Free quick service question

Realgrumpy

DIS Veteran
We booked the summer package where we get one free quick service meal per day. I have been reading that instead of the dessert you get a snack credit. Does this apply to this package as well?

I don't think so, since this is a one QS meal per person per night's stay deal.

In the brochure for this promo, it states that each QS meal includes 1 entree and 1 non-alcoholic drink.

Actually the booklet that came in the mail says lunch is an entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage.

The free meal promo is not a dining plan.

It's important to understand that how a QS credit is defined was changed. So it's not that 1QS credit automatically became 1 meal + 1 snack.

This is why QSDP, which was 2 meals, 1 snack, is now 2 meals, 2 snacks. There is a net loss of 1 dessert/snack.

Edited due to pulling wrong form up. Apologies.

Note to self, always wear glasses.

Last edited:
Right, and it says right there that you can use the dessert as a snack credit at the quick service that you are at.

Right, and it says right there that you can use the dessert as a snack credit at the quick service that you are at.

IF A DESSERT IS INCLUDED >> Correct at that time, you can't return later or get the snack elsewhere.

Now in the hotel food courts I have been able to eat then use that credit for an ice cream sundae or smoothie, they had a stamp they would put on the receipt when I got my food. I think there is a time limit on using it. But what I normally have done at hotel is get a cup of fruit or something to take to room for breakfast the next morning.

Last edited:

here is the issue: In your original post, you said "get a snack credit." You don't. You get a dessert with your meal. That dessert can be any item with the SNACK symbol from DDP at the restaurant where you are exchanging your meal.

A snack credit works differently. It is used independently of a meal.

Your meal credit does not split. You get a dessert. The dessert is defined flexibly. You cannot get a nachos at Pecos Bill's, though, and then walk to Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip with your credit. It is indivisible and must be used in a single transaction.

I'm predicting there may be lots of confusion at the check outs this summer.

The new structure for the QS DINING PLAN 2017 Dining Plan is no more desserts with your meals. Entree and Drink only.
This plan includes two meals per day.
This plan includes two snacks and refillable mug.

This Summer QS MEAL 2017 Plan states Entree, Dessert and Drink.
This plan includes one meal per day.
This plan includes NO snacks and NO refillable mug.

Here's hoping the computers are well programmed, the CMs well trained and guests understand what they purchased.

https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...er-quick-service-meal-plan.pdf?14012016121057
I'm predicting there may be lots of confusion at the check outs this summer.

The new structure for the QS DINING PLAN 2017 Dining Plan is no more desserts with your meals. Entree and Drink only.
This plan includes two meals per day.
This plan includes two snacks and refillable mug.

This Summer QS MEAL 2017 Plan states Entree, Dessert and Drink.
This plan includes one meal per day.
This plan includes NO snacks and NO refillable mug.

Here's hoping the computers are well programmed, the CMs well trained and guests understand what they purchased.

https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...er-quick-service-meal-plan.pdf?14012016121057

You realize that you linked LAST YEAR'S promo, don't you?

Here's THIS YEAR'S promo brochure, and it specifically states that it includes ONE DRINK AND ONE ENTREE. No dessert, no snack....

https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...sorts_Dining_Summer_Quick-Service_Deal_17.pdf

You realize that you linked LAST YEAR'S promo, don't you?

Here's THIS YEAR'S promo brochure, and it specifically states that it includes ONE DRINK AND ONE ENTREE. No dessert, no snack....

https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...sorts_Dining_Summer_Quick-Service_Deal_17.pdf

WOW, that was a total brain fart.

Now that I have my glasses on ................... I shall correct the error of my ways.

Thanks for the catch.

And that's good, no confusion at check out since they are the same.

Last edited:
Right, but said "a snack credit," not "a snack." In DDP, it literally is a separate credit to be used.

I hear you but most folks are not well versed on this and I was willing to give her leeway on it.

Actually the booklet that came in the mail says lunch is an entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage.

And this is where OP needs to get clarification. Disney now is offering two different pieces of printed material for the same promotion. It could be this is no longer a positive for OP if it is missing dessert/snack every day. Sadly we can't depend on Disney anymore to know what each hand is doing.

I'd have to see the booklet that came in the mail. I linked the actual brochure from Disney above, and it specifically states that this promo is for one entree and one non-alcoholic beverage. No dessert, no snack.

And, TBH, I can't see how they'd resolve that easily. Database defines the QS credit. It's why until 1/14, they assumed all QS credits were the old.

It's not that we don't believe you. It's that we see tech issues in this being the reality and aren't sure Disney isn't screwing up recycling old material here.

I know... somebody mentioned they'd like to see the booklet and it took me this long to figure out how to post the pic.

I know... somebody mentioned they'd like to see the booklet and it took me this long to figure out how to post the pic.

I would be sorely tempted to take that booklet with me and make them give me what they have sold me. They need to know/realize the mistake they have made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!