• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Announcement by April 12

Do you think they will announce and/or offer any earlier to Disney Visa holders? I heard they did that last year. :confused3

My current plan, if FD is announced, is to check in on September 8th for 14 nites and then book another 14 days starting the 22nd and then start hoping that next year they do not cut the days back further so that we can book in for FD again next year using the same AP. 41 days of Free Dining between 2007-8 plus 10 days at Xmas 2007 and 10 days plus for F&G in 2008. About 61 plus days with my AP's costing about $500 (after taking off my credit card rewards and turning in 2 of my one day tickets) not too bad. :thumbsup2

Not that I am greedy or anything. :lmao:

Slightly Goofy

j/c How long are you planning on going for in Sept..14 or 28 nights? I am lucky to go for 6 nights once a year. Not to mention your other 20 days your planning to go. :lmao:

Before everyone gets to excited, Rumor has it the date are from August 26 thru Sept 22

Of course that's when Florida schools (including colleges) should all be back in session.

Hmmm I just might have to plan trips for a few days to get the FD and eat at all the places I haven't eaten by then.

No my question is, is the FD offered only for the Travel dates that it would be offered or is that time in which you have to Book a ressie to get the FD during the dates they'll be offering?

I'm just trying to figure out how Slightly is planning on getting all those days of FD so I can get it too with my AP. ;)

ZIPBAGS, I am thinking 28 days this September and then however many days I can fit in IF they have free dining again next year BEFORE our AP runs out.:thumbsup2

I remember the bad old days when we could only afford to go 3 or 4 days at a time. It was BEFORE we retired and BEFORE I found the DIS boards and learned the tricks of the trade from the experts.:teacher:

Thank you!!!!:love:

One day you TOO will be long timers!! :cheer2:

Slightly Goofy

Who is Lou Mongello?

Funny thing... I got both his trivia books and inside it says he's from Scotch Plains, NJ. I used to live in Garwood, NJ, the town over. (now I live in Staten Island) So I thought that was cool... Anyway, last year we flew Jet Blue out of Newark Airport on Sept 19th and we're standing in line ready to board the plane and who's standing in front of me?? Lou! He was wearing a disney trivia t-shirt. I said hi and we talked for a few minutes. He's really nice.

lustergirl, goodie, goodie!! There is a very good chance that we shall be at DW when you are. If you need an old person to hold parade seats for you some night let me know. I have already made a promise for another person but I have a feeling, if things work out, we shall see more than ONE parade. :lmao: If I am going to sit there for two hours for my favorite seats I insist on seeing TWO parades. Told ya, I 'm greedy.

keliblue, thanks for the offer. We stayed for 3 weeks last time and I came home 4 pounds lighter. I have lost 90 pounds so far and am down about 7.5 for this year so far. It is very hard for me to lose weight. I cannot wait until I make that 100 pound mark. I refuse to think of how many more pounds I have to go. At least Barnum and Bailey has stopped sending employment applications. :rotfl2:

I love the Disney Diet, between the walking and distractions as well as the heat in the summer I can eat what I want (not that much) and still lose weight. Just gotta win the lottery and spend a full year there to get BEE U TA FULL!!!

Slightly Goofy

I hope this is true. I will be checking in on the 22nd! And would love to have free dining so I can upgrade from Pop Century to POFQ!

If I book by trip and arrive the last day the FD is offered will I get the FD for my entire stay or just that one day?

What are the qualifications for free dining? Do you just have to be staying in one of their resorts or is there a minimum tix purchase? We are at CSR for 3 nights 9/20-23 but are only doing 1 or 2 park days, not a package. We aren't signed up for the dining plan.

Mannnnnn, I've been away for two days & look at all I've missed:confused3
SGoofy. are those "nameless Sept people ME:banana: ?
You also might get the chance to meet KelliBlue in Dec with us if my DH bales out:rotfl: We met on the boards last year & at the Pop party. We took a short trip in Nov, that allowed us to book bounceback. She is the best:love: You are soooooo gonna have the greatest time for 28 days:banana: BTW - I didn't loose weight, what's your secret?????
xoxo
Bonzi

If the rumor is true, it appears that they took option #3
I suspect they did both #2 and #3, in the right measure. What I read into that aspect of the rumor is that Disney did have a lot of success with the targeted offerings of free dining, and with the 40% off codes, for the early part and the late part of hurricane season, and only had trouble filling rooms in the deepest part of the heart of hurricane season.

Oh I am so excited!!!!! I just got done saying to a friend that I might actually be able to convince DH to go if they offer free dining this summer. Unfortunately, he just isn't the Disney nut that I am, and needs a "deal" to get him to go.

Can't wait for the announcement:cool1:

I called Disney last night because our friends wanted to book a trip the same time as us at the same place.. AKL...
Anyway, I asked the CM about free dining and was totally shot down, he didn't seem too thrilled and he said they had no idea! :confused3

True.. but I'd still love a deal too :) I wouldn't be going in July if it wasn't for my husband's company closing down for the week to give everyone a vacation ;)

I feel your pain- the company DH works for does the same thing. It's two weeks with us- week of July 4th and week of Christmas. We did manage to do the free dining the first year it was offered. We were going to go in Dec of that year, but since he was looking at changing jobs, we moved the trip up and then the second round of free dining was offered, so we jumped on it. Let me tell ya, it was nice! Anyhow, some sort of discount would be nice, but we are just happy to be going rather than staying at home.:)

I called Disney last night because our friends wanted to book a trip the same time as us at the same place.. AKL...
Anyway, I asked the CM about free dining and was totally shot down, he didn't seem too thrilled and he said they had no idea! :confused3

I dealt with this last year when waiting for Candlelight Processional tickets to go on sale. There was a new restaurant policy and everyone that had called a CM earlier for the straight info kept getting different answers depending who you talked too. I would almost trust a non-disney travel agent before believing what a CM on the phone says.

Maz :3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter