Free Vacation Planning DVD?

I requested one about 6 weeks ago. AND I clicked I wanted a DVD. I got a nice fold up card in the mail with a website link on it...:confused:
I requested one again last week. We'll see what happens this time.

I requested on Aug. 9 just because I knew it the Dis would get credit for it. Got the confirmation email but never got the DVD. Not too worried about it since I was only supporting the boards but would have liked watching it. I'm not fond of streaming since I have a small Lenovo Yoga and while has a great screen, it's small so I have to hook it up to a TV to watch stuff. Pain in the rear.

I got mine a couple of days ago. It took about 3-4 weeks I think. That said, it is essentially the same one they have had for the past 2-3 years with a few minor changes. A few different camera angles, mention of Rivers of Light and Animal Kingdom opening at night starting in Spring 2016,etc. I was really hoping for something new. Irony is as we plan our trip for next year with our 4 kids (never been with kids before) I realize there is almost nothing useful for planning a trip with kids on the DVD. The kids section lasts about a minute and tells you to go online for more info. That is ironic to me as WDW is a family trip which usually involves kids, right?

Last year I tried for 6 months with three requests and never received one. I tried with my husband's name and got one right away. :confused: I think the dvds don't have as much as they use to anyway. Probably because there is so much on the net now, and so many have the internet now.

Well, that and constantly producing these DVDs has to be a major pain with all the constant changes. I got one back in April. We watched it over the weeked for my kids to see. A good chunk of it was already out of date!

I hope they don't do away with these. I have never gotten one but word was that it was a way to get the elusive PIN code. I was hoping to snag one our next trip to WDW. Next summer we hope to hit DLR so probably need to do this as well, but we are not sure yet about even going let alone staying in site, how many days, etc.

I got mine a couple of days ago. It took about 3-4 weeks I think. That said, it is essentially the same one they have had for the past 2-3 years with a few minor changes. A few different camera angles, mention of Rivers of Light and Animal Kingdom opening at night starting in Spring 2016,etc. I was really hoping for something new. Irony is as we plan our trip for next year with our 4 kids (never been with kids before) I realize there is almost nothing useful for planning a trip with kids on the DVD. The kids section lasts about a minute and tells you to go online for more info. That is ironic to me as WDW is a family trip which usually involves kids, right?

I just stumbled onto this thread. Hopefully you'll end up seeing this replay.

As I understand it, the DVDs/promo materials are customized based on your personal demographics, interests, and past trips. Essentially, if Disney doesn't know you have kids, they aren't going to promote all the kids stuff. Conversely, a household that always travels with a bunch of little ones probably aren't going to get a ton of information about fine dining or late-night entertainment.

I requested mine in early Sept and got it in a couple weeks.

I just stumbled onto this thread. Hopefully you'll end up seeing this replay.

As I understand it, the DVDs/promo materials are customized based on your personal demographics, interests, and past trips. Essentially, if Disney doesn't know you have kids, they aren't going to promote all the kids stuff. Conversely, a household that always travels with a bunch of little ones probably aren't going to get a ton of information about fine dining or late-night entertainment.

Haven't been on in a while but just saw this. Thanks for that. I'll have to go customize my info. The last time I planned a trip it was just two adults. Now we have four kids. I guess I should update the profile...haha.

Over a month ago I put in a request for the 2016 free vacation planning DVD for WDW and Disneyland, but haven't received them, so yesterday I went online to try to put in another request, only to discover that all the links have been changed and I couldn't find the free DVDs for WDW and Disneyland anywhere (only for Aulani, DCL, and Adventures by Disney). Has anyone else run into this? Seems early to be changing the content for 2017 - are they no longer offering these free vacation planning DVDs?
I recently put in a request for one and it gave me two options to receive the free DVD or stream it from my device. If I can find a link I will send it to you.

Over a month ago I put in a request for the 2016 free vacation planning DVD for WDW and Disneyland, but haven't received them, so yesterday I went online to try to put in another request, only to discover that all the links have been changed and I couldn't find the free DVDs for WDW and Disneyland anywhere (only for Aulani, DCL, and Adventures by Disney). Has anyone else run into this? Seems early to be changing the content for 2017 - are they no longer offering these free vacation planning DVDs?
https://www.disneyplanning.com/?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter