Fort Wilderness Resort Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeNamez

DIS Veteran
Hey all,

Have a reservation for 9/21 (Only 1 night) at Fort Wilderness in a cabin. Per Stephan's article ( http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/impacts-of-hurricane-irma-keep-disneys-fort-wilderness-resort-campground-closed/ ) looks like there is no timetable to reopen.

Has anyone ever dealt with being assigned a new room some where else on property? ... Will they give us the same size room that accommodates 6 or maybe two rooms?

I was going to wait to call until 9/18 to give it some time but just curious to see what I could walking into if the resort stays closed.

I'm curious as to where those booked at FW will be relocated and if resorts of equal value are booked up will they be giving a discount at a more expensive resort?

I had a reservation for the cabins at Fort Wilderness for this weekend, 9/16-9/18. I just got an email telling me to call to change resorts, dates, or cancel my reservation because Fort Wilderness is closed until further notice. I am on hold with Disney now, not sure how many hours I will be on hold since the call line is so busy. I am a little nervous because we booked through a third party and our flights are non-refundable so even if we are forced to cancel our hotel reservation and get that money back we will still lose money from the flights.

I had a reservation for the cabins at Fort Wilderness for this weekend, 9/16-9/18. I just got an email telling me to call to change resorts, dates, or cancel my reservation because Fort Wilderness is closed until further notice. I am on hold with Disney now, not sure how many hours I will be on hold since the call line is so busy. I am a little nervous because we booked through a third party and our flights are non-refundable so even if we are forced to cancel our hotel reservation and get that money back we will still lose money from the flights.

We're you able to change the location? They told me I had to wait for them to call me!! :confused3

We're you able to change the location? They told me I had to wait for them to call me!! :confused3
Two calls to Disney and two calls to Cheaptickets and no one knows what to do with my reservation. I am currently waiting for Cheaptickets to get back to me. It's a mess. Disney told me they can't change my hotel room to a different resort because I booked through Cheaptickets and Cheaptickets is telling me Disney told them to refer people back to the Disney reservation line to get a new resort.

If anyone is in a similar situation as I am, after 3 hours on the phone, I had to book a new reservation for the Dolphin through Disney and cancel my reservation with cheaptickets, luckily there was availability at Dolphin for a good price otherwise I would have had to cancel.

I saw something on FB about it being permanently closed and panic set it - it's such an important part of Disney.

I saw something on FB about it being permanently closed and panic set it - it's such an important part of Disney.

That was from a prank site. I saw it too. If you scroll down the site that it was posted from, it says something like "create a prank". The funny thing was they said due to a cost of $1 million to repair, Disney was closing FW. LOL, it would take a lot more than $1 million for Disney to do that.

A bunch of good info here. I have seen a few different reports but they are all over the place as far as the estimated damage and if/when it will re-open. I have no problem with downgrading the room to allstars as long as they give us 2. We are only staying at FW so we dont have to drive back to universal after drinking heavily.

I'm going to try the chat via wdw website and see if i can get any more info or call later on my lunch at work. Ill update shortly.

Thanks again everyone!

Just a quick update... I was able to get through to a CM on the Chat via WDW.COM. Per the CM: "At this time Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground is scheduled to reopen on 9/18/17. It is not definite yet so you can reschedule or try a different resort if you'd like." Looks like 9/21 should be ok, even if they are delayed a day or two to open.

If anyone is struggling to get a reservation changed I would highly recommend the chat. I got through quick and the CM was able to make any changes I needed to at that point. I maybe waited 3 minutes.

I've been waiting over 2 hours on hold for my stay. I check in on Friday at Ft Wilderness. I waited 3.5 hours before I gave up last night. Hoping I can get things resolved soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!