Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
moving over.

6AM, one week from right now we will be in the car on the way to the airport. It's coming fast now.
sending my room request fax to FQ on Monday, can't wait to stay there.

moving over.

6AM, one week from right now we will be in the car on the way to the airport. It's coming fast now.
sending my room request fax to FQ on Monday, can't wait to stay there.

Yay. Have an amazing time. I have just reached my 60 days. I will do online check in tomorrow night Australia time.

pixiedust:

I think everyone else stayed on part 3....

:confused3. :confused3. :confused3

:hourglass

Off-topic question we use magical express we never Rent-A-Car we usually use Disney transport. Unfortunately I'm going to need a scooter this time we have many dinner reservations at other resorts So I'm thinking maybe we should rent a car for the whole week so we can come and go as we please with scooter. We haven't parked in the regular parking lot since the 80s can anybody tell me if it's very inconvenient to drive to each park every day versus the buses if I have an evc.

Off-topic question we use magical express we never Rent-A-Car we usually use Disney transport. Unfortunately I'm going to need a scooter this time we have many dinner reservations at other resorts So I'm thinking maybe we should rent a car for the whole week so we can come and go as we please with scooter. We haven't parked in the regular parking lot since the 80s can anybody tell me if it's very inconvenient to drive to each park every day versus the buses if I have an evc.

All buses are equipped to have scooters on board. My mother uses one because of her knees. We've never had a problem with transportation either going to the parks or other resorts.

For the first time we drove to all our Disney destinations. It was so much more convenient and less stressful and took less time. The trams have spots to hold EVCs, but you will have to transfer to a regular seat,at least that is what I saw folks with evc's do. At the MK the trams take you to the TTC and you can choose to get to park my monorail or ferry. The ferry was awesome and folks with evc's could just ride them right on and stay on them.:thumbsup2 The trams to HS take you and pick you up at the entrance; closer than the bus's. We were able to park so close at Epcot that we never took the tram and the tram at AK was about the same as the buses, if not a little closer. Hoping for a quick recovery! Best of luck!!! Have a magical trip!pixiedust:

For the first time we drove to all our Disney destinations. It was so much more convenient and less stressful and took less time. The trams have spots to hold EVCs, but you will have to transfer to a regular seat,at least that is what I saw folks with evc's do. At the MK the trams take you to the TTC and you can choose to get to park my monorail or ferry. The ferry was awesome and folks with evc's could just ride them right on and stay on them.:thumbsup2 The trams to HS take you and pick you up at the entrance; closer than the bus's. We were able to park so close at Epcot that we never took the tram and the tram at AK was about the same as the buses, if not a little closer. Hoping for a quick recovery! Best of luck!!! Have a magical trip!pixiedust:

Thank you. I know the buses are equipped to handle the evc but I'm not equipped to handle the evc lol.. I never used one I hate the thought of needing one. But my knee is just not healed from surgery yet ;(. I was going to cancel but this was a surprise 50 th bday and 29 year late honeymoon trip with fd . I don't Want to give tht up. We have way too many dinner ressie's and I'm gettin discouraged thinking hmmm bus to mk just to switch o another bus to get to where we are eating then after dinner do that again to get back is TOOOO much. I think th car ill be less stressful even with dh having to drive.

All buses are equipped to have scooters on board. My mother uses one because of her knees. We've never had a problem with transportation either going to the parks or other resorts.

It's my knee to. I know the buses are equipped but we are doing more dining this trip at other resorts which would mean 4 buses to get to dinner or breakfast.. Too much with an evc I think. But thank you for your input. I appreciate all the advice to help me decide

Thank you. I know the buses are equipped to handle the evc but I'm not equipped to handle the evc lol.. I never used one I hate the thought of needing one. But my knee is just not healed from surgery yet ;(. I was going to cancel but this was a surprise 50 th bday and 29 year late honeymoon trip with fd . I don't Want to give tht up. We have way too many dinner ressie's and I'm gettin discouraged thinking hmmm bus to mk just to switch o another bus to get to where we are eating then after dinner do that again to get back is TOOOO much. I think th car ill be less stressful even with dh having to drive.

I can transfer to a seat that's better I was so scared to hold people up on the buses because I can't parallel park an evc as. Novice lol

We found navigating around the area to be pretty easy; there are signs everywhere telling you where to go. Know your resort "area" though, because signs do not always give a specific resort. For example we stayed at AoA which is in the Wide World of Sports area. We followed that and then it would break down directions more specifically.

This might be something to inquire about since you are doing a lot of resort dining. The day we were leaving we had ADR for late breakfast at 'Ohana and then were planning to spend 3 hours at MK before heading home. We asked the gentleman at the Poly gate if we could park until about 3pm and he said that would be fine. So after breakfast we took the monorail from Poly to MK and then back again.

If you mean my comment I did write this is an off topic question. Geez lighten up Bill . Pixie dust

No I don't mean your comment. I mean there isn't one post in this thread related to free dining. My question was just a question. Lighten up sunset.

How is this a free dining thread?
Hello! This is a thread that started in April for the Sept FD watch and has continued through with folks who are going to Disney with FD through Dec of this year. We have enjoyed each others knowledge and friendship so much, that we just want to keep the magic alive! In the meantime, we never know where the conversation might lead...thus, the title, "and a whole lot more." Welcome!:wave2:

How is this a free dining thread?

This is a continuation of a thread started a few months ago. We make announcements of free dining but will talk about other things as well. It's a big happy family here, but lots of breaking news, rumors and leaks as well.

Stick around. It's a fun time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter