found you at last

THE COLONEL

Earning My Ears
So this where you have been hiding. After my initial excitement at persuading Mrs Colonel that the time was right to introduce our daughter to the wonders of Florida I stumbled upon this site and was mightily impressed. As we are not going until February I deliberately stayed away from all things Florida until recently when I decided to uncork the bottle again. I was getting worried that you had all disappeared (and that it had all been a dream) Now that this veritable mine of information is accessible again perhaps I could have some advice on the following areas.

My daughter will be 6 and is totally besotted with the Disney Princesses. We would very much like to take her to a character meal but ideally one that is themed around the Princesses. Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh etc would not interest a very independent 6 (going on 60) little girl. Does one exist or is it pot luck. If so how much and how far in advance can you book.

Being an Accountant I dont like leaving things to chance and was a little worried about the apparent lottery and stress of a Virgin check in. Therefore the twilight check in sounds ideal. We are staying with my Dad the night before and IF i can get this pitfall out of the way the night before then hallelujah! Question Does all your party have to attend the twilight check in. Presumably they would re check your id the next day anyway?

Is the Downtown Disney check in back on track? and if so what are the criteria for use. I understand the concept but how does it work in practice.

Would a 6 year old be blown away by Discovery Cove or is it best left for later years. How restricted would any non swimmers be by the whole experience.

Thanking you in anticipation of the usual high standard, objective and kind replies?

Hello,

so glad you found us.

I will only tackle one of your questions, but I'm sure someone will be along later to help with the others.

The only Princess meal, is Cinderella's Royal Table in the Castle. It is extremely popular and it's very hard to get a reservation, basically you need to ring at 7am (noon our time) Exactly 60 days before you want to eat, and if you are one of the first people to get connected you will get a table (it is sold out by 7.02 most mornings).

info is available on the DIS or wdwig

Bev

(Just fixed that DIS link Bev and changed to the front page of the Dining database - as it was being all weird! Penny)

Hi Colonel - nice to see you again :wave:

The link doesnt seem to work on Bev's info - try this: Priority Seating Info andMore info

For Twilight Check-in at Gatwick - All members of the party have to be present, plus all your intended cabin luggage I believe.

Last we heard, unless anyone has any more recent info - Downtown Disney Checkin is still not operational.

Discovery Cove I cannot help you with as I have not experienced this - but I am sure someone will be along fairly soon to help :)

Hi,

My DD is 6, going on 60, she was 6 in October and we went in Xmas/New Year. She loved Cinderella's Royal Table in the Castle, all the princess of any worth are there! (Apparently). My DD also loved DC, they made a bit of a fuss of her, even though she was 6 when we went she is very tiny, unlike her mother, and could be mistaken for 4/5. Anyway, she loved the whole DC thing from the stingrays to the dophin swim.

Hope this helps.

Jennie

Colonel, I'd think a 6yr old with Princess tendencies would love DC.

They cater very well for non-swimmers too as the wet suits are bouyant enough to float a 17 stone fatlad.

I assume you have the link for their website but here it is, just in case -
www.discoverycove.com

Just a quick note here - if you do get PS's for Cinderella's then try to get your daughter to dress up. Our 2 DDs wore their Sleeping Beauty dresses and they had SUCH a lot of fuss made over them!

Hi Colonel :wave: from another DISer here in Swansea.

I was on the phone to Virgin Atlantic this morning to make our seating requests, and was advised that the Downtown Disney check-in is still NOT operating :(. However, as you won't be travelling until February, things may have changed by then.

Cinderella's Royal Table is the best option but if you can't get priority seating (like us on our last visit) try 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. I think the theme is Mary Poppins and friends but we also had Alice and Snow White.

Welcome back Colonel!
Soooo.. glad to see you back on the boards again. We're recantly back from WDW and we've done DC amongst others, if you want to ask any questions ask away on the boards or send me a PM,

Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxxxx:wave: :wave: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter