FREAP CHAT ~ Everyone Welcome!

HA!:laughing: Good for you-

I am long overdue for a tag- where the heck is that little creature hiding?? I am almost 10,000 tags old!:scared1:

UGH! Listen to this crap!

I went to pick up my CT films at the hospital from when I was in the ER- they did the CT scan of my pelvis b/c they thought it could be possible stones- since I have a history- anywho- no pics of my spine!:sad2: BUT! Good thing I took it upon myself to read my report- b/c the report states- Possible Left side ovarian cyst! HELLO! Was ANYONE going to tell me this!?

I wonder how long I have had it?- I guess my Gyn would have felt it last year during my exam. Who knows. So- on the phone I get with my GYN office and make an appt for Wednesday morning- it is time for my annual exam anyway- but I am just pissed b/c I KNOW the hospital sent this report to my Primary- so instead of some little twit working there popping it into my file- you think, the dx would have been a red flag for someone to give it to the doc to look at and have someone call me to advise me of this.:mad:

THIS is why I take my health into my own hands. You can't count on anyone to look out for you but yourself! I make all the decisions where to go and who to see. I am also going to ask my Gyn if the "possible" cyst (or my fibroids- which I had plenty of too!...but I already knew that) could also factor into my back pain. blah!:guilty: I do not feel like going though more tests.

It sucks getting old. :sad1: I am maaaaad.

Not madd!
mad_hatter.gif
You dope-
thd44a2549.gif
...MAD!
angry.gif

:rotfl2: sorry- my mind is working overtime right now. I need to express myself:rolleyes1

If we keep this up we are going to have to open up our own hosiptal ward.
Can you see it now. We can name it the freaps ward:rotfl2:

So, how many body parts can FREAPS part with and still survive!? :rotfl2:

TinkerBean, congrats on your Tag! I love Tag frenzy!! :thumbsup2

Madd, I am so sorry to hear about the possible cyst. I would be curious as to what your GYN says at your physical...if that isn't getting too personal. I had everything removed years ago and they found that one ovary was full of cysts....explaining the problems I was having at the time. Now, I just need to find a doctor that will get me off these hormone replacement therapy pills. :rolleyes:

The surgery went very well this morning...thank goodness. It was much better than I could have hoped for. He has asked that I stay off my feet for the next 7 days. He said the knee itself will be fine but there will be tissue swelling if I spend too much time on my feet in the next 7 days.

I was out after they gave me something to relax me and I woke up very well. What a relief! I am having some discomfort but it is actually around the knee, not the knee itself. Whatever pain I am having is much less than I had before the surgery. I am thinking there is just alot of imflammation in there.

The worst part was when the nurse tried to put the IV in. I have tiny veins and she poked me 3 times on the left arm trying to get an IV in and then had to move to the right arm. Ouch.

Anyway, I am pleasantly surprised at how well I am feeling. I have walked a little bit on my leg and it does not hurt at all....but I won't be doing too much more of that. I have Lortab, but I think I will wait and take it before I go to bed tonight.

I am going to go take a nap and revel in the 'luxury' of having DH wait on me hand and knee/foot! :lmao:

I hope every one is feeling better today and we are all on our way to having things resolved, even if not as quickly as we would like. :flower3:

Madd, I am so sorry to hear about the possible cyst. I would be curious as to what your GYN says at your physical...if that isn't getting too personal. I had everything removed years ago and they found that one ovary was full of cysts....explaining the problems I was having at the time. Now, I just need to find a doctor that will get me off these hormone replacement therapy pills. :rolleyes:

The surgery went very well this morning...thank goodness. It was much better than I could have hoped for. He has asked that I stay off my feet for the next 7 days. He said the knee itself will be fine but there will be tissue swelling if I spend too much time on my feet in the next 7 days.

I was out after they gave me something to relax me and I woke up very well. What a relief! I am having some discomfort but it is actually around the knee, not the knee itself. Whatever pain I am having is much less than I had before the surgery. I am thinking there is just alot of imflammation in there.

The worst part was when the nurse tried to put the IV in. I have tiny veins and she poked me 3 times on the left arm try to get an IV in and then had to move to the right arm. Ouch.

Anyway, I am pleasantly surprised at how well I am feeling. I have walked a little bit on my leg and it does not hurt at all....but I won't be doing too much more of that. I have Lortab, but I think I will wait and take it before I go to bed tonight.

I am going to go take a nap and revel in the 'luxury' of having DH wait on me hand and knee/foot! :lmao:

I hope every one is feeling better today and we are all on our way to having things resolved, even if not as quickly as we would like. :flower3:

:cheer2: So glad that every thing went well..and that you are pleased. Sorry about the nurse digging in your arm for veins. That same exact thing happened to me when I had DS9, finally they called in the nurse aenesthitst..(sp) and she moved to the other arm and gave me a shot of Lidacaine. I have always asked for that since then.

Hope your DH and sons are ready to wait on you hand and foot..you deserve it! Take care!

I'm not mad, I just snatched two new smilies...

But seriously...how smart are you to read your own CAT scan! Good for you..so you are thinking this is contributing to your pain? What would they do for a cyst? Nosey, nosey,nosey....that's me.

I just read the report. I work for an MRI facility so I am used to seeing them. But you too can read a report if you had to- I am sure of it!:yay:

I am not sure if cysts can cause that kind of pain- It is probably coincidence- but I just want to ask to be sure.

A friend of mine had an ovarian cyst (she did not know it until they were removing her uterus and saw it- and decided to take her ovary also) but she said she used to have pain down her leg but never knew why- she said to this day- she was never sure if that was the cause- but it has not happened since.

She keeps telling me how great she feels after having her parts removed- I said, dude, even though I never want kids- I still like all of my parts that belong to me. Just b/c I am not using them, does not mean I do not WANT them. They took my appendix and my wisdom teeth, now go away.

I am not sure what they do for them- I know some of them burst on their own. I do not think they are serious. ...............But with the herniated discs, fibroids and now this- I just do not want all this weird stuff in my body!:lmao:

You all are always full of great addvice and ideas. My DD10 wants a paris fashion birthday party and room make over and idea how to do this cheaply and did I miss any good freebies that would go with this? I sure do hope all of you are recovering nicely. I send lots of :grouphug: and well wishes to you all.

Thanks for any help

Theresa :hug: :lovestruc

Hi Theresa, I keep seeing this post go unanswered...I just wanted to let you know that I am not ignoring you, I don't think anyone is...This princess stuff is way out of my league, so I can't help you with it..I guess this is why God gave me boys...;)

The surgery went very well this morning...thank goodness. It was much better than I could have hoped for.

SO glad everything went OK!:hug:

You make sure you rest up- Isn't that great when you can spend 7 "GUILT FREE" days on the sofa!

Just be sure you have your laptop right next to you to get you by!

The only bad part about lying on the sofa for that long- you will realize that you pay way too much for cable b/c there is NOTHING on the 500 channels that you pay for!:lmao:

I watched the strangest but very interesting movie yesterday while lying MY butt on the sofa.

It was on Encore ON DEMAND and I have never heard of it before- it was called The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio - hmmm?- I saw that Julianne Moore and Woody Harrelson were in it and love them both- so I thought I would give it a try. It was a true story- Here is the summary from IMDB b/c I am the worst at explaining things http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0406158/plotsummary

The story was based on a book written by one of the woman's daughters.

If you have ON DEMAND- check it out.

Feel better! Take your pills now so they kick in soon!:wizard:

Hi Freaps! Happy Monday - hope everyone is enjoying Presidents Day (if your off). It wasn't a holiday for me today but I had to call in sick with the stomach flu:sick: I just want to wish everyone lots of health pixie dust:wizard:

I hope we all start feeling better soon:hug:

The worst part was when the nurse tried to put the IV in. I have tiny veins and she poked me 3 times on the left arm trying to get an IV in and then had to move to the right arm. Ouch.

I am glad everything went ok. I am sorry that they had a hard time getting the IV in. I have those veins that just pop out for needles. They have taken so much blood from me lately that they are used to it:lmao:
Get all the rest that you can. Have DH wait on for the next 7 days.

hey hrh- just needed to mention this....

your siggy is verrrrry GREEEEEN!:yay:

we are kinda Irish..I'm a little, DH is 1/4, DS9 was born on March 17...(I made my 1/2 Irish DMIL VERY happy on that day..:) )
I keep finding/getting all these little Irish guys...except that spinning elf. I don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings, but that little bugger creeps me out!

I don't know why this reminded me, but did anyone ever see the movie "Leprechaun". It had Jennifer Aniston in it before "Friends", it was a TERRIBLE movie..but one thing I learned...there was a part where Jen was running from the house to get to the car..the kids had the Leprechauns' gold and he wanted it back. So he is outside, Jen knows it, and she is trying to get to the car...when he appears, she starts throwing SHOES at him!! She has brought out everyone's shoes and throwing them is the way she can keep him at bay because Leprechauns are AFRAID of SHOES!!!!

I almost peed my pants when that happened. I must have missed that wee bit of Irish folklure...:rotfl: (pun was totally unintentional...!)

Glad everyone is on a semi road to recovery. I hope that by the time the snow melts and the spring arrives that everyone will be well enough to enjoy it!

Hi Theresa, I keep seeing this post go unanswered...I just wanted to let you know that I am not ignoring you, I don't think anyone is...This princess stuff is way out of my league, so I can't help you with it..I guess this is why God gave me boys...;)

No worries. The medical stuff is way more important. I lnow how scary it can be. I just hope you all get some good news and health soon. Thanks for taking notice. Boys seem easier when it comes to parties.

Theresa :cutie:

Aclov, I think we have all had what you have now....maybe you caught it from hanging around with us here. :rolleyes1 We know it is not fun and all you can do is just rest and let it run its course.

Thanks for all of the well wishes, guys. I am holding out hope that everyone will have a positive outcome as we all face our physical trials. :hug:

I read the description of the movie, Madd. We don't have cable but I wonder if this is out on dvd to rent? I'll have DH check the next time he goes to rent a movie. I bought the X-Files full series dvd set and DH and I have been watching those shows the last 2 weekends that I have been laying around waiting for today.

NATALIEBELLESmom, I also have boys....teenagers. Sorry, I won't be any help either. Maybe I could help with suggestions on a different topic down the road. :wizard:

So, is the Tag Fairy hanging around on the Tag Fairy thread....or just bouncing around the Budget Board?

Okay I am going head to bed. I am going to try to go back to work in the Am. I plan on just sitting there with my ice pack on to make my B&&bcicle and not do much. I am going to have John drive me so If I need to I can take a pain pill during the day.:cool1: I know they have a pool if I will make it all day going on. I am going to tell my boss if he splits it with me I will leave at a time for him to win. :rotfl2:
Hopefully I will be out by lunch. I just need to get things set up for the end of month programs and we have people here from our plants in Japan and maylissa that I need to spend sometime with.

No worries. The medical stuff is way more important. I lnow how scary it can be. I just hope you all get some good news and health soon. Thanks for taking notice. Boys seem easier when it comes to parties.

Theresa :cutie:

Hi Theresa,

Lemme think...How many kids? All girls? How about a Parisian "High Tea"? I think that they have little white gloves at the target $1 spot (they had hats last years too - but I haven't noticed if they have them this year).

As part of their craft time - have them decorate their hats with silk flowers (with an adult/teenager handling the glue gun) - some flowers are on mega sale right now at ACMoore and Michaels - Save the small "buds" to embellish the gloves.

When they are all decked out in their hats and gloves, you can serve them their "High Tea". Here in New England we have "The Christmas Tree Shop" and 2 years ago (I still haven't had this party for my own dd) I bought some cheap tea cups with the matching tea pots and lunch plates, cake plates ect.
But you can problaly find some cheap/cute tea cup at the dollars store or even the thrift shop (those are awesome)

Make sandwhiches with coloured cream cheese. If you get unsliced bread. You can slice it lenght wise very thinly. spread a thin layer of (insert favourite spread here - chicken salad, cream cheese, egg salad) place gerkin pickles along the one side and roll until you have a log. Cover with damp paper towels and saran wrap and refridgerate until ready to use. This allows them to set up a little and will be easier to slice. When you slice them they come out in a spiral. (very budget to make).

For cake, make cupcakes and individualize each one somehow and "Display" them on cake plates. You can add some drama to the table by placing boxes, or rubbermaid containers under the tablecloth to give things "height"

Use some left over wire ribbon to make bow for the napkin rings.

At some point you can have them make up with a little lipstick and eyeshadow and each can "model" their hats and gloves down at "runway" (some paper or even coloured masking tape on the floor with and few plants to define the space) You can take some digital pics of each one as she gets to the end of the "runway". (Print these out to mail along with the thank you notes - it make a great keepsake)

The party favours are the Hats, gloves and each girl can take home her own "tea cup"

Don't forget sugar cubes - for some reason they are always a HUGE hit with the lukewarm chamomile tea at my house...

Hope this helps and isn't too disjointed or confusing:goodvibes

Hi Theresa,

Lemme think...How many kids? All girls? How about a Parisian "High Tea"? I think that they have little white gloves at the target $1 spot (they had hats last years too - but I haven't noticed if they have them this year).

As part of their craft time - have them decorate their hats with silk flowers (with an adult/teenager handling the glue gun) - some flowers are on mega sale right now at ACMoore and Michaels - Save the small "buds" to embellish the gloves.

When they are all decked out in their hats and gloves, you can serve them their "High Tea". Here in New England we have "The Christmas Tree Shop" and 2 years ago (I still haven't had this party for my own dd) I bought some cheap tea cups with the matching tea pots and lunch plates, cake plates ect.
But you can problaly find some cheap/cute tea cup at the dollars store or even the thrift shop (those are awesome)

Make sandwhiches with coloured cream cheese. If you get unsliced bread. You can slice it lenght wise very thinly. spread a thin layer of (insert favourite spread here - chicken salad, cream cheese, egg salad) place gerkin pickles along the one side and roll until you have a log. Cover with damp paper towels and saran wrap and refridgerate until ready to use. This allows them to set up a little and will be easier to slice. When you slice them they come out in a spiral. (very budget to make).

For cake, make cupcakes and individualize each one somehow and "Display" them on cake plates. You can add some drama to the table by placing boxes, or rubbermaid containers under the tablecloth to give things "height"

Use some left over wire ribbon to make bow for the napkin rings.

At some point you can have them make up with a little lipstick and eyeshadow and each can "model" their hats and gloves down at "runway" (some paper or even coloured masking tape on the floor with and few plants to define the space) You can take some digital pics of each one as she gets to the end of the "runway". (Print these out to mail along with the thank you notes - it make a great keepsake)

The party favours are the Hats, gloves and each girl can take home her own "tea cup"

Don't forget sugar cubes - for some reason they are always a HUGE hit with the lukewarm chamomile tea at my house...

Hope this helps and isn't too disjointed or confusing:goodvibes

This is such an awesome idea she has also loved tea and tea parties. We will be talking about this tomorrow during her break time from homeschool. I am sure she'll just love it.

Theresa :hug: :flower3:

Hi Freaps! Happy Monday - hope everyone is enjoying Presidents Day (if your off). It wasn't a holiday for me today but I had to call in sick with the stomach flu:sick: I just want to wish everyone lots of health pixie dust:wizard:

I hope we all start feeling better soon:hug:

Oh No! :scared1: You can't be sick- didn't you read the smudge post!? Quick! Breath in the smudge smoke!:rotfl2:

Okay I am going head to bed. I am going to try to go back to work in the Am. I plan on just sitting there with my ice pack on to make my B&&bcicle and not do much. I am going to have John drive me so If I need to I can take a pain pill during the day.:cool1: I know they have a pool if I will make it all day going on. I am going to tell my boss if he splits it with me I will leave at a time for him to win. :rotfl2:
Hopefully I will be out by lunch. I just need to get things set up for the end of month programs and we have people here from our plants in Japan and maylissa that I need to spend sometime with.

Don't forget "injury peas" they mold nicely :goodvibes

I hope you sleep well...

Rhonda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter