Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I am having ticker withdrawal syndrome!!!!:worried: I need to plan something now....:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Anyhoo, I just wanted to tell you a little about our adventures in the World last week. It was a fabulous trip from start to finish. We really loved the resort and the pool there and it was all I could do to get the kids to leave.:rotfl2::rotfl2: We went over to Epcot 4 different times and the kids loved all the countries. I especially loved the frozen Margarita in Mexico.:thumbsup2 We definitely took advantage of the F&W kiosks. The food was fabulous. One night we bribed the kids with ice cream so DH and I could watch Boys 2 Men. They were so good and actually staying at the BC where we stayed. The kids loved the new TT and my fav is always Soarin. We spent a few days at MK and the FP+ was a lifesaver. We did QS BOG lunch and that was very cool! We also did the Wishes fireworks dessert party and the kids really enjoyed that. For those that haven't done that before keep in mind that even though you have a table everyone starts moving over to the balcony about 8:45 to claim there viewing spots. Luckily I had learned that from one of our very smart DIS peeps and knew what was happening.
I think the boys really enjoyed HS the best. They did the single rider for RnR probably 20 times.:rotfl2::rotfl2:
We did AK for the first time and I really wish I had planned another day for that as well. Very fun! Loved the Lion King show! Incredible. The safari was great as well.
My DD enjoyed the pool and the nighttime movies the best at the hotel.:rotfl2::rotfl2:
We had dinner one night a La Hacienda in Epcot and that was really yummy. Probably over all our favorite meal was burgers at Beaches and Cream followed by the chocolate milkshakes....FANTASTIC!!!!:)
Okay, thanks for letting me share! I am thinking of a Disney cruise in a few years. Anyone been on one?

Hi all,

I am having ticker withdrawal syndrome!!!!:worried: I need to plan something now....:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Anyhoo, I just wanted to tell you a little about our adventures in the World last week. It was a fabulous trip from start to finish. We really loved the resort and the pool there and it was all I could do to get the kids to leave.:rotfl2::rotfl2: We went over to Epcot 4 different times and the kids loved all the countries. I especially loved the frozen Margarita in Mexico.:thumbsup2 We definitely took advantage of the F&W kiosks. The food was fabulous. One night we bribed the kids with ice cream so DH and I could watch Boys 2 Men. They were so good and actually staying at the BC where we stayed. The kids loved the new TT and my fav is always Soarin. We spent a few days at MK and the FP+ was a lifesaver. We did QS BOG lunch and that was very cool! We also did the Wishes fireworks dessert party and the kids really enjoyed that. For those that haven't done that before keep in mind that even though you have a table everyone starts moving over to the balcony about 8:45 to claim there viewing spots. Luckily I had learned that from one of our very smart DIS peeps and knew what was happening.
I think the boys really enjoyed HS the best. They did the single rider for RnR probably 20 times.:rotfl2::rotfl2:
We did AK for the first time and I really wish I had planned another day for that as well. Very fun! Loved the Lion King show! Incredible. The safari was great as well.
My DD enjoyed the pool and the nighttime movies the best at the hotel.:rotfl2::rotfl2:
We had dinner one night a La Hacienda in Epcot and that was really yummy. Probably over all our favorite meal was burgers at Beaches and Cream followed by the chocolate milkshakes....FANTASTIC!!!!:)
Okay, thanks for letting me share! I am thinking of a Disney cruise in a few years. Anyone been on one?

glad you had such a great trip! and the weather was great despite the pre-trip forecast.

Oh my GOSH I am loving seeing all the updates from those who have already gone and are there now! Keep them coming!!! :cool1:
If anyone is at Epcot and happens to notice if the funnel cake place in America has pumpkin ones, let me know!! :) Also, are they a snack credit? TIA!!

Everyone enjoy your trips!!!!pixiedust:

glad you had such a great trip! and the weather was great despite the pre-trip forecast.

I know!! I actually made that comment to my DH. I checked those weather apps constantly the week before....rain every day on them.....not a drop the whole week we were there....:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

laceyinwonderland said:
Oh my GOSH I am loving seeing all the updates from those who have already gone and are there now! Keep them coming!!! :cool1:
If anyone is at Epcot and happens to notice if the funnel cake place in America has pumpkin ones, let me know!! :) Also, are they a snack credit? TIA!!

They did!!! Got one the other day. If you see a guy named Brandon when you get yours be sure to holler his name a couple times and call him awesome for being ready with the Pumpkin one cooking lol.

I know!! I actually made that comment to my DH. I checked those weather apps constantly the week before....rain every day on them.....not a drop the whole week we were there....:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

same here; even checked the weather every day on our Kindle Fire while we were there. there were a few drops of rain one night when the kids were watching the movie on the lawn at the resort and that was it, though we did drive through areas on the bus that you could tell there had been rain.

What would be the ideal time in 2014 to book a trip, if i wanted to fall under the free dining promotion?

I know nothing has been released and won't be for some time, but i'd like to book my trip now. How does Sept 10-15th sound when going off of Disney's history of the FDP?

HBGdancermom said:
So glad you had a great trip!!!:cool1:

Have a wonderful time!!!!!:)

You go girl!!!! That is some serious park time!!! How did you do that????:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am right there with ya!!! I need to plan something else I decided.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

It was very painful but doable lol

laceyinwonderland said:

Had 1 today and they are yummy! And no, unfortunately they are not included.

Did F&W festival for the first time today. We had so much fun. We used our snack credits to try different foods and paid OOP for a few cocktails. We tried a honey wine in Ireland that was really good but tasted more like a whiskey. My husband tried Sake, he didn't like it, and I tried frozen beer in Japan....that was good. We tried a sangria in Italy that was good but tasted like it was missing alcohol...lol than we ended with a mango, strawberry and lime margarita in Mexico. Now we're back at POP and the kids are swimming....I'm sitting here with a towel around my shoulders because I'm cold lol

Just wondering where you got the shirts from. They are magic.....
Thank you! I designed them. I am having them made at customizedgirl.com
http://www.customizedgirl.com/

Hate to be a "Debbie Downer" but need to communicate with people who understand. Deleting all the WDW planning files I have on my work computer and the reality of just how long it's going to be before we return (probably at least 4 years) is really starting to set in. :sad::sad:

I get Disney withdrawal every trip. It a depressing time. This year was not as bad because it was only a year since last trip.
4 years is a long time. Perhaps try to sneak in a weekend some time...

Did F&W festival for the first time today. We had so much fun. We used our snack credits to try different foods and paid OOP for a few cocktails. We tried a honey wine in Ireland that was really good but tasted more like a whiskey. My husband tried Sake, he didn't like it, and I tried frozen beer in Japan....that was good. We tried a sangria in Italy that was good but tasted like it was missing alcohol...lol than we ended with a mango, strawberry and lime margarita in Mexico. Now we're back at POP and the kids are swimming....I'm sitting here with a towel around my shoulders because I'm cold lol

That will be be sitting by the pool in a couple weeks. I can't stand swimming when it's cold out!
Sounds like you had a fun and tasty day! That Irish mead is sweet and strong....I think I will skip it and go with the frozen margarita from Mexico. Now that I can still do in the cold...go figure!
Have fun tomorrow!

Has anybody else experienced a very slow turn around time (slower than usual) with getting PP+ CD? I ordered mine on the 23rd and I chose expedited shipping and said it would ship by the 28th. Today it shows it is still being processed. Should I be worried???:confused3

Probably not, but keep on top of it. The whole system seems incredibly slow right now. We chose to download our pictures, but about 100 of them didn't get included. It took us several sessions with the help desk to get it fixed -so double check that you have all your photos when you get the CD. When we called this morning, shortly after opening, the recording said that it might be around 30 minutes before we would be able to speak with someone. I suspect we aren't the only ones with PP+ struggles.

Hi all,

I know the feeling! I'm starting to dream of a Aluani trip and trying to plot a way to make it happen. ;)

Thank you! I designed them. I am having them made at customizedgirl.com
http://www.customizedgirl.com/

I get Disney withdrawal every trip. It a depressing time. This year was not as bad because it was only a year since last trip.
4 years is a long time. Perhaps try to sneak in a weekend some time...

9 days woohoo luggage is out last years magical express tickets cut off and new ones going on today

Here's a question for those that are back from their trips -- I noticed you can select Fasspass+ for attractions that didn't typically have fast passes available. For those rides, did they now have Fasspass machines to obtain a legacy FP? Or do some only offer the FP+?

Here's a question for those that are back from their trips -- I noticed you can select Fasspass+ for attractions that didn't typically have fast passes available. For those rides, did they now have Fasspass machines to obtain a legacy FP? Or do some only offer the FP+?

There are some rides that only have FP +.

They did!!! Got one the other day. If you see a guy named Brandon when you get yours be sure to holler his name a couple times and call him awesome for being ready with the Pumpkin one cooking lol.

Had 1 today and they are yummy! And no, unfortunately they are not included.

Thanks so much guys!!! Now that Ive got everything else planned, Im even looking ahead to what snacks I wanna try. My husband says I have a problem! LOL I know ya'll will understand! I was struggling to know if I wanted a pumpkin funnel cake, or caramel corn from Germany. Now I know! OOP for funnel cake, and popcorn with my credit for later!!! :thumbsup2

Any other must try snacks in Epcot?

Nov 11-19th

I noticed that aym4Him has posted quite a bit in this thread. She is part of the November trip group (and i believe the trip was a WISH for her son) and just shared some horrible information with us. She stated we could send out a little message to the other threads she follows.

She lost her husband.

Please send your prayers to her and her son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter