Found another place to charge phone in MK

No, you know your firsthand experience better than anyone. What did I say that makes you think, or that it appears, otherwise? :confused3 I used as many qualifying words as I could to describe - again - that what I wrote about what you were told is my opinion.

labattblue said:
This thread was nothing more than a heads up to people who are looking for a place to charge their phone in the parks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Why hijack the thread? Give it a rest! :sad2:

Thank you! Amen!

As the battery ages, it holds less of a charge. This a big part of why non removable batteries are frowned upon.

Not going to join the debate but do want to comment on the battery issue. Dd has the iPhone 4 and she can leave the house fully charged at 8 am and be at less than 30 percent by noon. It is definitely losing it's ability to hold a charge over time (2 years old).

In this day and age using your phone while on vacation can be for many things ~ photos, wait times for rides, texting, looking up reservation #'s for dining, games, park hours, the list could go on and on. I have never ran out of battery while at the parks... but if i ever get extremely low on battery and needed a little charge... i will plug it in. When i am paying to stay on WDW property and spending THOUSANDS of dollars for my vacation there, i really don't think they would mind me charging my phone for a few mins (if an outlet was near my table). Would i go out of my way to find one... probably not. As far as it being said its poor planning or however it was worded.... its not that people don't plan their trips... I can honestly say Disney vacationers PLAN and PLAN well. Sometimes taking a few to many pics of little Suzy can ruin a battery life down!

But if people don't like other people talking about using Disney's outlets to charge their phones... why not leave the post and find a post that makes you happy? :confused3

But if people don't like other people talking about using Disney's outlets to charge their phones... why not leave the post and find a post that makes you happy? :confused3

Maybe because this is a discussion board? Not an Only post if you agree with everyone else board?:confused3

I would never think to plug in at the parks, but that is because I can be such an airhead I would probably walk off without whatever I had plugged in.:p

I don't know, and I never claimed any business has a problem with this. I've said and maintain I think it's wrong, that it's presumptuous.

I'd tend to think (hoping it's clear that the forthcoming is just my opinion) that 'they're there for' operational purposes/needs - such as (example only) vacuuming.

Even when people tell you they were told it was ok you tell them they are wrong.

Oh, for the love of God...if Disney doesn't want their outlets to be used, they would cover the outlets!!! It's such a non-issue. I would imagine that Disney would much rather you be sitting in CHH, drinking a soda, or enjoying lunch, while recharging your phone/camera/tablet vs you leaving the park, heading back to your resort and charging there. You aren't in the park, spending money that way.

Oh, for the love of God...if Disney doesn't want their outlets to be used, they would cover the outlets!!! It's such a non-issue. I would imagine that Disney would much rather you be sitting in CHH, drinking a soda, or enjoying lunch, while recharging your phone/camera/tablet vs you leaving the park, heading back to your resort and charging there. You aren't in the park, spending money that way.

Exactly. :thumbsup2

One would think.

Even when people tell you they were told it was ok you tell them they are wrong.
Sigh...I didn't say the poster was wrong. I didn't even say the Cast Member was wrong. I have an opinion on the latter (based on reason) but don't care for another round of "what makes you think you know...?" or worse.

This person's experiences trying to charge camera batteries seem to refute the 'it's fine' experience:
GaSleepingBeautyFan said:
I agree.

I was actually told by guest relations at MK and at DHS that they are no longer allowed to charge anything for people and that I should just find a spot to plug my camera battery charger into and I could charge it there. I don't know if that was really true bout Guest Relations no longer charging devices or I just caught Guest Relations at a bad time.

That would be fine except I was stopped and told I couldn't do that either by Cast Members.
Pretty annoying when I wanted to take more pictures but couldn't because both my spare batteries quit holding a charge and the one in the camera was low.

I would love it if they'd set up charging lockers at all 4 parks at the very least.
I would have happily paid the price to charge the camera battery and not have had to leave the park and go back to my resort to do so.

Sigh...I didn't say the poster was wrong. I didn't even say the Cast Member was wrong. I have an opinion on the latter (based on reason) but don't care for another round of "what makes you think you know...?" or worse.

This person's experiences trying to charge camera batteries seem to refute the 'it's fine' experience:

This is what riles people up. It makes it sound as if other opinions are not based on reason, just yours.

Maybe it's because it's early, but what is CHH? I'm pretty good with most of the Dis abbreviations, but this one's a head-scratcher.

My son, always searchin for hidden Mickey's Found one on the que for VOTLM . Not much use though, unless the ride is down.

xipotec said:
My son, always searchin for hidden Mickey's Found one on the que for VOTLM . Not much use though, unless the ride is down.

Too funny. Were my boys still little I would offer them a disney dollar to find the closest one!

This is what riles people up. It makes it sound as if other opinions are not based on reason, just yours.

I totally agree with you, but you may as well give it up. Some people cannot see the plank in their own eyes.

We are heading down on Sunday and I use my iPhone for pictures and line apps. I just bought a Mophie Juice Pack which is a mobile battery pack that will charge my iPhone 2 full times on a single charge of the device. It was $80 at Best Buy and will be worth every penny for vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter