For those just off the Alaska cruise...

I just read online that there are souvenir mugs with cocoa or wine. Did anyone here do that? Did you happen to notice the price?

I just read online that there are souvenir mugs with cocoa or wine. Did anyone here do that? Did you happen to notice the price?
I didn't get one, but yes they were tall black tumblers with a DCL Alaska logo. I think non alcoholic drinks were $8 and change and alcoholic were $13 and change. I remember thinking that they were reasonable.

So my phone takes too large of photos but let's try this

In Skagway right now. Here are merch photos I snapped. I uploaded to Dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/17vgwxb1tuf8a3s/AABcX-dNof_bkrtjvjAsnPG7a?dl=0

Thanks so much. I'm crossing my fingers there are still Alaska Tervis cups when we sail in August :) Did you happen to notice if they have the Castaway Club level items that they were selling last year? I think it was just shirts and hats that said gold/silver Castaway Club member (something like that)?

No buffet on glacier day. We asked about it and was told that the deck is no longer large enough to handle the grills. :sad2: MDR temps were very comfortable to us, we have lived in Michigan for about twenty years so are used to cooler temps than someone from the south. Weather was great, not cold - to us, cold is relative.

Tiana's food was very good, best of the three rotational places but it was very loud in there. Tiana herself was great, the band, not so much. We lived in Louisiana for many years and the band did not sound like any band I ever heard in Louisiana. Rather bland without much heart in their music. The lead singer looked bored to tears.

I do not remember the restaurant off the top of my head (will look it up later) but one night we did not have a choice on the menu for appetizer and soup. Everyone received the same unless they specially requested something different. I did not like the items on the app-sampler, my spouse did. I requested a salad, our daughter skipped it totally. Everyone at our table skipped the "spaghetti" soup, sounded unpleasant. My favorite parts of a meal are appetizer and soup so I was a bit bummed. I wish there had been additional options instead of just the appetizer sampler and spaghetti soup.

All in all, a great trip. The cast members went out of their way to make sure we had a great time.

Thanks so much. I'm crossing my fingers there are still Alaska Tervis cups when we sail in August :) Did you happen to notice if they have the Castaway Club level items that they were selling last year? I think it was just shirts and hats that said gold/silver Castaway Club member (something like that)?
I don't remember seeing them

There was a native Alaskan made store down on 3 outside crown & fin. Expensive items. $75 for a salt n pepper shaker

I do not remember the restaurant off the top of my head (will look it up later) but one night we did not have a choice on the menu for appetizer and soup. Everyone received the same unless they specially requested something different. I did not like the items on the app-sampler, my spouse did. I requested a salad, our daughter skipped it totally. Everyone at our table skipped the "spaghetti" soup, sounded unpleasant. My favorite parts of a meal are appetizer and soup so I was a bit bummed. I wish there had been additional options instead of just the appetizer sampler and spaghetti soup.

From what I've read on Scott's blog, that is the menu they have in Animator's Palate on the magical animation night where you have your drawings animated, they do it due to time constraints. I've looked at that menu and those appetizers are not the kind of thing most people would like...you'd think they'd have something more 'friendly' for that night--maybe just soup and a 'normal' green salad.

All in all, a great trip. The cast members went out of their way to make sure we had a great time.

From what I've read on Scott's blog, that is the menu they have in Animator's Palate on the magical animation night where you have your drawings animated, they do it due to time constraints. I've looked at that menu and those appetizers are not the kind of thing most people would like...you'd think they'd have something more 'friendly' for that night--maybe just soup and a 'normal' green salad.

Yeah, that's the Animator's Palate drawing night menu. We had it earlier this year on the Wonder, wasn't my favorite. Totally agree about the app being kind of odd. I skipped that, and got the soup just b/c I skipped the app (it was ok, not great). My mom ordered whatever soup was on the kids' menu, so that's an option. I was a little surprised she ordered the app b/c she's picky, but she only ordered it for one portion of it (the shrimp maybe). Which makes me think a lot of people do that, and waste a lot of it b/c they only want part of the plate. Why not something a little more standard like a cheese plate? or just shrimp cocktail? My solution to the lack of app/salad/soup options was to order extra desserts after the entrees, and my dad ordered a second entree. :) I don't remember what my kids ordered, but I'm pretty sure the kids' menu was standard.

We are on the June 5th sailing and we went to endicott and the Dawes Glacier. The captain said we could not get into Tracy's Arm.

Attachments

• IMG_2477.JPG
    IMG_2477.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 21

Was on the first Alaska sailing. The appetizer wasn't anything our table of 11 was interested in. Our server brought us all a very nice garden salad.

My soon-to-be DH and I are planning our excursions and thinking about the evening wildlife expedition port adventure in Skagway (12:45 - 7:15ish). Seeing Frozen in theaters was one of our early and most memorable dates we've had, and we don't want to miss out of the activities for the Frozen Deck Party. Does anyone know if this might cause us to miss anything?

I do not remember the restaurant off the top of my head (will look it up later) but one night we did not have a choice on the menu for appetizer and soup. Everyone received the same unless they specially requested something different.
It would have been Animator's Palate, probably. They do the abbreviated menu in there on the Drawn to the Animation show night. Supposedly makes service quicker if everyone doesn't have to take time to order different things.

My soon-to-be DH and I are planning our excursions and thinking about the evening wildlife expedition port adventure in Skagway (12:45 - 7:15ish). Seeing Frozen in theaters was one of our early and most memorable dates we've had, and we don't want to miss out of the activities for the Frozen Deck Party. Does anyone know if this might cause us to miss anything?

The Freezing The Night Away deck party was at 7:45 pm. All aboard was at 7:45pm. If you get on board before 7:45 you'll make it. We didn't actually pull out of port till about ¾ of the way through the party two nights ago

The Frozen musical was not till last night

never been on a cruise, how much do the t-shirts cost? like $30 each? (what I would expect for Disneyland)

never been on a cruise, how much do the t-shirts cost? like $30 each? (what I would expect for Disneyland)
The cheapest regular price I currently saw is 24.99. With the most expensive T costing about 30. The polos went about 60 There are Nike and tommy Bahamas that cost considerably more

The Freezing The Night Away deck party was at 7:45 pm. All aboard was at 7:45pm. If you get on board before 7:45 you'll make it. We didn't actually pull out of port till about ¾ of the way through the party two nights ago

The Frozen musical was not till last night

Isn't that also the Frozen dinner menu? If so, you'd need second seating to get that MDR experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter