Fourth of July???

Pigletsmom

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first ever trip on late June 2002 and will stay until July 5. Does anyone have suggestions for fireworks? I really wanted to be in MK with about 200,00 others to squish in fireworks over the castle? Am I crazy? :eek:

i would like to see a reply also. i am going fourth of july this year. does anyone have a suggestion as to which park has the best fireworks on the fourth? thank you

angela

7/01-offsite

My family and I went to WDW during the 4th of July two years ago. We had went back to our hotel to take a break and decided to go back to the MK at night. When we got there (by car), there were CMs telling everyone that MK was closed because it was already filled with the maximum number of people. So, we just went to MGM Studios for the night. I guess if you want to go to MK for the fireworks you will have to be there early.

I was at the MK for 4th of July in 97. Get there early and pick your viewing spot early. They will close off some areas if it gets too conjested. It is worth the wait.

Vist my brick W04 972

Fort Wilderness 73,74,79,80,83,89,93,95,97,Christmas99/New Year2000

Dixie Landings 95,96,98

Wilderness Lodge 94

All Star Movies 00
Off property 2000, 2001, 2001

Disneyland 77,81,85,944

Spent the day at Epcot. They had a spectacular fireworks show that night combined with a laser show. I think it may have been called "illuminations". There was also a great parade held twice that day through the streets of the "World" section of Epcot (possibly called the "Tapestry of Nations"?). Both are not to be missed. I can not imagine MK outdid Epcot on this day. I loved the day and my stay but keep in mind that the crowds will be enormous and the weather unbearably hot. As long as you stay on-site they will not refuse you entrance to any park (even when they are at capacity -- does anyone know differently?). Crowds, heat and everything else there is still nothing like WDW.

bump...also going to MK on the 4th of this year...plan on staying at the park all day

<font face="Comic Sans MS">
MMEaster.gif

<font color="blue">first family vacation--WDW--July 2001</font>

bump...i'll b there too!!!!!!

FW 6/79
Off-site 5/82
Off-site 5/95
PO 3/98
FW 11/99
FW 6/01
FW 12/01
FW 6/02

I have heard that they can refuse entrance into the parks, even for resort guest. All they quarantee is admission into A park on that day, which may not be the park you want to go to.

To avoid the crowds try seeing the fireworks from the top of the contemporary or from either the Poly or the Grand.

05-85 Offsite
10-94 Port Orleans
10-97 Coronado Springs
11-00 Coronado Springs
02-01 Wilderness Lodge
10-01 Coronado Springs

Grumpy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest