• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! Just called Chase and she said Nov9-Nov20 are included. I started crying just hearing that. Looks like I'm waking up super early tomorrow. Now we need to figure out where we are staying since POR is out.

Phones open at 7am Eastern time correct?

We should be able to just call in the morning as long as you have the Disney Visa..CM's should have the codes

Is it normal that the FD is given to Chase Disney Visa holders first?

We're headed to Disney next September and I'm wondering if I should just apply for the card now?

Is it normal that the FD is given to Chase Disney Visa holders first? We're headed to Disney next September and I'm wondering if I should just apply for the card now?

Disney Visa card holders usually, and I use that term lightly, get a couple days advanced booking.

Question, at CBR are the pirate rooms close to the food court and buses, and do you know how many rooms? Thank you.

No, unfortunately they are the farthest away (which is probably why they changed those a few years ago). We stayed there in 2012 and used our car to get to the food court every day since we drove to the parks (except Magic Kingdom). My DD was 8 at the time and absolutely loved the rooms and the pool. It's a great hotel and all of the extra touches in the pirate rooms were awesome!

I just called Disney Visa and spoke to Lauren,
Here is the information she gave me:

• FD dates confirmed. They are Aug 31-Oct 3, Oct 26-Nov 1, Nov 9-20 and Dec 12-23.
  • FD for Disney Visa card holders will be released tomorrow and on May 7 to the general public.
  • She said that Disney will have the code and the code is only good if you book with a Disney Visa.
  • To get FD, you must book a 6-night, 7 day package.
  • She said that they did not have details on resort exclusions but full details would be on the disney rewards website tomorrow.
  • She said that Disney will have the code and the code is only good if you book with a Disney Visa.
  • I asked her about a RO discount (since my son and daughter in law are only staying 5 days, they will have to go the RO route)
  • She said YES there is also a RO discount but the only dates included for now are 9/16 through 10/3

I hope this helps. :thumbsup2

I just called Disney Visa and spoke to Lauren, Here is the information she gave me: [*]FD dates confirmed. They are Aug 31-Oct 3, Oct 26-Nov 1, Nov 9-20 and Dec 12-23. [*]FD for Disney Visa card holders will be released tomorrow and on May 7 to the general public. [*]She said that Disney will have the code and the code is only good if you book with a Disney Visa. [*]To get FD, you must book a 6-night, 7 day package. [*]She said that they did not have details on resort exclusions but full details would be on the disney rewards website tomorrow. [*]She said that Disney will have the code and the code is only good if you book with a Disney Visa. [*]I asked her about a RO discount (since my son and daughter in law are only staying 5 days, they will have to go the RO route) [*]She said YES there is also a RO discount but the only dates included for now are 9/16 through 10/3 I hope this helps. :thumbsup2

Thank you!!! So I won't need a pin code, I would just tell them I have a Disney visa? Appreciate it!

I just called Disney Visa and spoke to Lauren,
Here is the information she gave me:

• FD dates confirmed. They are Aug 31-Oct 3, Oct 26-Nov 1, Nov 9-20 and Dec 12-23.
  • FD for Disney Visa card holders will be released tomorrow and on May 7 to the general public.
  • To get FD, you must book a 6-night, 7 day package.
  • She said that they did not have details on resort exclusions but full details would be on the disney rewards website tomorrow.
  • I asked her about a RO discount (since my son and daughter in law are only staying 5 days, they will have to go the RO route)
  • She said YES there is also a RO discount but the only dates included for now are 9/16 through 10/3

I hope this helps. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the update! Glad to know that Chase definitely confirms all of Joe's info! The only difference, is that Joe insists that it is only a 3 night minimum stay. The 6 night stay is only an example of what you can book. Joe said the wording is misleading, BUT it is still only a 3 night minimum. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the update! Glad to know that Chase definitely confirms all of Joe's info! The only difference, is that Joe insists that it is only a 3 night minimum stay. The 6 night stay is only an example of what you can book. Joe said the wording is misleading, BUT it is still only a 3 night minimum. :thumbsup2

ooooohhhhhh let me call and make them read it to me! They hate me already since i have called 4 times already. I will edit in a minute :thumbsup2

OK, i called and spoke to Karen. I specifically asked her "I had called earlier and I am confused about one thing I was told. Can you please verify the length of stay to be able to get FD"

She said: "let me read it for you. "Treat your family to a free dining plan when you buy a non-discounted 6 night /7 day Walt Disney room and ticket package"

Soooooo I pulled up my Disney rewards email from FD last year.................. It says "Treat your family to a free dining plan! When you buy a non-discounted 5 night /6 day Walt Disney room and ticket package, you'll get a dining plan free"

I also clarified with her the RO discount "Save up to 30% when you stay at a WDW Resort hotel most nights 8/16 through 10/3/2014." I would think the 30% deluxe, 20% Mod, 15% value.

I sure hope that is the case..I have always noticed that even when Disney stated that about the 6 nights that Dreams Unlimited Travel would always show that you could book for less than that and still get the free dining. I really do hope this is true!! In the past we have booked for less than 6 nights...
I can add another night and make 5, but no way I can do 6.:sad2:

I have lost hope, gotten hope, lost hope, gotten hope so many times....and all over a little free food! :rolleyes::upsidedow:thumbsup2

I have lost hope, gotten hope, lost hope, gotten hope so many times....and all over a little free food! :rolleyes::upsidedow:thumbsup2

And I'm probably not even going this year... we could... except DS has a potential school conflict (for an optional event, but something he wants to do) and DW wants to do something else this year.

Normally something else is fine... but I've about talked myself into Disney.

Well, it may become a Disney cruise :-)

The minimum nights stay will most likely be 3. They always say 5 or 6 nights in the promotion, but it typically is 3 nights and 2 days worth of tickets.

are we positive that POR is not part of the public code ? Im really bumming!

I soooooo hope and pray that the 6 day/7 night thing is wrong!
Not for me but for my son and his family. DH and I are going for 7 nights/8 days but they will only be 5 nights/6 days.

I know that in the past it has been 3 nights but when I looked at my disney rewards email from last year it said 5n/6 d and this one is 6n/5d???

Joe Black!!!! What are your thoughts???? I guess we will all know tomorrow.:thumbsup2

It is the usual 3 night 2 ticket minimum. Chase does not book these offers. They're giving completely inaccurate info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter