Free Dining for October 2014

I realize this has already been asked, but please be kind to an international newbie :). We are booked in from Oct 2 until 9. Does this mean we get the full week of free dining, even though the promo ends a day after we arrive? If this is the case, I am one happy girl!

Free dining will start on the day you check in and will end when you check out. As long as you check in during the free dining days it will be good for you entire trip. So you will have free dining your entire trip.

Free dining will start on the day you check in and will end when you check out. As long as you check in during the free dining days it will be good for you entire trip. So you will have free dining your entire trip.
Thanks!!!! My 10 yr old son and I are jumping around the lounge room in excitement.

Next question, currently I have paid for about half of my reservation (resort, tickets, memory maker). Do I need to finish paying it off and then ring Disney to get my reservation re-done? Or should I just ring ASAP when the offer goes public next week? (Trying to avoid too many international phone calls!)

I think you need a Disney Visa credit card to get free dining now. If you don't have a Disney Visa card you will have to wait until it is announced to the general public on May 7. You don't need to pay off your trip until 45 days out. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I am seeing wait times of up to 1hr for people trying to book so be prepared for the wait next week. Also you may need to book a new reservation under the free dining code and all resorts are not included.

If you have a Disney visa card you can book it now. You do not have to wait until you receive any notification from Chase or Disney.

Just call, say you want the Disney Visa free dining, and use your Disney Visa to make the deposit.

You may not be able to do the Disney Visa booking online. Not sure about that one but I think you might have to call.

if you do not have a Disney visa card you will need to wait to book until the offer goes public on May 7.

Next question, currently I have paid for about half of my reservation (resort, tickets, memory maker). Do I need to finish paying it off and then ring Disney to get my reservation re-done? Or should I just ring ASAP when the offer goes public next week? (Trying to avoid too many international phone calls!)

If you already have a package and you are applying the free dining to it, you do not have to have it paid in full, and you had better call them ASAP to be sure you get the resort and dates you want, because there will be a limited number of rooms offered.

Make sure you check the exempted resorts, if you are staying at one you will need to change your resort to get the promotion. Port Orleans (both FQ and POR this time), Art of Animation Little Mermaid section, Grand Floridian Villas (just the villas, not the hotel), All Star Movies, Fort Wilderness campsites and all 3 bedroom villas are excluded.

The only reason you'd need to cancel and rebook is if you have previously booked a room only reservation and not a package.

I wonder if they will add additional days later? We made our reservations waiting for the free dining the week of October 18th as it was last year. There are bound to be some cancellations as we will likely consider.

the dates are set, they will not change even if rooms should open up.
There may be a RO discount, right now that only goes to 10/3.

we arrived on 10/19 last and the week was busier than in previous years. Booking ahead hoping for FD makes it less likely Disney will offer it because the rooms are already filled by those reservations.

Thanks everyone. I have a package booked at POP, so hopefully I will be able to get it applied next week when it opens up to the public :)

Hi all I am trying to figure out if room rate of 30% off is better then free dining.

I got a total of 3768 that is with dining passes and room seems like a good deal but not sure

If they are open, I would. having said that, even with a PIN I was getting "no availability" for the PO resorts

PO was available when I booked last week but maybe they are sold out now? I've done PO Riverside in the past and it was OK. I'm trying CBR this time. It's my first time at CBR so I hope I like it. Excited for the free dining plan. We never take time to enjoy the restaurants when we are at Disney, always on the go at the parks. This will be a neat experience to actually stop and enjoy the restaurants!

I got a total of 3768 that is with dining passes and room seems like a good deal but not sure

No sure where you booked or how many in your party but I just booked for $3,342

That includes:

3 adults, 1 child (10 yrs old)
7 nights, 8 days
Caribbean Beach resort, standard rm
7 day park hopper with waterpark option
Free dining.

You should always make your numbers to find out if free dining is better than an x% hotel price reduction. It depends on many factors and family plans.

I am wondering if I got a good deal- $2664. 2 adults dates are 10-26/11-1. At CBR, with 7 days of basic park tickets, and we upgraded to Deluxe Dining plan. I made our ADR's for 1 TS at lunch and Signature Dining at dinner. We are not really breakfast folks. Except I was able to snag a Reservation for Crystal Palace on Nov 1st. We are also not really big eaters- but its our 10 year Anniversary. And its Disney!!! I can always take back what I like and didn't finish to the room for a late night snack. Hope I got a great deal!

I was wondering if they ever offer free dining after Christmas. We were looking to possibly go Dec 28th to Jan 4th next year and cant seem to find any info if it was ever offered for that time period. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :worship:

I was wondering if they ever offer free dining after Christmas. We were looking to possibly go Dec 28th to Jan 4th next year and cant seem to find any info if it was ever offered for that time period. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :worship:

That week is very busy and many resorts at at capacity, I do not recall ever seeing a deal that week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter