• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Fort Wilderness Resort Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
the chat was not really helpful here with me. I was trying to see if they could keep me in the same room that I will already be in fri and sat on a different reservation so I wont have to move into a second room and then a third time if the fort reopens. She says to call in again! agggh!!!!

I've been waiting over 2 hours on hold for my stay. I check in on Friday at Ft Wilderness. I waited 3.5 hours before I gave up last night. Hoping I can get things resolved soon.

I am in the same boat. We check in Friday. I called yesterday morning and was told everything would be fine at the Fort by Friday so don't worry...Okay great and hung up. Then I read on facebook that they won't be open until Monday so I called back. The gentleman that answered said that they were in process of moving people to different resorts if we were choosing not to cancel or reschedule (this is a rescheduled trip from Matthew last year), he also said that since we are flying we would find out our new resort when we landed. This was all great until he said "UNLESS you get an email that states you need to call to reschedule or request a refund." I received that email about an hour after we hung up. Last night I recalled and gave up after 3 hours on hold. I called first thing this morning and was told there were no rooms on property for 5 adults this Friday, but once I told them our story the cast member refreshed and booked us in a cars suite free of charge.

I am in the same boat. We check in Friday. I called yesterday morning and was told everything would be fine at the Fort by Friday so don't worry...Okay great and hung up. Then I read on facebook that they won't be open until Monday so I called back. The gentleman that answered said that they were in process of moving people to different resorts if we were choosing not to cancel or reschedule (this is a rescheduled trip from Matthew last year), he also said that since we are flying we would find out our new resort when we landed. This was all great until he said "UNLESS you get an email that states you need to call to reschedule or request a refund." I received that email about an hour after we hung up. Last night I recalled and gave up after 3 hours on hold. I called first thing this morning and was told there were no rooms on property for 5 adults this Friday, but once I told them our story the cast member refreshed and booked us in a cars suite free of charge.
I'm so glad they got you changed! Gives me hope haha. I'm still on hold for guest services.

I'm so glad they got you changed! Gives me hope haha. I'm still on hold for guest services.

They are trying to get as many people as possible to reschedule, but if you can't I really thing they are doing their best to work something out for you.

After 3 hours on hold today a nice cm was able to get us into coronado preferred room.no extra charge would have been $600 more!. Had to remove my last night but its ok atleast i no longer have to worry.

Isn't Fort Wilderness the least expensive accommodation in which case being relocated anywhere else would be an upgrade?

True.... but it really doesn't matter where we stay as long as we have a bed for each person.. 4, 30yo men sharing 2 double beds would be pretty terrible.
What is your camping gear like? Would it be useful to bring some of that into the resort room?

Last edited:
Isn't Fort Wilderness the least expensive accommodation in which case being relocated anywhere else would be an upgrade?

Not to the campers that stay there. Not being able to stay there would be a major down grade. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter