Foods I wished they still made

They still make New York seltzer, I bought a sample pack, maybe 6 of different flavors, at Christmas Tree shops last year for my DDS to try. I do think they were all clear flavors, vanilla for sure.

I miss light and lively cottage cheese. It was perfect, so many brands are so watery and thin. I used to drink apple Slice soda.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this recently and was surprised. Used to get this all the time.

It’s pricey, but it’s available at world market. I bought a bunch of 6 packs for random holiday treats for people I know who loved it. Everyone was thrilled (and so was I)!

I wrote about this exact topic on my blog, a couple of years ago:

http://eichy815.tumblr.com/post/158885169866/vivacious-vintage-vittles

My top choices:

Chachos quesadilla-style chips
Cookies-n-Creme Twix
Giggles cookies
Hardees Chicken Stix
KFC's original thin French fries (not the massive potato wedges they currently have)
O'Boise's potato chips
Pizza Hut "Bigfoot" pizza
Pizzarias chips (apparently, TGI Friday's makes a "pizza chip" that closely emulates its flavor)
Taco Bell's Brownie Sandwich
Tropical-flavored Gatorade (not to be confused with the fruit punch flavor)
Wendy's Chicken Caesar Pita

Honorable Mention to the McDonald's Onion Nuggets, which unfortunately were discontinued before I was even born -- but I would have loved to have tried them.

Do they even make Clearly Canadian ANYWHERE, nowadays? That was my favorite beverage in middle school.
I was just wishing for a Wendy's chicken caesar pita today!!!! Why did they get rid of those!??

Giggles and Magic Middles cookies
Fruitopia drinks
French Toast Crunch
CremeSavers
Vanilla Pepsi
Pizzarias
Minute Maid juice bars
Dweebs candy
Sharkleberry fin koolaid
Bonkers
The original McD's cherry pies

Right around the time of jello 123, they also sold a product I think was caled soft swirl. It was pudding dessert and I loved the peach flavor. I also liked spoon candy, which was a pudding dish with a candy she'll topping. There was also some sort of freezer pudding that I can't quite bring up In my memory. Maybe it was pudding pops that people mentioned, but I was thinking there was an earlier version that was pudding you shook and then froze? I was big into pudding as a kid!

Last edited:
Yeah, they started making New York Seltzer again, hmmm....about four years ago I think. They have black cherry, raspberry, peach, root beer, blueberry, lemon lime, cream soda. Oh how happy I was to taste that black cherry for the first time in 25 years!

I had heard that Planters supposedly brought back cheez balls, but I never found them at any store. This thread reminded me about it so I looked it up and apparently they were (are?) only available ONLINE through Amazon and Walmart, and only for a limited time. What the heck?? Not only that, but they only come in tiny 2oz. containers and as usual, people are saying the taste is "similar, but not the same". Why do companies always botch up the reintroduction of old beloved snack foods? Really I don't think anyone has ever done it right. Except New York Seltzer. New York Seltzer is good like I remember it and it's available in a lot of places.

Last edited:
Me I miss Black Cows - Choclate covered Sugar Daddys.

4343183160_89552e8665.jpg

I haven't read through the entire post, so someone might have said this already, but I know these are still available online if you can't find them in a quirky little shop. I know there's at least one online website that specializes in nostalgic candy.

I haven't read through the entire post, so someone might have said this already, but I know these are still available online if you can't find them in a quirky little shop. I know there's at least one online website that specializes in nostalgic candy.

I think we've gotten them at Cracker Barrel

Jello 1-2-3 can be duplicated by putting the liquid jello mix in a blender and whirring it around for a big.Then pour into cups and chill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!