Free Dining Announcement by April 12

And what is "you get what you pay for" to you is "way out of my budget" for me LOL!
All that really matters, though, is how popular the rooms are. If a lot of people will book value resort rooms without the free dining promotion, and not-so-many people will book deluxe resort rooms without the free dining promotion, then it makes sense that the promotion will be more heavily aimed at filling the rooms that need to be filled -- the ones that won't be filled otherwise.

Ok....I'm gettin excited...
My travel agent said they might announce the
free dining on april 11...with a shorter time frame...

I think we will get the free dining....too many people
are hearing the same story:cool1:
Kerri

We are still going whether we get free dining or not. Either way it will be wonderful! We went during free dining last year and it was very crowded that first week. If we get it, it will be great. If we don't, it should be a little less crowded.

I can't wait either way.

Gretchen

We feel the exact same way, just an added bonus if they do it!

I met a lot of DISers in Sept/Oct last year and will have to dig out my list to see if any of them are coming this time too. I met a few people outside but none inside and trust me, with my bright lime green "Slightly Goofy" shirt parading through a restaurant - I am not an easy to sight to miss. :rotfl2:

Slightly Goofy/Linda

:yay: I'm one of those people that noticed a bright lime green "Slightly Goofy" shirt, and came up to talk to you one morning in POP's food court! I was with my best friend, and our 2 5yo's princess: :mickeyjum . They were driving us :crazy: and you were kind enough to give them a surprise! We will be back at POP this year, from the 14th-22nd when we board the Mickey boat! :woohoo: Maybe we'll see you again!

The rumour mill is churning and per Lou Mongello's podcast, Free Dining in August and September is coming back. There might be an anouncement as early as April 12.

Maz:3dglasses

April 12th now? I really don't think i can wait that long. I really don't know what to do anymore. I myself, my brother, and cousin are going to the world no matter what August 25- Sept 1st, but my parents are only going if there is free dining. I don't wait to make ressis or ADRs unless I know exactly what is going on, and all this speculation and waiting is making me crazy. I am checking every thread i can and the Disney Visa site at least every hour!!! Disney normally makes me very very very happy and right now it's making me nuts!!! I really hope we know something soon!!!!!

I have stayed in all 3 levels of the resorts, and as long as there is a bed and a bathroom it doesn't matter if it has free dining or not.. we are in the parks all day the whole time we are at WDW...we only see the room to sleep in.
Still hoping for free dining to just make this trip alittle more special for my daughter since it will be her graduation present from me.

We will be there just in time: Sept 14-22. We may even add an extra day. We was planning this trip regardless of the FD, but this makes it even better :cool1:

I wish they would run this in June. We can't go at that time. I sure do wish we could though.

disneyfan551, I remember you guys. I never forget people with such adorable kids. I am a bit worried about how I am going to fit my treats in my new Disney purse though. I meet so many kids celebrating birthdays and such and hate to not have something to give them. :wizard:

I keep a collection of all the DISers I meet in my photo files and since I use them as my screen saver your pictures pop up from time to time. :)

Maybe we will see each other again in September as we really enjoyed the POP food court. I do not like cheesecake but that tied dyed one was quite good. Tom fell for the Asian noodle bowl. popcorn::

Slightly Goofy

Is anyone else's head spinning from all this, orit is because I'm new to this?!?!:sad2: I never even thought about hurricane season. Going Sept 8 - 16, should I be worried about weather? And where's the best place to find when the free dining is offered - will wdw put it on their website?:confused3 :confused3

I never even thought about hurricane season. Going Sept 8 - 16, should I be worried about weather?

Unfortunately, August and September are, historically, the worst months for hurricanes in FL.

However, we've been to WDW *during* a hurricane (Charley in '04!) and it didn't ruin our vacation at all. Disney has an incredible system for bracing for a hurricane and cleaning up afterwards.

When Charley blew through, they shut the parks early, 11AM, on the day it was supposed to arrive. They asked everyone to go back to their resorts and wait ... movies were playing non-stop on about 6 Disney resort channels to make sure there was *something* to do in the rooms. The actually hurricane arrived a 8PM and had passed over by midnight (Charley was fast-moving and that was actually good for us tourists!).

The next morning, the parks opened on time (except for AK, which suffered a LOT of tree damage and opened the following day). Inside the parks, you could have sworn the hurricane just did a little detour around!

As far as hurricanes go, I think Disney's got to be one of the safest places in the world to have to deal with one. The poor folks out in Orlando had no power for a couple days and the roof of the airport collapsed, but inside DisneyWorld everything was normal.

I never even thought about hurricane season. Going Sept 8 - 16, should I be worried about weather?

Not really, central FL rarely gets hit by hurricanes. I think 2004 when they got hit with the 3 or 4 hurricanes was just a freak of nature. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it doesn't happen very often. The only weather worries is the rain really.

We are still going whether we get free dining or not. Either way it will be wonderful! We went during free dining last year and it was very crowded that first week. If we get it, it will be great. If we don't, it should be a little less crowded.

I can't wait either way.

Gretchen

Me too! It looks like I will just miss out (8/20 to 8/30) but I'm hoping to at least have lower crowds until the 26th if free dining doesn't start until then.

slightly goofy.....:wave:

if you are in the same room as last time when i was there, i'll leave another lgmh for you !

I'm considering switching to the week after I had planned on going, to take advantage of the supposed rumored free dining. I spoke with a CM....because I'm also considering maybe getting a room at the CR rather than two rooms at the CBR (seems cheaper). We are a family of myself, DD 22 DD 20 DD 18 and DS 14. First, she laughed when I mentioned the rumors going around of the free dining and said she knew nothing about it (not surprised about that part) but...........I had no idea that it costs an extra 25 dollars a night for more than two adults in a room. So I'd be paying an extra 350 dollars for myself and my kids to all stay in one room. It actually works out cheaper to keep two rooms at CBR! Glad I called first.

And I'm so upset with myself for not booking when I was there in December, during the bounce back program. I didn't even pay attention to the notice in my room because I thought we wouldn't be going back until October :( .

I sure hope they decide to offer free DDP and that these dates are right. We had planned to go in the last week in June, but we can do the last week in Aug instead. The free DDP would allow me inner budget queen to extended our stay by a few days.:yay:

We will be there just in time: Sept 14-22. We may even add an extra day. We was planning this trip regardless of the FD, but this makes it even better :cool1:
Hi Minnieandme,
My DH and i will WDW the same dates as you the 14th through the 22nd staying at the POR what resourt will you be staying at ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter