Found another place to charge phone in MK

I can't imagine sitting around, plugged into a wall at a WDW restaurant, killing time, waiting for my phone to charge.
You wouldn't be sitting around killing time. You'd be eating lunch or dinner at the same time, or maybe just taking a little break, getting out of the sun, having a snack, getting your baby to nap, whatever.

My wife and I went out to dinner just last week here at home and she plugged in her phone to charge as there happened to be an outlet on the wall right by our table. Nobody from the restaurant said a word.

Pretty regularly, I walk into an exam room to see a patient and find them charging their phone. I'm certainly not going to ask them not to. I'm happy to provide the service. It can't cost us more than pennies per month.

disneysteve said:
I'm curious about this. At DL, if they have paid charging stations, do they restrict people from just plugging in at open outlets, like in a restaurant?

Not that I know of. I've charged numerous times at the Golden Horseshoe (a CS restaurant) and never had an issue, and a couple CMs usually see me. Haven't charged elsewhere, but I have seen many others doing so around the park.

Just curious - and by no means is this a snarky comment about people and their phones - but how is it that people on vacation in WDW need their phones that badly that seeking a spot to charge is imperative for their trip?

Is it that your battery wears down real fast or do you take work with you on vacation?

I only take pictures with my phone...wouldn't dream of bringing work with me!

Just curious - and by no means is this a snarky comment about people and their phones - but how is it that people on vacation in WDW need their phones that badly that seeking a spot to charge is imperative for their trip?

Is it that your battery wears down real fast or do you take work with you on vacation?

Some jobs are not that easy to just leave behind.

First of all we would all like to leave all our problems behind, but sometimes we do need to stay in touch with our real lives. Luckily our trip this past week both DH and I were able to not be in touch with work. Sometimes it is not possible. Our last trip in 2009, DH was in the middle of a long project and needed to be available to answer questions and make a few dicissions. If it werent for the Cell, we probably would not have been able to have a vacation that year. He probably only spent a total of 20 min on the phone, but we had a wonderful 10 days. Responsibility to work is just a reality for many professionals. Not a big deal. We just got back from a 5 day trip. This time we did not have to worry about work, but still were connected. I used my phone for "My Disney Experience" and found it quite useful. DD and DH were using their's for pictures and keeping in touch with people from home. Also, we split up a couple of times because we had different things we wanted to ride/see and it was great to let each other know where we were.

I dont see any problem in charging a phone in a place of business. We ate at the LTT. There was an outlet by our table so DH plugged his phone in while we ate. We had just gotten there after flying from CA and all our phones were low. He also found a spot to the left of the shooting range in Frontier Land.

I only take pictures with my phone
This is extremely common today. I'd venture to guess that more people use their phones as their cameras than have actual cameras at this point.
Some jobs are not that easy to just leave behind.
True, and it isn't just job issues. Some have elderly parents who they need to be in touch with as another example. Personally, I'm the president of our synagogue, a congregation of over 1,000 people. During our last trip in August, I still had to prepare everything for the Board meeting that would be held in my absence. I was sending and receiving e-mails and documents as well as texting the administrator and VP who was running things for me. At night, back in our rental home, I was on the laptop as well, but still needed to handle stuff during the day from my phone while we were out and about.

You wouldn't be sitting around killing time. You'd be eating lunch or dinner at the same time, or maybe just taking a little break, getting out of the sun, having a snack, getting your baby to nap, whatever.

My wife and I went out to dinner just last week here at home and she plugged in her phone to charge as there happened to be an outlet on the wall right by our table. Nobody from the restaurant said a word.

Pretty regularly, I walk into an exam room to see a patient and find them charging their phone. I'm certainly not going to ask them not to. I'm happy to provide the service. It can't cost us more than pennies per month.
Sure, but I'm not going to walk around, looking for a specific table that is near an outlet. And then, unless it's a table service restaurant, I'm not spending more than 20 or so mins at that table.
I'm not saying I have an issue with charging at a restaurant. It's good use of time....if an outlet is nearby and you don't need a full charge.

I only take pictures with my phone...wouldn't dream of bringing work with me!
Wellllll, I'm using my phone to monitor my particular board, here on the DIS. Seems that some posters feel that 'while the cats away, the mice can play'...so, I'm watching them, always watching....:rolleyes1:lmao:

Goodness, can not believe this is still going on. If only one thing, sure does reinforce my choice of phones with user swappable/replaceable batteries. I can't imagine all the gyrations needed in trying to charge a battery while out and about.

Hope to see you while there, Diane. :wave2:

Starbucks always has plenty of recharging outlets probably due to their popular free Wi Fi.

So perhaps when Main Street Bakery is remodeled, there may be more outlets put in there for guests, too? Would be a good idea...

Starbucks always has plenty of recharging outlets probably due to their popular free Wi Fi.

So perhaps when Main Street Bakery is remodeled, there may be more outlets put in there for guests, too? Would be a good idea...

That Main Street Bakery location is so popular and so small already, that I sure hope they don't put anything in there that would encourage folks to linger.

I'm sure this has been mentioned in this thread but those of us that use iPhones as their primary cameras usually need a charge late afternoon. I don't carry a camera with me since I just use a small cross body bag and use my iPhone as my camera and video camera. If I have my camera on for a long period of time waiting to take a shot or I take multiple videos, it eats up the battery. After taking photos all morning, I usually have to plug it in when we go back for a mid-day break. So, not everyone who needs a charge means they are constantly working or texting while on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter