Found another place to charge phone in MK

xipotec said:
Its weird , takes up to 10 seconds to open. I did load a bunch of "free " camera apps to try, all were awful.

I am going to try a total reload of the OS.

Good luck. I love taking photos with my phone. Friday I caught the local bald eagle.

I was thanking Declansdad for stating my feelings on the issue. Do you really think Disney cares that people are charging their phones? If they had a problem, they'd post a sign or send either a note or an email with the reservation confirmation. Until Disney says don't do it, it's fine.
I never said Disney cares. I don't even recall specifying 'Disney' (although if I did, someone will correct me). I've been referring to 'business/company' throughout the thread because this doesn't happen just at Walt Disney World.

I don't care that anybody uses their phone (considerately). You'd see that if you read the entire thread first.

I care that instead of taking responsibility for their own actions, people seem to expect that it's a company's duty to provide for the individuals' lack of planning.

:confused3
Just so I understand, are you thanking the quoted poster for being yet another DISer critical of my opinion?

Who said it was a company's duty other than you?

It's funny how some people think they should be the spokesman or ambassador for companies they have nothing to do with.

Public places will eventually catch up with our electronic lifestyle and install more of these charging stations we are beginning to see pop up. Until that time, some people will continue to find outlets where they can, and some people should relax and not get so indignant about it.

I don't care that anybody uses their phone (considerately). You'd see that if you read the entire thread first.

I care that instead of taking responsibility for their own actions, people seem to expect that it's a company's duty to provide for the individuals' lack of planning.

You're right I didn't read the entire thread before posting (I think I said that); I didn't realize that was a requirement for posting.

The statement "taking responsibility for their own actions" is pretty strong for a discussion on where you should use your cell phone and where you you charge it.

It would seem to me that if a company makes outlets readily available to customers and a customer keeps that in mind when planning their trip, there is no lack of planning on their part. Even by looking on boards such as this one for the locations of outlets would lead one to believe they are planning for the situation where they need to charge their phone. Bringing the charger with them to that place of business would indicate even more planning.

declansdad said:
It would seem to me that if a company makes outlets readily available to customers

If, if, if. Az mein bubbe habn... ah, forget it. Not worth an infraction
Having electric outlets installed as part of standard construction based on a building's/business's own expected operational needs isn't comparable to making outlets available to customers.

If, if, if. Az mein bubbe habn... ah, forget it. Not worth an infraction
Having electric outlets installed as part of standard construction based on a building's/business's own expected operational needs isn't comparable to making outlets available to customers.

So please tell everyone how you know that Disney or any other company has an issues with customers using these outlets that are in spaces available to the paying customers?

So please tell everyone how you know that Disney or any other company has an issues with customers using these outlets that are in spaces available to the paying customers?
Please indicate where I said they do.

Then could you please let me know when it became unacceptable on the DIS Boards to maintain an opinion different from that of the popular one?

Then could you please let me know when it became unacceptable on the DIS Boards to maintain an opinion different from that of the popular one?

Statements like these sure make it sound as if you feel that way.

It's presumptuous to use a business's own electric outlets, in place for its own use, to recharge phones the users choose to allow to run low; especially when foreknowledge (battery life plus non-telephone features) and planning (charging cases, extra batteries, etc.) so easily lets phone owners be in control.

It's not as if the outlets are there for guest usage. Even you refer to them as secret.

Noboby has said you couldn't have your own opinion; however, when you have a habit of presenting that opinion in manner that sounds as if your opinion is the only one that is right it comes off a little holier than thou. When someone asks you about that opinion it doesn't mean they are telling you it unacceptable to have a different opinion.

I would think that if Disney didn't want the outlets available they would just put a plug cover/child proof thing in. That would get the message across. They require a finger print just to get in, I think if they had ANY reservations about using their outlets whatsoever they would cover them immediately. In fact when I was at CHH I asked a CM if it was ok to charge my phone (only out of courtesy) and she said 'no problem, that's what they're there for'.

This thread was nothing more than a heads up to people who are looking for a place to charge their phone in the parks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Why hijack the thread? Give it a rest! :sad2:

kaytieeldr said:

It's not that you maintain a different opinion that bothers some people. It is the tone of your messages. This was a thread that provided a great tip that I can't wait to take advantage of. I, and others on this thread, don't like being called a thief.

labattblue said:
This thread was nothing more than a heads up to people who are looking for a place to charge their phone in the parks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Why hijack the thread? Give it a rest! :sad2:

Well said!!

Statements like these sure make it sound as if you feel that way.

Noboby has said you couldn't have your own opinion; however, when you have a habit of presenting that opinion in manner that sounds as if your opinion is the only one that is right it comes off a little holier than thou. When someone asks you about that opinion it doesn't mean they are telling you it unacceptable to have a different opinion.
My opinion is my opinion. I apologize that the way I write makes it sound like my opinion is the only right one. I'm just trying to avoid certain controversial (not banned) words. I stand by my opinion. There's even one person in this thread who was told Guest Services won't charge devices and the person couldn't use an outlet to charge the camera themselves.

I (and any of the few posters with the same opinion) have already in this thread been referred to as the snide "high and mighty" - for, as far as I can tell, posting my unpopular opinion in this open conversation. It appears the same poster has another critical comment on the next page about me being part of this conversation.

It's not that you maintain a different opinion that bothers some people. It is the tone of your messages. This was a thread that provided a great tip that I can't wait to take advantage of. I, and others on this thread, don't like being called a thief.
Oh, boy.
Stealing? Really? I think it's wrong for consumers to use outlets any business has installed for its own use. Just wrong. The opposite of right. Other posters brought up minimal money and electricity. That wasn't me. I can't help what you infer.

Oh, boy.
Stealing? Really? I think it's wrong for consumers to use outlets any business has installed for its own use. Just wrong. The opposite of right. Other posters brought up minimal money and electricity. That wasn't me. I can't help what you infer.

Again, how do you know the company has a problem people using the outlets?

They don't. I asked if it was a problem and they specifically said 'that's what they're there for'. Obviously they were there before the cell phone use but she meant for guest use.

Again, how do you know the company has a problem people using the outlets?
I don't know, and I never claimed any business has a problem with this. I've said and maintain I think it's wrong, that it's presumptuous.

They don't. I asked if it was a problem and they specifically said 'that's what they're there for'. Obviously they were there before the cell phone use but she meant for guest use.

I'd tend to think (hoping it's clear that the forthcoming is just my opinion) that 'they're there for' operational purposes/needs - such as (example only) vacuuming.

Sorry, you're wrong. I was asking the CM if they were allowed for guest use and was replied with 'that's what they're there for'. But I'm sure you know much better than my first hand experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter