>> FREE DINING 2011 WATCH - Read Post # 1 BEFORE Posting

I just spoke with a CM and they said if you have a deluxe booked with a 40% pin that is a better savings than FD. Unfortunatly mine is only a 30% discount and they said I have no pins attached right now. Even though a CM told me 4 days ago I did. :confused:

I re-checked my e-mail and we booked with a 35% off pin code, but I'm guessing since I just priced it out and it was more expensive without dining that 35% is still a better deal. What are your travel dates? I see we are both WL fans!

I just spoke with a CM and they said if you have a deluxe booked with a 40% pin that is a better savings than FD. Unfortunatly mine is only a 30% discount and they said I have no pins attached right now. Even though a CM told me 4 days ago I did. :confused:
I would call back...... I called and they told me yes, I said I would call them in 10 minutes after I spoke to my husbnd to book....I called again and they told me NO pin attached. I told the CM I had just called and they told me I did. SHe looked again and found it...imagine that.

I re-checked my e-mail and we booked with a 35% off pin code, but I'm guessing since I just priced it out and it was more expensive without dining that 35% is still a better deal. What are your travel dates? I see we are both WL fans!

At 35% you probably still have a better deal. I need to just be happy I have any discount at all, but my frustration comes from the different info given by the cm's. :confused3 We are traveling June 25 thru July 2. Love, love, love WL!! :cloud9: Have tried so hard to try a new resort but can't seem to make it happen, our hearts are with the Lodge.

I would call back...... I called and they told me yes, I said I would call them in 10 minutes after I spoke to my husbnd to book....I called again and they told me NO pin attached. I told the CM I had just called and they told me I did. SHe looked again and found it...imagine that.

That's why I get so frustrated!!! We wouldn't jam up their phone lines if they could give the same info twice!! :headache:

I called 5 times before I got a code, the one that found it took the time to look thru everything and tried 3 codes and 1 came up....:worship: so keep trying.:thumbsup2

I just called and the CM told me there are no new public/general offers that came out today. He told me there won't be anymore for "this time frame" (I'm going 9/24-10/1) but he stuttered and almost said "won't be anymore for this year" - I don't know if that was an accident or what.

I asked him about a pin code attached to my name and I didn't have any, although he said the one I did have expired yesterday which I already booked - it was 40% off any room but I'm staying at POR so the savings isn't real significant. I asked him about any pin codes attached to my BF's name since I am traveling with him and he wouldn't tell me and said he would need to call. Is that accurate??

Just booked the Boardwalk for 7/12-7/23 with free dining Pin. We had decided to stay at POFQ this year but according to the CM I spoke with the free dining for Mods was only QS and it was not much more to upgrade to the Deluxe with TS Free Dining.

Since we normally do APs I am still going to watch to see if a better AP rate comes out.

I am amazed I have finally gotten a PIN code - had one for the early summer, but we have to do July this year.

Just booked the Boardwalk for 7/12-7/23 with free dining Pin. We had decided to stay at POFQ this year but according to the CM I spoke with the free dining for Mods was only QS and it was not much more to upgrade to the Deluxe with TS Free Dining.

Since we normally do APs I am still going to watch to see if a better AP rate comes out.

I am amazed I have finally gotten a PIN code - had one for the early summer, but we have to do July this year.

Congratulations on getting the PIN code. Did you get an e-mail today? What are the dates. I didn't get an e-mail but I'm hoping my DH or DD does.

Congratulations on getting the PIN code. Did you get an e-mail today? What are the dates. I didn't get an e-mail but I'm hoping my DH or DD does.

Thanks - I did not get an email today. I had received a PIN code for the prior promotion - early summer, so when I called I mentioned that I had a PIN but I thought it had expired. She looked it up, and said that is okay - you have another one.

I really lucked out and got a great CM, she spent a lot of time looking at all the options.

Thanks - I did not get an email today. I had received a PIN code for the prior promotion - early summer, so when I called I mentioned that I had a PIN but I thought it had expired. She looked it up, and said that is okay - you have another one.

I really lucked out and got a great CM, she spent a lot of time looking at all the options.

Same here! Mine was the one that suggested she try and it worked.......:worship: She was great right from start to end......:thumbsup2

Just a reminder folks:

Sharing of non-public codes on these boards is NOT permitted per the DIS Posting Guidelines: http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

And the panic is unnecessary. There are likely to be public codes that match many of these offers in a short time.

Just a reminder folks:

Sharing of non-public codes on these boards is NOT permitted per the DIS Posting Guidelines: http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

And the panic is unnecessary. There are likely to be public codes that match many of these offers in a short time.
Not panicing!!! Just waiting.......:rolleyes1 I believe they will come out with it!

I wondered where you have been-----keeping up with General Hospital?:upsidedow

DH called this morning (because I MADE him based off this thread lol). He was told that we did have a FQSD PIN but it was the July - Aug one. We need September. The CM told him to keep watching the website because a broad offer would be coming. He also said that the current promotion ends this month and new one always starts when the current one ends. I checked Disney's website and the current "up to 40% off room" promo ends March 27 so maybe our new date to hope for is between March 28 and April 1! Isn't April when public FD is usually announced anyway?

DH called this morning (because I MADE him based off this thread lol). He was told that we did have a FQSD PIN but it was the July - Aug one. We need September. The CM told him to keep watching the website because a broad offer would be coming. He also said that the current promotion ends this month and new one always starts when the current one ends. I checked Disney's website and the current "up to 40% off room" promo ends March 27 so maybe our new date to hope for is between March 28 and April 1! Isn't April when public FD is usually announced anyway?

Yes I think April is when it comes out. I need September too and the CM I spoke to this morning told me there "won't be anymore offers for that time frame this year". The misinformation between CM's is beyond irritating. Even things like pin codes - some people speak to one CM who says they don't have any and they call again later and that CM magically finds one. Why are all the CM's not on the same page!

Not panicing!!! Just waiting.......:rolleyes1 I believe they will come out with it!

I wondered where you have been-----keeping up with General Hospital?:upsidedow

I have been. That Franco.. he's very hot right now.. he's on everything. :)

I didnt see anyone posting non public codes....:confused3

The offending posts were removed. But they were here.

And a general comment.... re: for calling the Reservations Center..

It's unfortunate.. but as nice as those CM's on the phone are.. they will say *ANYTHING* to get you to book today.

The fact is -- that is all they care about.. I'm not kidding. Can they get you to say "yes" to booking today.

Not all of them, but a good sized chunk will spin whatever story they think you'll buy to get you do exactly that. Why?

Because it gets them closer to their assigned quotas for the shift/day/week/month.

That's the reality. "If I tell you that you can apply a discount later, will you book today?" --

The last place I heard some statement like that I was at Metro Ford in Hollywood trying to buy a Mustang.

If you think about that CM on the phone more like a used car salesman and less like someone who has your interests top of mind, you'll be far better off in the long run.

I agree about the cm's saying anything to get you to book. I called yesterday to see if I had a code and I had him price out my family staying at Port Orleans Riverside with plus dining and he gave me a number that was well over $4000 and tried to pressure me to book. I did not because I knew that he had upcharged me on everything because I had priced it online and got $3000. There was a huge difference. I feel bad for the people who don't know or understand because they are paying full price.

What I am getting from all this talk about pins is that the only way I may get free dining in September is if they send me a pin. It looks like it is not going public...Is that what everyone else is thinking?

I actually just off the phone with a CM would discouraged
me from changing my "resort only" reservation. :confused3

I wanted to just add tickets and told him I was hoping for
some kind of discount or free dining. He told me to wait
and not add anything and watch the website, email,
promotions and mail and than call back and change my
reservation and add tickets than with my free dining.
That is how he said it. :wizard:

So I guess he knows that I will somehow get free dining
soon!!

I did ask if any pins associated with my name or household
he said a room discount that is blacked out for my dates.
So I guess I will just wait it out for a while longer and
hope I get something :worship:

Despite all the very public comments from Iger and others that discounts will be lessened in 2011... the reality on the ground is that the economy ain't there yet.

I will plant my flag in this mountain and guess that PUBLIC F/D will be made available in 2011 for fall dates not terribly different from previous years and that this announce will be made by April 15th.

I don't have any inside information this year - just a feeling that we're going to see the exact repeat of previous years.. Call it a feeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter