French Riviera Beach Rendezvous

jfeasel

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done the French Riviera Beach Rendezvous Disney excursion on the Eastern (St. Marteen)? How's the beach and what time do you get back to the ship? Are the return busses staggered so if you want to go back early you can? It's been raining here for 5 weeks straight and we're all looking like ghosts and I'm afraid we'll fry in the sun for 5 hours. We did Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel last year and really liked it because there was a covered area where you could sit if you got too much sun. Does this beach have an area like that? Any fun beach activities? Any hair braiding or shopping?

We're from Ohio where the closest beach is Lake Erie or a water treatment center so it doesn't take a lot to impress us.

Hey Jfeasel, I'm anxious to see any replies to this because we are going on this excursion the week of June 14!!!! Aren't you crusin the same week also. I may have you mixed up with someone else and if I do I apologize.

Yep, 10 of us are crusing June 14. It's my mom's retirement party cruise except now she's decided not to retire but we're all going anyway! We're ages 6-61 and this is our second Disney cruise. I've got my suitcases out and ready to fill! We picked this excursion because it seemed like it would please everyone in our group. Hope to find out more about it.

There's 7 of us, 4 adults and 3 teens (18,16,15) and we're celebrating my son's high school graduation and my daughter's 16th birthday. One big hurrah before he goes off to college. This is also our second cruise, last one was the 4 day/3 night Disney Cruise in 1999 so it's been a while. I can hardly wait--we've been planning this for a year and I can't believe it's here. We're in cabins 7574 and 7572 or just listen for our southern accents!!!!

I believe you are all speaking of the trip to Orient beach. My husband and I always go there. We do not take the planned excursion, but go over on our own. The beach is a NUDE beach and we find the surroundings quite lovely. We walk to Club Orient resort and use their chairs and umbrella for a mere $15.00 dollars for the day. They also have a nice outdoor restuarant and an indoor store for drinks/food. This way we can get there early and leave when we want, plus have our own taxi over there.:smooth:

I've always had rental cars on my vacations. I like the freedom. So when you say that you have a taxi over there, do you mean that when you hire a taxi they sit and wait there all day? I always wondered how you hired a taxi for the return. Thanks!

No they don't sit there. When they drop us off they ask what time we want picked up! If you don't know an exact time have one of the resort staff call a taxi for you. They actually do return at the right time too. Once the taxi driver called Club Orient to find us and tell us he would be 5 mintues late!!! Such great service they provide there!!! Needless to say he got a huge tip!

hey eeyore1928 is the entire beach nude or just a portion of the beach. I thought only one end of the beach was for natural attire or lack of however you want to look at it and that there was a good part of the beach for regular beach attire. I do expect to see topless, thongs, some clothing optional, but I hope the entire beach is not that way.

Yes, I need to know how nude is nude as well. We've got kids (2 boys, 2 girls) ages 6, 8, 10 and 12 going with us. I read in the Disney literature that there may be nudity but I was expecting topless and in a special section of the beach. I guess this just might be the learning part of the trip for the kids.

When you arrive at the beach you can go left or right, there is a sign supposedly separating the nude side from the not so nude side. However on our visits you will see nudes walking the whole length of the beach as well as swimsuited people on the nude side. Definately topless/thongs on the clothing side. While in our taxi a few girls were walking around giving free "shows" to anyone that would look, and that was in the parking area!

The beach itself it beautiful and the locals that frequent it are very demure with their nudity, it is not a place to show off and you won't see any tastless "acts" going on. Everyone is just relaxing and enjoying the beach, some just choose to do it nude!:smooth:

I don't think you will have too much trouble with the kids as long as you explain you are in a different country with different customs!

Relax and enjoy....you will get used to it after about an hour!

Hi Julie.

Any fun beach activities?

It's a nude beach! Who care about "activities?"

Hi Eeyore1928.

The beach is a NUDE beach and we find the surroundings quite lovely.

If you think THAT'S lovely, you'd adore some of the lesser known Las Vegas clubs.

And Julie -

I need to know how nude is nude

It's SO nude that even your secrets are tan...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter