FREE At POP**Nemo Fridge,Toaster & Coffeepot Swap**Old Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If one of the moderators can set us up in the list of fridge swaps and let me know if we need to do anything specific. Then we will get started and establish the rules and costs for initial users. I will start a new thread so all the information is in the beginning of the thread with confirmed swappers, photo of the fridge, etc. Give me a day or two to get everything set up and then we can post the list.

Please post to the thread your dates, we are organizing this week and would love to get all the weeks filled. I will try to get all of the dates/people posted by tomorrow. If you have asked for a specific date in the thread, please PM me so I can confirm.

thanks.

THE OFFICIAL LIST HAS MOVED TO OUR NEW THREAD http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36760551#post36760551

:fish:
We will be continuing the swap as long as the fridge keeps working.

Please check the dates below to see if your dates are available before posting or sending PM to me.

Current Swapper: :fish:
Up Next: :yay:

May 19th-May 26th Tammyroo CONFIRMED :fish:
May 28th-June 7th Kencrane CONFIRMED :yay:
June 7th-June 12th NOW OPEN
June 12th-June 22nd Mel2421 CONFIRMED
June 22nd-June 29th deadhedjen CONFIRMED
June 29th-July 5th iluvdizknee CONFIRMED
July 5th-July 15th matusel3 CONFIRMED
July 15th-July 20th Belle1997 CONFIRMED
July 20th-July 28th xoktenox CONFIRMED
July 30th-Aug 8th 4disneyfreakazoids CONFIRMED
Aug 8th-Aug 13th suebedo CONFIRMED
Aug 15th-Aug 22nd jcanary CONFIRMED
Aug 22nd-Aug 28th 4everluvDisney CONFIRMED
Aug 29th-Sept 2nd kcorley
Sept 3rd-Sept 11th Carkey CONFIRMED
Sept 11th-Sept 18th Figment Finder CONFIRMED
Sept 19th-Sept 26th serene56 CONFIRMED
Sept 27th-Oct 3rd trtl6941 CONFIRMED
Oct 3rd-Oct 9th nikki&petey CONFIRMED
Oct 9th-Oct 18th tlh0726 CONFIRMED
Oct 18th-Oct 26th Mickey's biggest fan CONFIRMED
Oct 26th-Oct 30th OPEN
Oct 30th-Nov 7th sharig5576 CONFIRMED
Nov 7th-Nov 10thOPEN
Nov 10th-Nov 17th disneygrammy1 CONFIRMED
Nov 17th-Nov 27th OPEN
Nov 27th-Dec 5th love__goofy CONFIRMED
Dec 5th-Dec 10th eagles1281CONFIRMED
Dec 11th-Dec 19th dshouse4 CONFIRMED
Dec 19th-Dec 31st OPEN

Jan 1st-Jan 9th OPEN
Jan 9th-Jan 16th Soon2B4 CONFIRMED

Completed Swaps

Deanna4041 , Stines,Kra623 , itsmebabygi ,rmeyers ,nifferdo, mla1977, jjms97 ,deadhedjen,Misled3 ,leagirl12 juliak+3, ijlmcooper ,Butterfly8, finnishwife, Maverick Mike, hrdeanne, silvermist, Mocharilla, dydo2424, pha1226, Corbin3, figmentfinder, momandkidslovedisney, MyBabeSuz, Stan's MaggieMouse, Kathykelly, Sandy321, Ariel3, misha, BudBeerLady, dreamindisney, Disneygal358, JanLoz , chxray4, skhermsmeyer, Tinkerbell63, Carrie R , princess Jackie, Cibahwewah, Robincorn, kami2199 , AUTIGER86 , Mousiemom, Marylandmom , TULIPS1726, scimom. Soupermom, Carolinamomof3boys, Cinderwannabe, merrywheather, Rachael Q , Couturier , ekatiel, southernbelle5672 , englishrose47 , Coffeedog, revmom, TinkAsh2001 , Michelle_and_Aaron , sgrossy , ladybugsister, costumesaremylife, ambroz4disney, Finally - A Vacation, Bruner1978 , Mickeyfan1226, teacher2525 , dbmarie , 4forthemouse,chrissylou , disneymiss, devonsmommy, bratmomma , TIGGER'SFRIEND, DisneyStiles , princesswendy720 , gail8, Madmumof2, bevcgg, bobbiejell , tink42boys, 3darlings, kjdaniel66, mickeytattoo95, dapoteete, catexer, Cruiser1969, Jking6 , Memom, ana_carol, partyfromsaturn, Anelise , bsjs0708 ,auntread, jenbear123, PigletsMommy, Bubba , ludwig von drake, momto2cuties, Bronte. mana_liz , vdisneychick , jenbear123 , champagnegirl26, Laffrenier Family

This is a fridge swap for POP century, it started April 28, 2008 for a 2.3cu ft fridge/freezer, 10 cup coffee pot & cups and NOW a 2 slice toaster. Below are photo of the fridge & decorated box:

fridgeupdated.jpg

SDC11057.jpg

SDC11058.jpg

newbox-1.jpg
**** 2/21- NEW BOX **** Please note I added the mask to cover my home phone.

And coffeepot
coffeepot-1.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4764744
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9604635

Just a note to all swappers:

When you have completed your swap or delivered fridge to LS, PLEASE send me a text or call me to let me know. I know everyone is excited to be at WDW and get moving to the parks BUT please take a minute and text me. I will PM my cell phone number to each swapper before you leave. Thanks so much.

NEW!!! Recently LS has had problems finding Nemo if swappers ask for it under their name, if this is the case, just ask them to look for the box with flower stickers on it or for the Nemo fridge swap box. Or the fridge is NOT under your name, please ask for it under MY name which I will PM to you prior to your trip. The last few swappers could not find it in LS under their name but magically it was under MINE since my name is on the outside of the box in case NEMO gets lost. thanks PLEASE be sure to complete the label with next swappers info that are included in the box if leaving fridge in LS. Thanks.

WHY A FRIDGE SWAP?
Currently, Disney charges $12 a night + tax to "rent" their fridge which is smaller then ours and we also have a coffeepot. A fridge swap is a way to save money. The first 15 swappers to be confirmed for the swap will be asked to pay $10.75 each to cover the costs for the items and shipping to POP (if paying with Paypal $11.50 to cover their fees). Once it is paid for, it will be free to others who join instead of having to pay the $15/day that POP charges for the smaller version. We have paid for it, now it is free to all additional swappers, thanks everyone who made this possible.

HOW DO I JOIN THE SWAP?
First-see if your dates are available.Then PM me (janloz) if you're interested. Please have in the title “Nemo found our Pop Fridge” and your dates. I'll be happy to add you if your dates are available in our swap. Then you can "confirm" you are in by giving me your full name (name on reservation), , phone # (preferably your cell # you'll use while at WDW-should we need to contact you to arrange a swap), and your e-mail address.

Here are the updated swap guidelines:

1. Once your dates are confirmed, please contact the swapper before and after you to get full name on reservation, arrival/departure dates, contact phone while at WDW

2. If possible, do a personal handoff.

3 a. If not possible, use the labels that are with the fridge to label the box & fridge with the next swapper's info from above except contact phone. (The labels were provided so they would look the same and LS would then get to know our swap labels and what they look like so if lost, could be easily identified. Plus they look darn cute with Nemo on them.)

b. Please be sure to defrost the fridge prior to sending to LS especially while box is still intact. Please completely de-frost the fridge and wipe it dry if you will be bringing it to luggage services. To defrost, unplug the fridge, put a towel in it and under it (don’t get the carpet wet!) and leave the door slightly open. It should defrost overnight easily.

c. Secure the fridge closed with coffee pot & cups, labels, cleaning stuff inside.

d. Either arrange for LS to bring fridge to storage or get luggage cart and bring it yourself. PLEASE tip LS for this service even if you bring it down. They will have to move it several times while in storage and if they know we will tipped, they might be more willing to help us if lost.

4. PLEASE take a look at the pics of the fridge BEFORE you leave, they were updated recently including the new box. Apparently recent swappers never did and we ended up with the WRONG fridge. IF LS tries to give you a fridge that is not NEMO with flower stickers on the box, DO NOT accept it.

5. When you receive the fridge either through personal hand off or from LS, please text Janet and advise so she knows everything went ok.

6. Please keep the fridge/coffeepot/cups clean. The swap started with handi wipes and dish soap to wash them, please replace when necessary. Please wipe down the inside and outside with disinfectant wipes.

7. If the coffee filters are getting low, please advise so next swapper knows to bring/send some. It takes basket type.

8. If you are dropping out of swap, please give me at least 2 weeks notice if possible so we can advise other swappers.

9. And last but not least, if you have any problems with the fridge or swap, PLEASE don't hesitate to contact me. I will do everything possible to work things out.

thanks to all who swap and follow the guidelines to keep it going.

WHAT ARE MY RESPONSABILITIES AS A SWAPPER?
You are responsible for arranging times, with the swapper before you and the swapper after you, to complete the "swap". Things will run a lot smoother if we do the swap in person from DISer to DISer. The less it goes behind the desk at Pop the better. IF you must leave it at luggage services at Pop you must place a note on the fridge box that contains the full name of the next swapper, check in date. That way there is less chance of it getting lost by staff. The fridge box must be kept in good condition-that leads to a longer swap when it goes in and out of luggage services. Store the box somewhere where it will not be mistaken for trash by mousekeeping.

ANYTHING ELSE?
All swappers rely on the honesty of the other swappers when doing this. Please let us know as soon as possible should your plans change and you are unable to participate. Remember… this is to help YOU and others save money while at Disney. Make sure you are courteous and respectful of other swappers by keeping things running smoothly and keeping the fridge clean!

In reading other threads, we want to keep this out of storage as much as possible to avoid losing it.

I posted earlier. I'm interested in the swap. Can I see if I can work out something with moopdog? I'll be @ POP from 9/6 - 9/14.

Sorry, mocharilla, typo when converting list. It is now correct.

I posted earlier. I'm interested in the swap. Can I see if I can work out something with moopdog? I'll be @ POP from 9/6 - 9/14.

If you can work out something with moopdog, you can have it.

If you can work out something with moopdog, you can have it.

kk

I PMed them seeing what we can work out.

I'm hoping to get a fridge swap secured before free dining is announced. It worked out great for me last year to participate in one. :goodvibes

Could I book in for the last days of my trip? I'll be at POP August 12th-19th, so Mocharilla and I could do a personal hand off depending on her departure time on the 15th (or late on the 14th). That would give me 4 days of the vacation with nice cold water!:thumbsup2

Could I book in for the last days of my trip? I'll be at POP August 12th-19th, so Mocharilla and I could do a personal hand off depending on her departure time on the 15th (or late on the 14th). That would give me 4 days of the vacation with nice cold water!:thumbsup2

Sorry Mom-x-5 but dydo2424 has 8/15-20 already confirmed.

Ahhhh. I see where you've edited the list now, to include the dates for dydo2424. I guess that I should have said I wanted them with my first post on the first page. Late again....Just call me the white rabbit. :flower3:

We are moving forward with purchasing the fridge and coffeemaker for only $10.75/swapper, we only need 4 more swappers to join to cover costs. Please advise your dates if interested.

Bump...
openings for POP Frig...

May 17th- June 8th

June12th- July 1st

August 20th-Sept 10th

Is it possible to start the swap a week earlier?

We will be there from 4/28 to 5/3. Will gladly pass of on 5/2 for the person already confirmed on 5/2/!

Thanks!!

I'LL TAKE SEPTEMBER 24 - OCTOBER 3 (yes, I'm shouting! :teeth:)

Kaytieddldr,

You got it, please PM me with your name, date, contact number while at WDW.

Is it possible to start the swap a week earlier?

We will be there from 4/28 to 5/3. Will gladly pass of on 5/2 for the person already confirmed on 5/2/!

Thanks!!

You got it, also. I replied to your PM.

Please post to thread and PM me with the dates you are requesting since I have been getting several requests for the same dates and this will hopefully eliminate the duplicate requests.

thanks

kk

I PMed them seeing what we can work out.

I'm hoping to get a fridge swap secured before free dining is announced. It worked out great for me last year to participate in one. :goodvibes

Nienor,

I will put you in for the full time and we can adjust if moopdog gets back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter