Free Quick Service Dining 2/28-7/10

Gotcha! I agree with that. I don't think that there will be a free dining offer this summer. I'm hoping that this PIN doesn't set precedence for when free dining is offered in the fall, though (only QS offered).
It may only be wishful thinking, but I really think the basic dining will be offered with the fall free dining promo dates, August 15 - October 2. That's what has always been offered since 2005 and has already been offered with the UK and FD bouncebacks for this year. But, I guess we will see . . .

I got this offer last week by Email. Seems to work at value and moderate resorts

Enjoy the Disney Quick-Service
Dining Plan, FREE
When you purchase a 4-night/5-day non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that include accommodations at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels and Theme Park tickets for stays most nights 2/28/10–7/3/10.

Not sure if I will do this or the $500 gift card saying 5 or 6 nights @ a Moderate resort

3"Mouse"keteers;35545649 said:
I received the pin code today in my email, but my dad's name. Do you think they would let me use it, since it is my email and we have the same home address and vacationed together last trip? My parents aren't going with us on this trip. :sad1:

We had the exact situation last year. We got FIL's PIN sent to us since we were the POC for the trip. Called in and the CM let us use the PIN for our trip even though FIL wasn't going with us.

It may only be wishful thinking, but I really think the basic dining will be offered with the fall free dining promo dates, August 15 - October 2. That's what has always been offered since 2005 and has already been offered with the UK and FD bouncebacks for this year. But, I guess we will see . . .

Those dates would fall more in line with a proposed group trip later on... I got the pin code for this offer but won't be able to use it as the friend I'd be going with won't have the funds to pay his share. He's going in 2 weeks with some friends of his.

does this mean you have to pay full package price? If so, do you get a bill for the difference if you've paid your package in full?

does this mean you have to pay full package price? If so, do you get a bill for the difference if you've paid your package in full?
What do you mean? Are you talking about a savings differece between a room code discount and a free dining discount? You would add the free dining code to save you money on your vacation not add more to your bill. If you are staying at a value or moderate resort the free dining discount is usually better. If you are staying at a deluxe resort than the 35% and 40% room discounts are better.

If you have booked a package and it is paid in full, and then you call later and add the free dining code or a room discount code, Disney will refund you the difference.

Does anyone know if Easter is blocked out of this? Also, can you just purchase a one day park ticket to qualify???

I got this offer last week by Email. Seems to work at value and moderate resorts

Enjoy the Disney Quick-Service
Dining Plan, FREE
When you purchase a 4-night/5-day non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that include accommodations at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels and Theme Park tickets for stays most nights 2/28/10–7/3/10.

Not sure if I will do this or the $500 gift card saying 5 or 6 nights @ a Moderate resort

We are going on our first trip in May 2010 & we are getting the $500 GC but would prefer the Free Dining.I just called to check to see if I can get & no luck. I am just wondering are the people who get the Pins ONLY returning families or can first time families also get a PIN?

We are going on our first trip in May 2010 & we are getting the $500 GC but would prefer the Free Dining.I just called to check to see if I can get & no luck. I am just wondering are the people who get the Pins ONLY returning families or can first time families also get a PIN?
There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who gets the codes. I've been 10 times and have NEVER gotten a discount pin code of any kind and I'm registered on every Disney web site there is.

I got the dining pin and have never been. I had just moments earlier updated some stuff on my disney page though. All of the dates of planned stay and what we are intersted in etc.
:cool1:

I received the pin code today in my email, but my dad's name. Do you think they would let me use it, since it is my email and we have the same home address and vacationed together last trip? My parents aren't going with us on this trip. :sad1:

You chould give it a try. I got a code in my Mom's name and they let us use it. My Mom lives with us and we, she and I, have the same last name. The key was the email said "the Anderson family" which I am part of. The first CM I talked to said we coundn't use it. Then I called back to ask why my Mom was getting emails at my address and that CM let me use it.

The funny thing is I booked 2 rooms using that code and the friends who traveled with us just got the FD pin also sent to my email. We still have nothing. :confused3

How many day tickets do we need to purchase for a 5 night stay package? We have a 1day GAD ticket and plan on going to DisneyQuest and Waterparks.

Just like to confirm this before calling long distance.

How many day tickets do we need to purchase for a 5 night stay package? We have a 1day GAD ticket and plan on going to DisneyQuest and Waterparks.

Just like to confirm this before calling long distance.
Are you talking about to qualify for the free dining promo/pin?

In the past you have always had to purchase a Magic Your Way Package with resort, dining and at least a one day base ticket to qualify for the free dining promo/pin code.

You CAN buy 1 day ticket only to qualify for free QSDP pin.

Unforturnately some of our dates in March are sold out for the value resorts.

Currently, we have a room only reservation at the All Star Sports for 30% off. I asked if they could switch our room only rate to a package and the CM said no.

Oh well, I guess we will have to venture off site for some meals.

Currently, we have a room only reservation at the All Star Sports for 30% off. I asked if they could switch our room only rate to a package and the CM said no.

They wouldn't let you upgrade to a package? That doesn't sound right. ??

You can always add the DDP if you have room and tickets. You can keep your 30% discount but will have to pay full price for tickets and DDP.

Most likely the resort is sold out of rooms that qualify for the free dining PIN. With all deals they limit the number of rooms they will sell at that price.

CM said all the free dining packages are sold out for spring break and the pin was first sent out Feb 18. Why didn't I get it earlier? Wasted everyone's time! I am tempted to cancel our room ressie, stay offsite and cut down the number of days to the parks. My boy's have been begging to try Nick hotel.

With the free dining pin code we essentially come out ahead with 4 one day ticket.

I know I can pay for DP; but knowing others are getting it free will just bother me to no end everytime I pay for food on site.

Once you go free dining; it is so hard to go back without it.

Thank you everyone for your advise.

We already had a trip booked using the giftcard promo but my DH called WDW last night just to see if we had a free dining code. We had never received an email or anything.

A very nice CM was able to find the code attached to our home address. Woo Hoo!! We were originally staying at Pop in May with either the Quick Service Dining plan and the $300 giftcard. But now for just $100 more, we are staying at Coronado Springs with the Regular Dining Plan!!

He did ask to see if there was a code attached to my parents as well. Come to find out, our code actually has my father's name BUT our home address! The CM said that the code could be used by whoever lived at the address and had nothing to do with the name on it. :confused3 So we could use it but my Dad wouldn't be able to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter