping detailed notes though, and have decided I would rather do this all as a TR!
We've had a few tiny mishaps so far due to my scatty brain (I seriously don't know what is wrong with me; it must be the Orlando air) but I'll let you know all about those during the TR :)

So far we've visited all the parks at least once, have eaten in a few resorts including doing the Spirit of Aloha show last night (cannot recommend enough!), have done Discovery Cove, and have had a blow out shopping day!

The weather has not been ideal, but we're working through it! No way are we letting it spoil the second week! What has tainted it slightly are the huge blisters that have developed on the soles and sides of my feet. They're getting really red and sore and have been to first aid in two different parks today - I've been told that I need to visit the doctor but we'll see how it goes. My friends keep laughing at the way I now have to walk, so I'm glad somebody's amused :cool1: Disney is the best natural painkiller!!

We've had some cracking laughs during this holiday which I can't wait to let you all know about! There have been lots of great pictures too, and we are making full use out of the Photopass Plus that we purchased when we got here!! I promise to share them :goodvibes

Two of our party have just headed off to AK to do the Run Disney Expedition Everest 5K. The original plan for the other two of us was to head to Applebee's but the state we are both in with our feet/blisters/sunburn etc etc, well, it just seems too much of an effort! Instead we've decided to drink the night away at DTD!!

Will check back in soon - thanks for reading along!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter