For those of you traveling with autistic kiddos.

airplane

DIS Veteran
The last three times I was in WDW we had a DAS. Pretty much worthless for us since I couldn’t get my DS9 (now) to go anywhere near the rides. YouTube videos completely backfired on us and all of the rides he watched multiple times he would not even go near the entrance. Well when we were just there in August he had a breakthrough halfway through the trip and he wanted to go on everything!

I have no idea what the reason was but the one thing we did do differently was use stroller as a wheelchair. He had no problems going in any of the movie theater type rides when he was in the stroller. He also had no problem waiting in any lines for anything as long as he was covered up in a stroller. What really surprised me the most is how he would actually get out of the stroller to go on the ride without a tantrum.
We are going again in a week and I will post when we get back. Every day is a new adventure but one thing is for sure I rented a stroller!

How excited that he was able to get out of his comfort zone. Hope this trip is even better then the last

Stroller as wheelchair is the key for my son as well. We actually use the stroller in our 'normal' life too, even if just for the transition into new places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter