Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 3

black562

DIS Veteran
This thread has been so popular, we are now on part 3.

Free Dining for 2014 is here

The dates included are:
August 31 - October 3
October 26 - November 1
November 9 - November 20
December 12 - December 23

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included This can be upgraded to regular plan for $18.65 per person per day ($3.20 for children).

Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included

Some resorts are excluded, such as All Star Movies, Mermaid Rooms at Art of Animation, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness, and 3-bedroom villas, and Villas at The Grand Floridian.

A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

Let the discussion commence!!!

Our TA got it for us! We will be at Caribbean Beach. She said CSR was sold out completely for our dates (Nov. 9-17).

Hey all!

Some tense moments here, but (spoiler alert) it all came right in the end.

Up all night since yesterday, didn't want to risk sleeping and then not waking up in time. I'm in Seattle, so, 7:00 a.m. EST for us is 4:00 a.m. Opened the Greenwich Mean Time website to watch the clock tick down.

3:58, 3:59...

WDW-DINE answered immediately. Like, first ring. Spoke to a CM, very friendly, put on hold. 30 minutes later, call drops. Wait wut.

Back on hold. Back on the iPhone, now plugged into a backup battery just in case. Husband's iPhone here, too. How many Apple products can I keep in the air?

Ultimately, it's Skype that connects. One hour and forty-seven minutes later, the wonderful Donovan picks up. All is well, all is well. Of course, I keep worrying that, Skype being Skype, it's going to dump me any minute.

I halt all other internet activities in superstition.

Skype does not fail. Wireless headset does not fail. Credit card goes through.

Pop! Century Resort
QSDP --> Dining + DP
12/14 to 12/23

ありがとう、ディズニーワールド。ありがとう、ミッキー。ありがとう、Dis Boards!

I just wanted to express my thanks for all your help Black. Whether we get what we need or not it's your kindness giving us a heads up that gives us any chance at all. You are a wonderful person and I speak for all my family when I say a heartfelt THANKYOU SO MUCH, YOU ARE AWESOME.:dance3:

now u all have me looking at WL!!!

Love Wilderness Lodge. I booked it because I am traveling with some one that has a club foot and my first choice---Pop Century---is the furthest bus stop at all of the parks. Wilderness is one of the closest. Soooo, less walking, especially at the end of the day. The cost is nearly doubled but I will pay it so my friend can enjoy her trip.

2 and 1/2 hours into trying to call and not being able to get through at all is making me crazy and grouchy! :sad2:

If DH and I book a new reservation now without cancelling our existing reservation...what happens to the first $200 deposit?

a little tip! ;)
If anyone knows how to speak SPANISH...go through the phone # that's in Spanish. I called and spoke to a CM immediately! :cool1::thumbsup2

I have nervously been waiting to hear from my TA - she finally emailed me and said the phone was crazy busy and she wasn't able to get through to modify my current reservation so she was able to do me a new reservation at POP 11/11-11/15 with upgrade to DDP. Said she would call back later to cancel the original reservation when the phones died down... So glad she was able to take care of me....Now just have to wait to may my ADR's.....

I just wanted to express my thanks for all your help Black. Whether we get what we need or not it's your kindness giving us a heads up that gives us any chance at all. You are a wonderful person and I speak for all my family when I say a heartfelt THANKYOU SO MUCH, YOU ARE AWESOME.:dance3:

:thumbsup2::yes:::lovestruc:disrocks::thanks:

I totally agree! Thank you!! (oh and since I am STILL on hold, I decided to play with the Smilies!) :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!