Fred and Wilma - The Keys to The World - A pre-trip report

Wow Joh, what can I say?
This looks like an amazing trip :)
Love the photo of you all on the Magic
Can't believe you are going to dinner with Karin & Tom as well, can I just pop over for a quick drink!!

Sounds good. Still find it funny that yet again you are travelling back when we go:rotfl2: so one day we might meet in floriday:thumbsup2

Maybe finally we will - what dates are you going in 2013 :rotfl2:

Your trip sounds absolutely amazing! Can't wait to read more :)

It's always the most sweet angelic looking ones who have the inner Stitch in them ;)

You're not wrong Eloise - you should see Gary when he gets going ;)

Yay, looking forward to this one. I'll hoping for lots of tips too.:goodvibes

Can't blame me for this one, it's all your own work.

But I've been thinking...............;)

You are so naughty Mr B. I will be sure to write up my trip report extra quick so you can get all the ideas you need.

Sounds like a great trip Joh.:goodvibes

Wouldn't worry about hitting 40, I'd be quite happy to be that age again :thumbsup2

Thanks Lesley but I am very worried about it. I know it is inevitable but it doesn't make it any easier. Still, I have a little while to go yet.

Wow Joh, what can I say?
This looks like an amazing trip :)
Love the photo of you all on the Magic
Can't believe you are going to dinner with Karin & Tom as well, can I just pop over for a quick drink!!

Feel free to pop over Linda - it's a long way to go for just a drink though, you may have to stay for longer :)

Really looking forward to reading your PTR, i've loved reading your other reports. sounds like you've got an amazing trip planned. i turned 40 in WDW last year, we ate at CRT in the morning and spent the day in Magic Kingdom and the night at Epcot to watch Illuminations. it was a wonderful way to turn 40, i'll be 41 this week but i think the Disney magic worked and i don't feel any older at all!!!

Looks like a fantastic trip you've got planned there, we miss you by a day or two at Royal Pacific and then again at the Beach Club! :hyper:

I'm looking at a similar trip next year for my 40th birthday, so will be interested to see your experiences! :thumbsup2

It all sounds good to me, sometimes we forget that there is much more to Florida than the delights of Orlando, good for you to get about and see more :thumbsup2

All sounds fab Joh. Fingers crossed Daniel behaves at least a little better.

Looks like an amazing trip! :goodvibes

We are hoping it will be. Thanks for reading along :)

Really looking forward to reading your PTR, i've loved reading your other reports. sounds like you've got an amazing trip planned. i turned 40 in WDW last year, we ate at CRT in the morning and spent the day in Magic Kingdom and the night at Epcot to watch Illuminations. it was a wonderful way to turn 40, i'll be 41 this week but i think the Disney magic worked and i don't feel any older at all!!!

I think I would love to spend my 40th at WDW. Unfortunately, though, my husband has other ideas and is threatening to take me ski-ing :scared1:

Sounds like an amazing trip Joh! ::yes::

Thanks Lauren, I'm really looking forward to it.

Looks like a fantastic trip you've got planned there, we miss you by a day or two at Royal Pacific and then again at the Beach Club! :hyper:

I'm looking at a similar trip next year for my 40th birthday, so will be interested to see your experiences! :thumbsup2

Shame we won't be at the same place at the same time. Do say 'hi' if you happen to see us around the parks though, won't you :)

When we were in the early stages of planning this trip, I wasn't able to find many trip reports covering the keys and the rest of Florida so I'm hoping I will be able to pass along some tips to anyone planning similar holidays :goodvibes

Your trip sounds wonderful. :goodvibes

Thanks Elaine, it is getting closer now and I'm so excited.

It all sounds good to me, sometimes we forget that there is much more to Florida than the delights of Orlando, good for you to get about and see more :thumbsup2

Absolutely Andrea. One thing that really surprised me is how long it's going to take us to drive from the Keys up to Bradenton. I was thinking it would be 3 or 4 hours but, in reality, it is likely to take most of the day. We forget how huge a place Florida is and there is so much more than just Orlando.

All sounds fab Joh. Fingers crossed Daniel behaves at least a little better.

Thanks Jodie. I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully, without having to keep to a 'set-in-stone' itinerary and without an audience to play up to, he might be better. I am planning to take him to the Doctor before our trip to try and get something for his heat rash, if it flares up again, which might mean he sleeps a bit better this time too.

Have a fab time :)

Your plans remind me very much of the trips we used to do before we had DD.

We keep saying when she is older we will venture further afield in Florida again. Will watch with interest how your son likes all the different places.

What a glorious 3 week holiday itinerary! Sounds like a wonderful plan! My DH would love to go to the Keys and do some fishing. I'll have to follow along and see if our paths connect while we are at WDW at the same time. :thumbsup2

Have a fab time :)

Your plans remind me very much of the trips we used to do before we had DD.

We keep saying when she is older we will venture further afield in Florida again. Will watch with interest how your son likes all the different places.

This is the kind of trip we said we would have once DS was grown up and left home - but we couldn't wait any longer, we are so desperate to see the Keys ;)

What a glorious 3 week holiday itinerary! Sounds like a wonderful plan! My DH would love to go to the Keys and do some fishing. I'll have to follow along and see if our paths connect while we are at WDW at the same time. :thumbsup2

Hey there Brenda, thanks for popping in. Is it your whole family travelling in August or just you and Em?

Ha-ha loving the way you got this trip in the bag Joh!

I wanted to add that I love the way you are doing this trip, the Keys, West Coast etc...and I'm going to look forward to the recaps.

Eeeeeeee!

Ha-ha loving the way you got this trip in the bag Joh!

I wanted to add that I love the way you are doing this trip, the Keys, West Coast etc...and I'm going to look forward to the recaps.

Eeeeeeee!

Thanks Sam, can't believe how close it is getting and I don't feel as organised as I should.

I am hoping to post a small update this evening so stay tuned....

He most dreads the words ‘I’ve been thinking’, which usually precede me begging him to agree to take another trip to Orlando.

Isn't that the truth! My DH is the same way. They really need to just realize from the start that it's going to happen and not put up a fight!! :lmao:

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

Hi Joh! Just popping over from the dining review board to read about your upcoming trip. I was delighted to see that you will be staying at Hawk's Cay on Duck Key. My fiance's parents live on Duck Key!! The last time we went to visit them rode our bikes over to Hawk's Cay quite a few times and Eilee also did one of their dolphin adventures. It really is a "small world"! ;)

You should also plan to stop at Robbie's at mile marker 77.5 to feed the tarpon if you haven't done that before. It's crazy, you won't believe how many fish there are! Vince ended up doing most of the actually feeding while Eilee and I watched. ;)

It looks like a very fun trip that you have planned. You'll be leaving in no time! We'll make sure to keep an eye out for you at WDW while we are there at the same time!

Sounds like an amazing trip! :banana: Not long to go now :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter