Fort wilderness to skyliner.

Sjm9911

DIS Veteran
All in the title, what the best way to get from the fort to the skyliner just to take a ride on our off day. And what route is better to see? My kid will live the veiws. Any and all ideas , long or short welcome. We may even hit up the monorail also, so i should have said, best scenic transportation. Ty!

All in the title, what the best way to get from the fort to the skyliner just to take a ride on our off day. And what route is better to see? My kid will live the veiws. Any and all ideas , long or short welcome. We may even hit up the monorail also, so i should have said, best scenic transportation. Ty!
I'd recommend a bus to Disney Hollywood Studios. You'll be dropped off right near the skyliner. Since you're doing it on a day off, I'd recommend the full journey. Take from DHS to CBR transfer to AoA/Pop get off and take the kids to see the props along the AoA or pop walking trails. Kids will love AoA, parents will love pop, get back on at AoA/Pop back to CBR transfer station to Riviera/Epcot. Riviera has some fun things to see, places to eat if you're hungry, then on to Epcot, can check out the boardwalk if interested, then back to CBR transfer station from Epcot then back to DHS. Unfortunately, you can't hit the monorail at Epcot. since they're at different entrances you'd need a park ticket to get to it.

You could take the boat to Magic kingdom and catch a bus to one of the epcot resorts and then walk over to the skyliner.

Ok leaning to the bus and HS. My brother is coming down and he can get a beer along the way somewhere. Kido likes being up high, so this will be good. And a walk around the boardwalk area sounds like a good day. We may just take the boat to the monoral to epcott on one of the park days. Slower then driving, but would still be fun. And this trip i am trying to be more relaxed.

All in the title, what the best way to get from the fort to the skyliner just to take a ride on our off day. And what route is better to see? My kid will live the veiws. Any and all ideas , long or short welcome.
I second the idea of bus to DHS > Skyliner to CBR > Skyliner to POP and hop right back on back to CBR > Skyliner to Epcot. If you have a park day, walk through Epcot to catch the bus back to the Fort.

One of our favorite things to do is take the boat from the Fort to MK > the ferry to TTC > Monorail to Epcot. Yep, it's the long way around but we just love the journey.

This photo might help because the SkyLiner does not travel in a straight path The Caribbean Beach is considered a transfer station.
.D9FD10DB-DDD9-4E6A-B38B-A9D1B741CB9F.pngI

Last edited:

Bus to HS
Skyliner to Caribbean Beach.
Skyliner to Riviera.
Bus to MK
Boat back to FW

I had a lunch ADR at Beaches n Cream so rode Skyliner while over there for lunch. Caught it at Epcot's International Gateway, rode it to the hub at CBR, transferred to the DHS line, then rode back in reverse.

If you get a car with a window scrim covering on the outside, it messes a little bit with taking pix from the inside of the car. A car with no window scrim takes pictures better out through the car body wall just fine. My eye didn't really mind the scrim but the camera seemed to show it more in pictures. One man's opinion .....

Probably the easiest route is to bus from the Fort to DHS and set off from there. It's definitely interesting.

ED

Last edited:
We may just take the boat to the monoral to epcott on one of the park days.
Just to point out you will need an AP or burn a day on a ticket to do this. The monorail goes to the Epcot front entrance and the Skyliner is at the International Gateway so you'd have to walk through Epcot to get from the monorail to the Skyliner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter