Free dining 2014

aggordon2 said:
We just came back 2 weeks ago and had a bounce back offer for free dining for August and September of 2014.

Jumped on it immediately :cool1: :cool1:

Wow that's awesome, but really far in advance. I didn't realize they'd do a bounce back a year out

I was wondering if anyone remembers when they announced the free dining for this year for the fall. We are planning on going next Christmas and I want to go ahead and make my reservations so I have a longer time to pay for my trip but was wondering do I just make a room/ticket reservation and can I add the free dining later or do I go ahead and make the reservation with dining? I guess what I am trying to ask is Can I add dining onto a reservation after it is made and how long before arrival do I have to do that?

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone remembers when they announced the free dining for this year for the fall. We are planning on going next Christmas and I want to go ahead and make my reservations so I have a longer time to pay for my trip but was wondering do I just make a room/ticket reservation and can I add the free dining later or do I go ahead and make the reservation with dining? I guess what I am trying to ask is Can I add dining onto a reservation after it is made and how long before arrival do I have to do that?

Thanks

I got FD for November trip. The promotion started around around the first week in August.
I had an existing reservation that I opened up in January at POFQ but POFQ was not included in the reservation so I had to switch resorts to get FD. No fee or any problem getting it changed. I could have stayed at POFQ for RO but the FD was significantly a bigger savings since we had ADRs for each day already. Once we got FD I was able to add another ADR which brought me over the count for FD, but we are ok with the OOP expense since most meals will be covered now.
:banana:

Thank you for your help. Quick question though which resort did you have to move to to get the free dining. We are considering staying at POR. Are they one of the resorts that normally has free dining rooms?

From what I have seen in the past, the only moderate that has been exempt from the FD was POFQ. POR is too big of a resort to not offer FD if it is offered.

Thanks for the information! One other quick question. When making a reservation that far in advance and hoping for the free dining should I go ahead and make my reservation with dining or should I just make a reservation with room and tixs? Thanks to everyone for the help!!

There have been PIN codes released for next January - but they are not free dining. They are for the Stay/Play/Dine offer. You should probably not anticipate any free dining in the early part of next year, although you never know.

Thanks for the information! One other quick question. When making a reservation that far in advance and hoping for the free dining should I go ahead and make my reservation with dining or should I just make a reservation with room and tixs? Thanks to everyone for the help!!

Book a package. Whether it's including dining or not is irrelevant, just make sure it is a package (room plus tickets). You can call and have them apply the discount to your package if it is announced.

POR did have a free dining offer but it appears that rooms available on the promotion were limited, especially so in certain room categories. I think it was a short time in when some people were calling and told there were only royal rooms available on the promotion for their dates.

You should always be prepared to have to change resorts or room categories to get a free dining offer, especially if you wait to book too long after the offer is released.

This fall offer was notable for excluding several entire resorts (Art of Animation, Port Orleans French Quarter, All-Star Movies and the new Grand Floridian Villas).

Rack room rates.
Adults pay kids pricing for their tickets and the dining plan.
Value resorts QS @ kids prices
Mod's & above DDP for kids prices

Hi Vacation Junkie,

PP asked if you thought there was a chance the P/S/D discount would be available Jan 2, 2014...I have the same question...we will be checking in on Jan 2 for a long weekend trip after the kid's swim training camp in Cocoa Beach! :banana:

Hopefully with the end of the year promotions ending today we will start to see some type of 2014 promotions released in the near future. I hope so or I will probably cancel my reservations and go the DVC rental route.....

So with the stay, play, dine...My kids are 11 & 14. So would it be all four of us that get kids' pricing for tickets and dining?

I am the same wondering as my kids are 11 and 14 to would we all get kids pricing and does anyone know when that spd deal will come out

We just came back 2 weeks ago and had a bounce back offer for free dining for August and September of 2014.

Jumped on it immediately :cool1: :cool1:

What resort did you book for next year FD? was the BB offer for all of Aug and Sept.? thanks

its out via pin only.
Genera public offer will be bookable early October

Does anyone know what time frame will this be for? Like January thru March? April? May? We're the first week in May and I'm not sure if we'd be included in the Spring or Summer promotions (if any).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!