Four Seasons Questions

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Shanti, Sep 16, 2018 at 1:24 PM.

1. Shanti

Shanti Momketeer

I'm considering the Orlando Four Seasons for our next WDW trip, but have a few questions for any of you who have stayed there in the past:

1. What are the Four Seasons rooms (the ones with an obstructed view) like? These are the only FS rooms I'd be willing to pay for, and I don't care about having a stellar view, but I want to know we'll get sunlight & some kind of view. It isn't like an inside cabin on a cruise ship, is it?

2. The website lists on-demand movies as a perk of each room. Is there an extra fee for these, or is that included in the price?

3. What are the family pool & waterslide hours like in summer?

4. Do you find the shuttle acceptable in terms of getting to & from the parks?

Thanks!

2. 4kids4karen

4kids4karen DIS Veteran

I have only stayed there once. We had a fantastic view of the adult pool. I did not know they offered obstructed view or know how you would request that. We went in July and there were very few people at the pool with us, maybe they were all at the park. We didn't go out to the pool after dinner so I am not sure of their hours. What I do know is they have excellent customer service and would answer all these questions if you called them directly.

Shanti likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Hisgirl

Hisgirl DIS Veteran

Have you been inside the resort? We always stay either at Jambo house at AKL or Grand Floridian. We were considering the Four Seasons and went there for dinner. I didn't care for the stark contrast of the lobby to the other ones, it felt cold and sterile and very ....modern hotel-like. We didn't care for the atmosphere but the pool looks pretty in the pics.

Shanti likes this.
  5. Shanti

Shanti Momketeer

I have not been there. I've seen pics and know that it looks like a hotel & not a Disney resort. I've been to every deluxe Disney resort & am open to trying something truly deluxe for our next trip, and not just Disney deluxe. The pool area, lazy river and waterslides look great, and we'd go in the summer & do lots of resort time. I like that all of the rooms have the option of DVD players, and have on-demand programming available, so there is entertainment to be had during the afternoon/evening rains. I'd like to do the character meal at Ravello, too. It won't hurt to try something new.

6. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

I've not stayed there (hope to!) but have visited and thought the lobby and grounds were stunning. And service was next level. Capa - both the rooftop bar and restaurant is incredible.

Shanti likes this.
  7. 4kids4karen

4kids4karen DIS Veteran

I looked at the website and the obstructed view rooms I saw still have a window or balcony, so it will not be like an inside cabin room on a cruise ship.

Shanti likes this.
  8. Woodskeeper

Woodskeeper Lantern Enthusiast

1. The Four Seasons Rooms still have a balcony and lots of natural lighting - they either look over a roof top, or have something similar to a "Navigator's Balcony" on cruise ships where it's a partially obstructed view. They can't guarantee location, but if you request to have a room on the lobby-level, the ceilings are a little bit higher.

2. On-Demand is still at a cost, but requesting the DVD player is complimentary, and the concierge offer a couple movie selections as well.

3. Pool hours tend to be sunrise to sunset, but are extended usually until 8 or 9, if not later, in the summer months.

4. I actually quite enjoy the shuttle! I like having the time schedule and knowing when it's there. That being said, it's definitely not as frequent, so transportation requires a little bit of planning - but the seats are comfy! I would still use the Minnie Van to at least leave MK and avoid Monorail/Ferry Boat traffic post-fireworks.

Shanti and writerguyfl like this.