• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For all of you Kodak dock users

Brumeiser

Total Disney Nut
Would like to get some opinions on this board. I remember when going through this board someone suggested not to keep your Kodak camera on the dock unless the battery is low. Something about it will leave your battery life shorter between charges. But according to the manual it says to keep your Kodak camera on the docking station all the time. So what is best charge it on the dock and leave it off until the battery is low or keep it on all the time? Thanks :confused:

I've used a Kodak dock for a year and a half, keep the camera on the dock whenever I'm not using it, and have never lost battery power in a whole day's usage of over 300 pictures. (I have a DX7590 using a Li-Ion 1700 mAh.) Know lots of Kodak dock users in the DPR forum and no one has had issues with batteries and dock usage.

I'm sure you will get more opinions, but this is my direct experience. : )

E.

Editing to add, it helps to know not only how long but how often it's used. I've taken over 7000 pics with this camera and battery so far...

All nickel metal hydride and lithiom Ion batteries will get a memory severly reduceing the maximum life of teh battery. The Kodak docking station is a proven battery killer. I've seen no less then 20 coustomers complaining about thier kodak camera batteries which used to last for a few hours of shooting now only last for about 5 minutes. Sure, kodak tells you to leave your camera on the dock when your not useing it. But when your battery becomes worthless (IE only lasting for 5 minutes) what can you do except for buy another kodak battery? Exactly, they have now traped you into an endless cycle of buying new batteries from them. Its a wonderful little ploy they use to increase sales. :thumbsup2

I've never had a problem with either the Kodak dock or the printer dock causing a loss of battery life. I always leave my camera on one of those, and have yet to notice any loss of battery life. I also occasionally use Rayovac NiMH batteries (with their own separate 1hr charger), and notice no difference between those and the batteries left on the Kodak charger. Again, this is just my personal experience, though.

Cheers,
MG

Ok i know i dont like Kodak, so rather than just just flap my gums about it i present for your consideration this:

Amazon reviews

And:
The memory phenomenon can be explained in layman’s terms as expressed by Duracell: “The voltage drop occurs because only a portion of the active materials in the cells is discharged and recharged during shallow or partial discharging. The active materials that have not been cycled change in physical characteristics and increase in resistance. Subsequent full discharge/charge cycling will restore the active materials to their original state.”

Taken From:

http://www.buchmann.ca/chap10-page1.asp

Sherrie

Fiffy is right.. I like Kodak cameras because of their ease of use-- but I made this mistake with our old Easyshare. After a while the battery wouldn't charge and then the photos didn't come out clearly. I learned my lesson the hard way-- but luckilly I can just buy different batteries (on Ebay I hope!)

good luck!
jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter