Fort Wilderness ?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Wes1stTrip2016, May 15, 2018.

1. Wes1stTrip2016

Wes1stTrip2016 DIS Veteran

We are not staying at Fort Wilderness but will be going to dinner at Trails End then to Chip & Dales Sing-along.

I know we have to park and take a bus back to where the resturants are (we've been to HDDR) but where is the Sing-along? Can we walk or do we take another bus?

Thank you!

2. Wes1stTrip2016

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. tinkerdorabelle

tinkerdorabelle DIS Veteran

You could address this on the camping thread, but we stayed there last year and I believe the Sing A Long is closer to the pool area than the restaurant and you would take internal bus to the Meadow Trading Post. Be aware that Fort Wilderness is HUGE. Could walk but it's a long walk, we usually bike around everywhere there. That being said, there are internal buses that take you everywhere, they are very easy to get so you'll have no problem. We love it there, you'll have fun and I wouldn't worry bc transportation on the internal buses is easy within the campground.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Wes1stTrip2016 likes this.
  5. Tall Todd

Tall Todd Mouseketeer

Might be easier to take the boat from Magic Kingdom.

tinkerdorabelle likes this.
  6. Dave006

Dave006 DIS Veteran

Chip & Dales Sing-along Amphitheater is behind the Meadows Trading post near the Bike barn and the Meadows Recreation area: pool and arcade.

Directions: Take the bus to the 1500 stop (Meadow Trading Post & Recreation area). From there, cross the wooden bridge. You’ll find the outdoor theater that hosts the campfire past the volleyball court and swimming pool, behind the pool building.

Dave

Bob Dolewhip and Hopefully like this.
  7. dmaxphil

dmaxphil DIS Veteran

Take boat from MK or Contemporary.

tinkerdorabelle likes this.
  8. tinkerdorabelle

That's what I would do, I would take the boat over from MK. It's very enjoyable and the boat docks at the beach right where the restaurant is. Then I would take the internal bus over to the Meadows to do the Sing-A-Long later. Parking is not close to the restaurant at all but if you do drive the internal buses are easy enough.

Wes1stTrip2016 and Hopefully like this.
  9. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

You can't take the bus to the Sing Along, only to the campground
    @Dave006 gave you excellent directions

10. dismom57

dismom57 Mouseketeer

Where are you coming from for dinner? From MK you can take the green ferry right to the settlement area where Trails End is located. You can also take the smaller boats from the Contemporary. You can take the yellow bus from WL.
    If driving, or busing from other parks you park at the Outpost and take any internal bus (yellow, purple or orange) to the Settlement and dinner.
    After dinner, the sing a long is at the Meadows Trading Post and pool area, you can take the orange bus only. Or it is about a 10 minute walk down the center of the resort.
    It is a much longer walk from the Meadows Trading Post to the parking at the Outpost, take the orange bus :)

11. Wes1stTrip2016

Thank you Dave! How much time should allow between finishing dinner & arriving at the sing-along? Our ADR is 5:15 and I believe the sing-along will start at 7pm.

12. Wes1stTrip2016

We will be driving our car from Pop to Ft Wilderness - this will be on our arrival day.

13. tinkerdorabelle

The internal busses go all over the campground including to the Sing A Long area which in her case go to the busstop near the Trails End restaurant area and get off at the Meadows, and then very short walk as Dave006 explained in better detail. Pretty much right there behind the rentals and near where the food truck is or was when we were there. There are different busses tho and colors you follow I think both go there. Just ask the bus driver that's what we do lol.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  14. Disneypeach

Disneypeach Fan of the Fort

Both the “orange” and the “yellow” buses will stop at the Meadows. Only difference is different sides of the Meadows. Take whichever one arrives first. Tell bus driver that you want to go to the singalong and they’ll help you.
    Have fun!

15. Jadyreen1282

Jadyreen1282 DIS Veteran

My vote too. Driving anywhere at Disney takes me out of my bubble.

16. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

Where did you find the start time for the sing along? We go at the end of August and I've been searching all over so I know when to plan for dinner.

17. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

No doubt-IMHO the "easiest' and "funest" route to Trails End would be bus from POP to MK and then boat from MK to FW.:)

And then we would probably just walk to Meadows instead of waiting for a bus,but we don't find it that long of a walk and like to enjoy the Campground as we walk.:)

18. bama_ed

bama_ed It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney

In the summer months, chloe, the fires are lit at 730pm, the Singalong with Chip & Dale starts at 8pm, and the movie rolls about 840pm. In the winter months, it's an hour earlier. Times change basically when we move clocks back/forth.

Come check us out on the DIS Camping Forum.

Bama Ed

PS - from Trails End, it's a 10-15 minute walk. If you take an internal bus from the Outpost bus stop (the bus line terminus on that end of the Fort), you can take the Yellow or Orange line. If Yellow, get off at the 2nd stop, 1400, walk into 1400 in the camping road on the left and you come up on it from the rear on the left. If Orange, ride to the 900 stop across from the Meadow Trading Post, get off there, and walk behind the Trading Post and you'll see it across the pond.

19. Wes1stTrip2016

I did not find it in writing per se, but there was an article written that said summer time campfires typically begin at 8pm and winter time begin at 7pm. I do not know the accuracy of this.

20. Wes1stTrip2016

If we get checked in & unpacked soon enough - this may be what we do! The boat ride sounds like FUN and will add to the adventure!

21. Wes1stTrip2016

Thanks @bama_ed