Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! Anyone have any new info on PP+ (new name - memory maker)? Can it be added to MB's or are they still handing out cards? TIA

We just got here yesterday and they are still handing out cards. Some photos can be put on the band. The exception was either ride photos or restaurant photos. I didn't pay too close attention because if you did have them put on the band you still had to get them transferred at some point to the card. Their was a huge line just to redeem the voucher. I certainly wasn't going to wait in another line to transfer photos!

Well another great day in the world.

Woke up at 7am and mom wasn't moving very fast so pulled up the MDE app and adjusted our first fast passes. That is probably one of the best parts of FP+.

Hit the food court around 9. Found a table pretty easy, and lines were very manageable. Mom used one CS and I bought a side OOP. I can't eat eggs and I don't like pancakes/waffles/French toast or any of those things so breakfast is kind of a wash for me. Couldn't see wasting a whole CS credit on me. We shared a bit and she used her mug for coffee and got a milk with her meal for me.

Went to dropped off our rental car then took a boat to DHS. Arrived around 10:30. We hit RNR and ToT first since I would be riding solo. I changed out my later FP+ for the first and rode single rider line. Ten minutes tops.

I had pulled a paper FP for ToT (got a KTTK card on Sat and it still allowed double dipping)and rode it, but it took longer. Standby was 120 min, it took ten minutes to enter the building from FP. Turns out that there were problems and the kept shutting down elevators. They had walk people off. I ended up having to exit one car to switch to another. A move I repeated on Star Tours when it failed. I also heard that RNR went down in the afternoon. Bad day for rides. Anyway. Between FP and FP+ I rode pretty much everything I wanted. I did Stars X3.

Being able to switch out my FP+ on the fly was totally great. Wifi picked up fine, only had problem connecting once (I was in a building and even my cellular was sketchy). Pulled three paper fast passes and everything else was a walk on.

Used the dining plan at Hollywood Brown derby. Yummy as usual. I had used the DDP to book the Fantasmic Dinner Package. We were late getting back to the park after a break at the resort. Fantasmic was standing room only but since we arrived around 7:00 we were still able to get into the reserved area. Great seats and totally worth using two TS credits. Plus unlike most TS DDP meals you get an Appetizer and entree and dessert (they actually boxed up our dessert since we were full).

We did buy one bottle of water and two ice cream snacks OOP. We have plans for the snack credits.

Crowds were slightly crowded but not unreasonable, well except for Fantasmic.

Nice weather, no rain, not sweaty hot, and crowds were manageable.

Back n the room and got my feet up. F&W tomorrow. Haven't used our snack credits as we plan to graze for lunch and diner.

ETA: did have one MB glitch. Mom's MB would not register at DHS when we went back for Fantasmic. We had her KTTK card and it read fine.

Had a great stay! Leaving tomorrow. Booked our BB for next August and we are taking the nephews! Woot!
Joe I hope you get better soon!!
I skipped a lot of pages so not totally caught up.

Well friends my results came back. I'm just a broken old man. I have four to six disks with arthritis. A few spurs. I have at least four narrowing disks and one disk with a spinal compression. Now I have to see a neurosurgeon to see what things I can do to help me.

I shouldn't be falling apart so soon. A trip to Disney will mend me...

All those who are headed to Disney...I hope you have a wonderful time.

Thanks too for the well wishes. I'm taking a mild non narcotic as my body doesn't do well to drugs. I've managed to work out more than half of the issues already. I can touch my chin to my chest which I couldn't do a week ago and my range of motion is back. I'm down to this very dull ache in my shoulder and arms especially when I awaken. I'm confident I can work tho out over a bit more time.

I am so sorry to hear that, but am glad you are working on getting better. If you can't get Disney therapy, maybe you could get a pool. Water therapy is great for everything. ;)

martiniglassesforme said:
We arrive at Pop on Thursday this week. I will check in here and let you know the status of KTTW there once we check in to the hotel.

We checked into POP on the 26th and got them but have yet to use them. Mbs are awesome....and I was one of the haters lol they have been working great and they are sooooo easy. I've made fp reservations on the way to the parks or the night before using the MDE app. I'm a lover now lol just make sure you hold your band against the Mickey until it turns green. My husbands "lost its memory" because he pulled away too quick. So we fixed it through MDE. Haven't had a problem since.

We checked into POP on the 26th and got them but have yet to use them. Mbs are awesome....and I was one of the haters lol they have been working great and they are sooooo easy. I've made fp reservations on the way to the parks or the night before using the MDE app. I'm a lover now lol just make sure you hold your band against the Mickey until it turns green. My husbands "lost its memory" because he pulled away too quick. So we fixed it through MDE. Haven't had a problem since.

we loved them too, had no problems once we got the hang of tapping the band. I don't have a smartphone but was able to use the wifi at the resort at night to change a couple of our days around and used the kiosks at the parks to make changes too.

Hi all:

I leave at dark-o'clock tomorrow to spend two days at Universal, and check in to Pop on Nov 1st:cool1::cool1::cool1:. I am going to the MNSSHP on the 1st and the MVMCP on Nov 8th, checking out on Nov 11. I'll be sporting an American Red Cross string backpack, so say hi if you see me!!

Epcot day went great. Used all our snack credits eating around the festival. Great use of credits. We did pay with a chase rewards card for a morning bagel and a few festival items that were below 4 dollars.

Used my MB at all the booths with no problems. Also did photo pass pictures today also using MB. Just another reason to use them.

We did go by the Chase lounge to cool off around 1. Had a few sodas and refiled my water bottle. We also got wristbands for the Smash Mouth concert and Illuminations. We did not end up staying for the fireworks but gave our bands to a couple on our way out.

According to my fitbit we walked over ten miles today and it totally feels like it, so hopefully I walked off all the calories today.

bookgirl said:
Epcot day went great. Used all our snack credits eating around the festival. Great use of credits. We did pay with a chase rewards card for a morning bagel and a few festival items that were below 4 dollars.

Used my MB at all the booths with no problems. Also did photo pass pictures today also using MB. Just another reason to use them.

We did go by the Chase lounge to cool off around 1. Had a few sodas and refiled my water bottle. We also got wristbands for the Smash Mouth concert and Illuminations. We did not end up staying for the fireworks but gave our bands to a couple on our way out.

According to my fitbit we walked over ten miles today and it totally feels like it, so hopefully I walked off all the calories today.

We were at MK from rope drop until midnight yesterday. I felt like I got hit with a freight train last night....everything hurt. I was still sore when I got up this morning. We were at MK from about 9:30-9:30 today. We covered EVERYTHING in 2 days there. We did AK the day we got down here and did everything twice. So tomorrow we're doing Epcot. They have EMH from 8-9 tomorrow morning. So were hoping to do Soarin and TT before it gets crowded. I also set up FP for Soarin and TT again along with Talk Time with Crush for later in the day. Where are you going tomorrow?

showimg.cgi

showimg.cgi

These are the ladies shirts. The only matching ones for girls and women were pink camo. But hey, we are from NC so shoot us.....( if you can find us in our pink cammo)

Front design is the same. All the quotes are different. DD is Christophers DW is Mickey's

showimg.cgi

showimg.cgi

These are the ladies shirts. The only matching ones for girls and women were pink camo. But hey, we are from NC so shoot us.....( if you can find us in our pink cammo)

Front design is the same. All the quotes are different. DD is Christophers DW is Mickey's

Just wondering where you got the shirts from. They are magic.....

Hi all:

I leave at dark-o'clock tomorrow to spend two days at Universal, and check in to Pop on Nov 1st:cool1::cool1::cool1:. I am going to the MNSSHP on the 1st and the MVMCP on Nov 8th, checking out on Nov 11. I'll be sporting an American Red Cross string backpack, so say hi if you see me!!

WooHoo!!! You're on your way to DISNEY! Have a super sweet time!!!!pixiedust:

Has anybody else experienced a very slow turn around time (slower than usual) with getting PP+ CD? I ordered mine on the 23rd and I chose expedited shipping and said it would ship by the 28th. Today it shows it is still being processed. Should I be worried???:confused3

Hate to be a "Debbie Downer" but need to communicate with people who understand. Deleting all the WDW planning files I have on my work computer and the reality of just how long it's going to be before we return (probably at least 4 years) is really starting to set in. :sad::sad:

Not happy that Obama is speaking at the yacht Club the day we made ressies for yachtsman and capt grilles. Ugh

Used free wifi in parks constantly. Only prob was had trouble adjusting fp+ in parks bc mde was not working well....not even on cms devices. That was oct 5-12....don't know if situation is better, or not.

I found that the "once a day" re-connect caused problems with my phone. I think it was wanting me to "click here to agree" or something, although it never really displayed anything. Sometimes it would just "stop" at night.

If I dropped the connection and reconnected, I was good for another 24 hours.

So, may have been a quirk of my device, but just in case it helps.

glad your trip went well, we just got back this afternoon, it was such a great trip for us,

So glad you had a great trip!!!:cool1:

Hey gang! :wave2:

Got here safe and sound and after waiting 45 minutes for our luggage we grabbed our rental and headed for WDW.

Got checked in, our magic bands worked great but they were out of the 2013 sliders.

Picked up our mugs and headed for the room. We did get our request for a first floor room but no fridge (requested one for meds), but they brought us one as soon as we called.

Headed out for some shopping but unless you count Starbucks destination mugs we didn't buy anything at the outlets.

Did a walmart run for water and a few items, then parked the car and hopped on a boat for DTD. It was a wait (2 boats), and DTD was slightly busy but not crazy even for a Saturday.

Ate at Earl of Sandwich. We really wanted soup/sandwich. Found out that you can 'trade' your drink and side for soup. So a full sandwich with soup for a CS credit. We were good with that.

Did some shopping at World of Disney (we each bought one item). Then called it done and we're back in the room.

Not bad for our first half day at the world. Heading to DHS tomorrow so I'll try to let you know how it goes with crowds/FP+/Fantasmic Dinner Package on Free dining.

Joe glad you're feeling better, Kat hope your trip in was good, Kathie have a safe trip tomorrow.

Night all.

Have a wonderful time!!!!!:)

We were at MK from rope drop until midnight yesterday. I felt like I got hit with a freight train last night....everything hurt. I was still sore when I got up this morning. We were at MK from about 9:30-9:30 today. We covered EVERYTHING in 2 days there. We did AK the day we got down here and did everything twice. So tomorrow we're doing Epcot. They have EMH from 8-9 tomorrow morning. So were hoping to do Soarin and TT before it gets crowded. I also set up FP for Soarin and TT again along with Talk Time with Crush for later in the day. Where are you going tomorrow?

You go girl!!!! That is some serious park time!!! How did you do that????:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hate to be a "Debbie Downer" but need to communicate with people who understand. Deleting all the WDW planning files I have on my work computer and the reality of just how long it's going to be before we return (probably at least 4 years) is really starting to set in. :sad::sad:
I am right there with ya!!! I need to plan something else I decided.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am so sorry.:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter