Four Seasons Questions

Shanti

Momketeer
I'm considering the Orlando Four Seasons for our next WDW trip, but have a few questions for any of you who have stayed there in the past:

1. What are the Four Seasons rooms (the ones with an obstructed view) like? These are the only FS rooms I'd be willing to pay for, and I don't care about having a stellar view, but I want to know we'll get sunlight & some kind of view. It isn't like an inside cabin on a cruise ship, is it?

2. The website lists on-demand movies as a perk of each room. Is there an extra fee for these, or is that included in the price?

3. What are the family pool & waterslide hours like in summer?

4. Do you find the shuttle acceptable in terms of getting to & from the parks?

Thanks!

I have only stayed there once. We had a fantastic view of the adult pool. I did not know they offered obstructed view or know how you would request that. We went in July and there were very few people at the pool with us, maybe they were all at the park. We didn't go out to the pool after dinner so I am not sure of their hours. What I do know is they have excellent customer service and would answer all these questions if you called them directly.

Have you been inside the resort? We always stay either at Jambo house at AKL or Grand Floridian. We were considering the Four Seasons and went there for dinner. I didn't care for the stark contrast of the lobby to the other ones, it felt cold and sterile and very ....modern hotel-like. We didn't care for the atmosphere but the pool looks pretty in the pics.

Have you been inside the resort? We always stay either at Jambo house at AKL or Grand Floridian. We were considering the Four Seasons and went there for dinner. I didn't care for the stark contrast of the lobby to the other ones, it felt cold and sterile and very ....modern hotel-like. We didn't care for the atmosphere but the pool looks pretty in the pics.
I have not been there. I've seen pics and know that it looks like a hotel & not a Disney resort. I've been to every deluxe Disney resort & am open to trying something truly deluxe for our next trip, and not just Disney deluxe. The pool area, lazy river and waterslides look great, and we'd go in the summer & do lots of resort time. I like that all of the rooms have the option of DVD players, and have on-demand programming available, so there is entertainment to be had during the afternoon/evening rains. I'd like to do the character meal at Ravello, too. It won't hurt to try something new.

I've not stayed there (hope to!) but have visited and thought the lobby and grounds were stunning. And service was next level. Capa - both the rooftop bar and restaurant is incredible.

I looked at the website and the obstructed view rooms I saw still have a window or balcony, so it will not be like an inside cabin room on a cruise ship.

1. The Four Seasons Rooms still have a balcony and lots of natural lighting - they either look over a roof top, or have something similar to a "Navigator's Balcony" on cruise ships where it's a partially obstructed view. They can't guarantee location, but if you request to have a room on the lobby-level, the ceilings are a little bit higher.

2. On-Demand is still at a cost, but requesting the DVD player is complimentary, and the concierge offer a couple movie selections as well.

3. Pool hours tend to be sunrise to sunset, but are extended usually until 8 or 9, if not later, in the summer months.

4. I actually quite enjoy the shuttle! I like having the time schedule and knowing when it's there. That being said, it's definitely not as frequent, so transportation requires a little bit of planning - but the seats are comfy! I would still use the Minnie Van to at least leave MK and avoid Monorail/Ferry Boat traffic post-fireworks.

We are going in a month and I have come to detest getting rental cars on vacation. I see they have a park shuttle and I agree having a schedule is great, is there a handout or an app for the times, but how about Disney springs, is there Uber available, does not look real far, is a cab reasonable.

Have you tried asking the hotel? Primary information is almost always best. Here's their contact page, which includes phone numbers, a web form, and links to various social media pages.

https://www.fourseasons.com/orlando/contact-us/
Information from former guests is what I wanted and have received. I don't think the Four Seasons staff could give an unbiased answer to "Is the shuttle acceptable in terms of getting to and from the parks"...

Its on the webpage
TRANSPORTATION TO DISNEY PARKS
Four Seasons provides complimentary transportation to MAGIC KINGDOM® Park, EPCOT®, Disney’s ANIMAL KINGDOM® Theme Park and Disney’s HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS®. Luxury motor coaches will transport guests every 30 minutes to the MAGIC KINGDOM® Park and every hour to the additional parks. Please note, for transportation to MAGIC KINGDOM® Park, guests arrive to the Ticket & Transportation Center and will then take a short monorail ride into the park.

Its pretty much what happens. There is a direct one to magic kingdom and then another to ALL the other parks. Its fine , not DiSNEY fine . But fine. I would get a car thoguh if young kids are there or stay at the Contemporary. Book via an approved agent. Unless you like paying for breakfast

Last edited:
From what you say , the vans to the other parks will also stop at every park so it will make a pretty long ride. Can not get that from what the hotel says, that is why we ask the questions.

Information from former guests is what I wanted and have received. I don't think the Four Seasons staff could give an unbiased answer to "Is the shuttle acceptable in terms of getting to and from the parks"...

But asking the hotel directly can provide the answers to your first three questions.

If you are going to Epcot, an Animal Kingdom drop off adds 1/2 hour to the trip. I like knowing that, I make dinner reservations. I do not see that clearly stated on their website. Hotel websites are always butterflys and rainbows, we want real experience. Have you ever seen a hotel web site pool picture with no chairs available.

If you are going to Epcot, an Animal Kingdom drop off adds 1/2 hour to the trip. I like knowing that, I make dinner reservations. I do not see that clearly stated on their website. Hotel websites are always butterflys and rainbows, we want real experience. Have you ever seen a hotel web site pool picture with no chairs available.
There are plenty of chairs. I went in may there plenty of chairs. The bus service is fine. I think the pool shuts at sunset. Four Seasons has never lied to me. You could just ask them. And show the responses they gave you. The manager is also the Vice President . There are four pools including an adult pool. I never had a problem getting a seat or food. The only thing to mention is to book through an approved agent. The pool is bigger than the yacht and beach club and there is half as many guests.

It is an anazing hotel and on the next level to Disney ones. The pool and lazy river are great. We went in the lazy river after dinner one night and were the only ones in there.

We paid for a standard room and was upgraded to a disney view so watched the fire works from our balcony one night. All the rooms have a full size balcony.

Any questions pls ask

From the hotel via email
Movies are available at an additional fee, and vary based on the movie you choose. We do have a library of blue ray/DVD movies and players that can be added to your room complimentary should you choose to do that.

Obstructed view means that you will be on the lower floors and there for not able to see the view of the parks, lakes and surrounding areas. These rooms still boast ample sunlight and fully furnished balconies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!