French Quarter show pics here

Thanks for all the new pictures everyone...I can't wait to be back there next November. Mmmmmm beignets! I tried making them myself but they're just not the same. :sad2:

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to stay here for the first time next year!

We have spent 4 Christmases there. It is our favorite moderate resort. We used to also stay at POR but since we cannot be guaranteed Alligator Bayou (no complaints... just saying!... we have stopped staying there. The decor and architecture in the Mansions area is too much like colonial Virginia where we live.)

Anna... I see your trip in October includes the inaugural F&W Festival Marathon/Half-Marathon. I will be there at the same time, but I am not the one who will be running. A very good friend is entered in the 1/2 marathon and a bunch of us are going to be at the finish line cheering her on. I will have to look for you too!

Hi Elin, I will be doing the relay with a friend. We will have to try and meet up sometime. I think we have a group from the DIS Podcast boards going. Maybe we could have a DIS group meet the night before the race. I think a lot of runners like to Carbo Load the night before. Maybe we could meet at Wolfgang Puck Express? I will be at WDW from September 30th till October 11th. I plan on staying in the Epcot are the first 3 days. The after party goes till 3am so I wanted to be close to Epcot, then my plan is to stay at POFQ. I also like the AB area of POR. I have not stayed in the Mansion area, I just really like the AB area.

These pictures are great! I just booked a room here for September and can't wait! A quick question though...for those who have stayed at other WDW resorts, how did you find the bus service here? Do you share a bus with POR? I just returned from CBR, and was somewhat disappointed in the bus service in comparison to my last trip at POP. TIA!!

These pictures are great! I just booked a room here for September and can't wait! A quick question though...for those who have stayed at other WDW resorts, how did you find the bus service here? Do you share a bus with POR? I just returned from CBR, and was somewhat disappointed in the bus service in comparison to my last trip at POP. TIA!!

You do share a bus with POR, except during the busiest of times. It can be a trial, I will admit. But the service is still very quick since you are relatively close to all the parks when you are staying at POFQ. It would not stop us from staying there again. and again. and again. ;)

Great photos, everyone - thanks! My sister and I will also be coming for the F&W 1/2 marathon and staying at POFQ - can't wait!!!

Great photos, everyone - thanks! My sister and I will also be coming for the F&W 1/2 marathon and staying at POFQ - can't wait!!!

Oh! I'll be there for the half relay as well! Look for a lime green mickey head with Mrs D on the door!

Well, on that note...are the doors wooden or metal?

We stayed at POR this past December, but made a quick stop at POFQ for beignets! Here are a few photos we snapped:

POFQ Christmas tree:
089_89.jpg

An outside view of the POFQ food court:
091_91.jpg

Swimming pool - it was warm enough in December to take a quick dip:
094_94.jpg

Rooms and balconies:
095_95.jpg

Beautiful grounds:
096_96.jpg

POFQ food court from the inside:
113_113.jpg

Here are our pictures from back in September. I'm finaly getting around to posting them now. :blush:

POFQlobbyfountain02Sept20.jpg

POFQLobbyFountain01Sept20.jpg

POFQlobbySept20.jpg

POFQLobby.jpg

POFQJacksonSquareGifts.jpg

POFQ02.jpg

POFQ.jpg

POFQpathtoRiverside01.jpg

POFQVendingmachine.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

POFQpool01.jpg

These are great pictures. It's nice to get an idea of what I will be seeing in 7 days. Yippee!

And some people still say that waterview rooms at Moderates aren't worth the extra money. Personally, I think Emme's view is fabulous.

Andre

Wow, what a great view! That is what I love about the Port Orleans resorts, how peaceful they are.:goodvibes

I absolutely LOVE this resort! Thanks for posting the pictures. I'll have some to put up in May!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter