"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Hey guys- can anyone help out with the above??

Also- we just purchased a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan!! It's white and so the kids named it Baymax.

Looking forward to our trip in October!

Just replying that I see your post but have nothing to contribute. Perhaps someone will have an answer for you.

I will be driving the same route at the end of the month too so I'll be interested in your updates as well!

Leaving in six days. Gas prices keep going up. That's as good a reason as any to leave Pennsylvania. Anyone know what gas prices are right now around WDW?

Left RI at 1 am. We are North Carolina now. Just stopped for gas last exit in Virginia Exxon and paid $1.84/gal.

This day one year ago -- the van was packed and we were ready to hit the road after church on Sunday for WDW. Feeling a bit melancholy today. Had to come here and get a Disney fix.

This day one year ago -- the van was packed and we were ready to hit the road after church on Sunday for WDW. Feeling a bit melancholy today. Had to come here and get a Disney fix.
I'm starting to regret not going this spring also. Lol
We were out close to your area last weekend. My sister lives in Harrisburg. Went out for her grandsons first birthday.

From RI at 1:00am to OKW @ 7:20 pm. Great drive this time. Leaving this am at 8 to get to pet of Miami. Way home we are going from Miami to Hilton Head. The from HH to RI. Will keep you updated.

Cheryl !!! have a nice trip!!! That is not your son in the middle in the picture in your signature is it?
Yes...that's from 2 years ago too!!!! Hard to believe that he is that tall so quick.

Hey guys- can anyone help out with the above??

Also- we just purchased a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan!! It's white and so the kids named it Baymax.

Looking forward to our trip in October!

Can you post your route? Maybe someone will be able to help. We take the inland route down through Pennsylvania etc and get on 95 in I think GA.

I take a couple inland routes, I start out on i78 into i81 in pa. if any of those interstates look familiar to you.
Most popular inland from here is 78/81/77/26/95, you will hit i95 in South Carolina. I also use 78/81/66/17/95 which is a good night time route. You will pick up i95 at Mile marker 133 in Virginia just north of Richmond. Both are just about the same miles and time, pending day of week, time of day.
I use 66/17 on the way down, hitting i95 at 11pm/ midnight time frame. Way home I use 77/26, which isn't bad going either way, just I hit the blue ridge mountain range during the day and not in the middle of the night.
Both ways for me, pending on stops and driving habits, are 1086 miles and 15 1/2 - 16 hour trips.
I have posted on here point to point, time and mileage charts on both ways including stops. May have to go back in the thread a bit but it's there.
It's all different pending on where you live, how you travel, time of year, what day etc....

I take a couple inland routes, I start out on i78 into i81 in pa. if any of those interstates look familiar to you.
Most popular inland from here is 78/81/77/26/95, you will hit i95 in South Carolina. I also use 78/81/66/17/95 which is a good night time route. You will pick up i95 at Mile marker 133 in Virginia just north of Richmond. Both are just about the same miles and time, pending day of week, time of day.
I use 66/17 on the way down, hitting i95 at 11pm/ midnight time frame. Way home I use 77/26, which isn't bad going either way, just I hit the blue ridge mountain range during the day and not in the middle of the night.
Both ways for me, pending on stops and driving habits, are 1086 miles and 15 1/2 - 16 hour trips.
I have posted on here point to point, time and mileage charts on both ways including stops. May have to go back in the thread a bit but it's there.
It's all different pending on where you live, how you travel, time of year, what day etc....

Thanks dvczerfs! I knew you would have an answer. I think she's worried about the steep downhill in VA? I can't remember. I don't pay much attention to what state we're in when- I just keep on truckin' :) That's why I couldn't remember if we hit 95 in SC or GA.

It's a steep grade but it's miles long. Unless your pulling a large camper, it really isn't to bad. Take your life more in your hands on I4.

Driving through Atlanta down to FL on the Sunday after Thanksgiving shouldn't be too bad unless there is a game in town that day. Most traffic should be headed north from FL after the Thanksgiving holiday.

Unfortunately, there is an NFL game in Atlanta that Sunday. Arizona Cardinals at Atlanta Falcons. Tentative time for the game is 1 PM ET. The game will probably remain at that time; however there is a slight chance the game might be moved to late afternoon or even evening. We won't know until about ten days before the game.

Unfortunately, there is an NFL game in Atlanta that Sunday. Arizona Cardinals at Atlanta Falcons. Tentative time for the game is 1 PM ET. The game will probably remain at that time; however there is a slight chance the game might be moved to late afternoon or even evening. We won't know until about ten days before the game.

Major sports events have a big impact on traffic when driving to and from WDW. We experienced a significant delay driving on I-95 in Baltimore an hour or so before a Ravens game because we never considered it. Drivers have to include sports events schedules into their travel plans.

All the best! :thumbsup2

Major sports events have a big impact on traffic when driving to and from WDW. We experienced a significant delay driving on I-95 in Baltimore an hour or so before a Ravens game because we never considered it. Drivers have to include sports events schedules into their travel plans.

All the best! :thumbsup2

Major concerts have an effect also. We never make hotel reservations for our trips. We just decide when we're done driving and we've always found a nice hotel. Last year we went to Noah's Ark Animal Sanctuary in Locust Grove GA on our way down- so a long way off our regular route. We stopped an hour or so before Atlanta and had a very hard time finding a hotel. There was some kind of major concert or event in Atlanta and all the hotels were booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter