For those who keep detailed trip logs, what is your method?

Scooley01

Mouseketeer
We'll be at WDW in a couple weeks, and I want to keep notes for friends and family who want details for planning their own trips. Is there a method of note taking you have found to be more convenient than others? Memo/voice memo on phone, physical notes in a journal, etc?

I actually journal my notes in the evening or with coffee in the AM along with my Itinerary in MDE. Mostly in a notebook (my preference), outlined in bullets with the key learnings, observations and experiences from the day. Nothing significantly detailed unless it was worth capturing like a tour or something out of the ordinary. Nothing Sexy, but does the trick.

I use my notes app on my iPhone. While waiting in lines, I just make a quick note about the ride and approximately how long we waited. Make quick notes about snacks meals the same way. I'll fill in more details at night before bed.

I use notes on my phone or IPad and try to use time stamps and I write everything before bed each night if the trip.

I use Notes on my phone. Whenever something memorable happens I jot it down there. At the end of each evening as we are unwinding, I try to flesh out the entry of the day and take a look at my pics for any moments I’ve missed writing about.

I use notes app on my phone and take LOTS of pictures. Pictures of things just to time stamp getitng in line or places we go.... And then I come back and merge the two together. I will also take photos of all our receipts as well, to remember what we ate and when.

During the day I add notes in my phone , usually for stuff like ride wait times or funny or notable things that happened, and once back at the hotel in the evening I'll jot down a more detailed overview of the day in my journal. Pictures also help a lot since not everything makes it into the phone or journal, sometimes I'll be reviewing pictures for a trip report and be reminded of something I never jotted down.

On the first day of my solo trip a few years ago, I meticulously recorded detailed notes on the notes app on my phone. Then, somehow, by evening, that notes file accidentally got deleted. I was upset with myself for a few minutes and then realized how freeing it was to tour without taking copious notes.

After that I just relied on photos and their time stamps to remember most details and it works great for me.

I use my notes app on my iPhone. While waiting in lines, I just make a quick note about the ride and approximately how long we waited. Make quick notes about snacks meals the same way.
I use the notes app on my iPhone as well, also using time waiting in lines to jot down anything I don't want to forget.
I use notes app on my phone and take LOTS of pictures. Pictures of things just to time stamp getitng in line or places we go.... And then I come back and merge the two together. I will also take photos of all our receipts as well, to remember what we ate and when.
I use pictures for time stamps as well, I take a ton of pictures in general and can look back on the time stamps to know what time we were at a certain place. I also sometimes take pictures of receipts to remember what we ordered (but also usually annoy my family by taking pictures of each dish before we eat). I can then go back and ask family members what they thought of their meals.

On our last trip I also brought a notebook and tried to journal a bit in the evenings but was so tired most nights that I didn't keep up with it very well. But I did write in it on our long drive home to add some additional notes while they were fresh.

I use my notes on my phone, pictures of important things I need to remember such as a restaurant, receipt, menu, ride, event etc. when I wake up in the morning and make coffee I sit down on my IPAD and type out my events of the day before. This way I can go back over it for spelling, corrections and things I just remembered to write. I copy and paste it on my thread and low and behold I am done. I guess it doesn’t hurt that I enjoy writing so this is never a burden to me, its always fun. By the way I never said I was good at it I just said I enjoy it………lol

I used to write out all my notes by hand when I got back to the room before bed but that can be a lot sometimes! This past trip was the 1st time I even thought to use my notes on my phone during the day and it was awesome and I was shocked I'd never thought of it before! LOL
I'd start my morning notes while waiting on skyliner or bus or while riding them to the park. (just what time we got up or went to bed the night before type stuff) then throughout the morning I'd just fill in some ride notes when we were in a line. Basically between lines, transportation wait times and also the fact that there are some rides I can't handle and sit out of that gave me plenty of time to type things out.
And then because I'm old school as soon as the trip was over I made sure to type them up on my computer also. But I didn't waste as much vacation or sleep time as I had on so many other trips.

Another vote for notes and pictures. I'll try to grab a shot heading into and out of each thing, even it's a blurry mess, to have time stamps for later. I'll make notes in line and then re-read and expand upon them each morning while my Hubby and kids sleep in later than me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter