Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping if it goes live to GP at midnight I'll be able to modify my reservation. I am still a little worried about doing that because I don't want to lose what I have especially since these are the dates I want whether or not I get a discount.

Okay, so I'm crunching numbers for the free dining. We have annual passes so won't use the tickets, but will save them for a future visit. Since it's just prepaying a little for later, would you take that amount out when figuring how much the room discount vs. free dining would cost? I'm trying to decide which is smarter. Paying rack rate would "cost" about $450 more so that's good for our meals. However when you add on the park hooper and tickets at $540, it's not a good deal. But I'm not losing that $540, it'll be used towards renewal. Clear as mud?!

If it's an amount that you would be paying whether it was with this deal or not, then I wouldn't count it as part of the total amount. It's not out of your budget for this vacation, you're just covering a later budget early.

I called today too. My button doesn't work, it just refreshes the page. A cast member said if I had trip insurance, DME, or Memory maker it may not let me change. I don't have any of the above. So they sent me to tech support who sent in a ticket so someone can look at it:(
I have trip insurance and DME and it works for me. Odd.

Another lurker here :) I have a couple of questions:

If we stay at a value resort and get free dining can we upgrade to the regular plan at a later date? Also, how much is required at the booking if we are not visa card holders? Or is it still $200?

Aubrav, I see our tickers match. Where are you staying? We are booked at POP. Never mind. I see your ticker says POP. I could have had a V8 moment.

Last edited:
Hoping if it goes live to GP at midnight I'll be able to modify my reservation. I am still a little worried about doing that because I don't want to lose what I have especially since these are the dates I want whether or not I get a discount.

I'm in the same boat. My dates are pretty much set in stone, too. Really hoping to modify without any glitches!!

Ive got a question about the possibility of booking at midnight.....I assume that if I already have a reservation, I would need to make a new reservation at midnight if the promo becomes available then - correct? I'd have to wait until 7am EST in order to call and make the change to my existing reservation?

In response to all of the comments about accessing the modify feature, I can click modify on MDE. However, everything I can modify just says to call for changes. What is really frustrating is that I no longer have a cancel option???

MDE or Disney.com?? I don't see anything on the MDE at all for cancel or modify, but on the Disney.com site, I see the cancel only.
On the Disney site, on My Disney Experience. If you go to your reservations, like people were talking about earlier, I only had cancel before. Now it is showing up with a cancel and a modify.

I'm mountain time, so mine is set for 3:55. :)

Mountain Time here too (are you the one from Colorado that I was chatting with about the snow a few weeks ago?) Anyway, I am hoping for a midnight release so that maybe we would all go to sleep with smiles on our faces :)

Ive got a question about the possibility of booking at midnight.....I assume that if I already have a reservation, I would need to make a new reservation at midnight if the promo becomes available then - correct? I'd have to wait until 7am EST in order to call and make the change to my existing reservation?
Not necessarily, if you book you may be able to modify online, most people seem to be able to. Unless it is a DV offer, you probably will not be able to add that promo.

I tried this with no luck, still no modify or cancel

I get the little swirl under the res # like it's attempting to load something but nothin...

Mine kept doing this while trying to make ADRs. I read on one of the boards that if it gets stuck 'thinking' then keep refreshing your screen. It worked for me with ADRs, hopefully it will work for you too :)

Mountain Time here too (are you the one from Colorado that I was chatting with about the snow a few weeks ago?) Anyway, I am hoping for a midnight release so that maybe we would all go to sleep with smiles on our faces :)
Yes, I am the one from Colorado! Enjoying all the rain this time? I love the rain. :)

Yes, I am the one from Colorado! Enjoying all the rain this time? I love the rain. :)

I love the rain unless it hangs around for days or happens while on vacation!

There is this little bird that has seriously been singing outside my office window since this afternoon. He's super happy about the rain and the worms that will follow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter