Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called to ask why I don't have a modify button and they transferred me to an IT person who went through a list of possibilities as to why not. Turns out it's because we booked 2 rooms and you can't modify if you have more than 1. Might be helpful to call and have them check for you as well. They also mentioned factors could be related to having air or ground travel booked through them.
Don't have two rooms or ground transportation. One room, through TA, deposit only.

Im determined to stay up until at least midnight to keep checking my site :) Please help me pass the time by having a little fun. Tell me:

1) Your first night dinner reservation and why you chose it
2) Your last morning breakfast reservation
3) The reservation you'll be happiest to get (or already got)
4) The reservation youre least happiest about, but got it because it worked into your plans!

And....GO...

If you read the part of the blog with the dates for the offers and the exclusions, there's a disclaimer that says this is historical information from last year
The main body of the story is based on info from 2014 but he updated recently to provide new rumored 2015 dates and his opinion based on his sources & info. He has a great site. I particularly enjoy his restaurant reviews & photography.

This has been happening to me too. I tried it last night and figured it was a glitch. Just tired again and it still won't load. I'm using FireFox and paid (not in full) with my Disney Visa.
I am using google chrome and my package is is not paid in full either but not with a Disney Visa. Maybe you should call as well.

I have some questions on RO discounts. I think I read somewhere that this discount is typically released at the same time as FD. Would that be true also for early DV access? What is considered "room only"? Is it just that I'm selecting room rather than package? Can I still add on everything else to my shopping cart such as park tickets, dining plan, and memory maker? I've been so focused on the FD release that I just now sat down to run numbers and it may actually save me more money to purchase the dining plan if I can get 30% off on a deluxe resort.

Im determined to stay up until at least midnight to keep checking my site :) Please help me pass the time by having a little fun. Tell me:

4) The reservation youre least happiest about, but got it because it worked into your plans!

And....GO...

1) Is actually Wolfgang Puck Express. We will arrive at our resort about 5 PM. Wolfgang Puck Express is like a sit down; it is not typical Disney Quick Service. This will allow us later to go to a signature restaurant that take two credits.

2) We don't waste table service credits on breakfast.

3) Ohana'

4) We haven't officially scheduled something yet, but it will either be somewhere in Hollywood Studios so we can see Fantasmic or the fact that we can't go to Kouzzinas anymore! Also, we are not fans of the places inside the Magic Kingdom. I absolutely love the Electrical Parade that they got rid of here in California. We even have their music as our exit music for our wedding after we say "I do!"

I have some questions on RO discounts. I think I read somewhere that this discount is typically released at the same time as FD. Would that be true also for early DV access? What is considered "room only"? Is it just that I'm selecting room rather than package? Can I still add on everything else to my shopping cart such as park tickets, dining plan, and memory maker? I've been so focused on the FD release that I just now sat down to run numbers and it may actually save me more money to purchase the dining plan if I can get 30% off on a deluxe resort.

Yes, you can add tickets and dining to a room offer. For a deluxe, basic rule of thumb is if you have 3+ in your party over the age of 10, the Dining is a better offer. 2 people over the age of 10 and 1 - 2 under, the room offer is better.

The *room only* only refers to the discount not the package, You can book it as room only or add any features you want and make it a package, but the 30% off applies only to the room portion.

Disney already has the method of payment used to book your pkg. You'll just need to verify so you will not need to put an additional money down. I already booked two rooms and put both deposits on my Disney visa.
Wait so i am confused i thought no matter what if u r doing free dining with a visa u must put down a new deposit even if you intially put down your first one on yur dv. I have had akl booked for two months with dining on my disney visa so all i have to do is apply the free dining to my ressie and no addiotnal deposit is neded? Smitch i would appreciate it if u could chime in on this one.

Yes, you can add tickets and dining to a room offer. For a deluxe, basic rule of thumb is if you have 3+ in your party over the age of 10, the Dining is a better offer. 2 people over the age of 10 and 1 - 2 under, the room offer is better.
Thank you so much for the info. It's just me and my boyfriend so that may be a better route to go.

I just went and looked again and my "modify" has now been added to my MDE. I guess it is just slow going for some of us. :)

And....GO...

ouh haha something to keep me busy lol :dancer:
1) Boma, because we're staying at AKL & wanted to explore our resort! Judging by the food at The Mara @AKL I have no doubt that Boma will be to die for!
2) We usually don't do last morning--I would.. but I'm the only early riser lol, but hey.. no one said a QS giant mickey waffle didn't count ;)
3) BOG--food and atmosphere was amazing when we went for lunch in Feb, so I am extremely excited to experience dinner on out last night there!
4) well, I didn't get any that I'm upset about at the moment.. well kind of. we booked CRT but are hearing bad reviews :( so might have to change that one!

Viajero magico on Twitter keeps reminding people they can book the offer starting tomorrow. I think the SA dates and offer is exactly the same for US. 3 night minimum stay, 2 day park ticket plus park hopper or water park option. That Air Canada offer has last year's dates so maybe they haven't updated their offer yet.

It makes no sense to me why SA would get to book before NA general public. So this does have me nervous that it will go straight to GP. Anyone know what this TA was saying last year at this time? Did they have the GP release date correct?

Wait so i am confused i thought no matter what if u r doing free dining with a visa u must put down a new deposit even if you intially put down your first one on yur dv. I have had akl booked for two months with dining on my disney visa so all i have to do is apply the free dining to my ressie and no addiotnal deposit is neded? Smitch i would appreciate it if u could chime in on this one.
Not Smitch, but as long as you made the initial deposit with your Disney visa, you do not have to make an additional payment. If you did not make the initial payment with your Disney Visa, you need to make a $200 payment on it at time of booking.

I never had to put down more on my deposit when I added free dining. I booked using my DV. I just added the free dining they didn't ask for more money.

They'll just verify your card number if you previously put the deposit on it.

You only need to make a DV payment if you haven't on the reservation already.

And....GO...
1) Raglan Road... not going to the parks that day and wanted a fun dinner at DTD.
2) Boma
3) Be Our Guest
4) Biergarten... just because I'm a little unsure how its going to go over with the family, but I'm hoping for the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter