Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force. A May '13 TR; Updated 02/6

Missyrose

DIS Veteran
Hi friends, it’s time for another trip report from Missyrose and Pixel Dust! I know, this means we have three, count 'em, THREE TRs going at once. But we couldn’t very well have all this Disney fun and not tell you about it, right? So what are we waiting for? On with the show!

Our cast starts with two people you may be familiar with.

DSC_1015-L.jpg

That’s me on the right, Missy. I’m a bona fide Disney nut. I’m happiest when I’m on a Disney trip or at least knee deep in planning one. My favorite park is Epcot (especially during the Food and Wine Festival). My favorite attraction is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. My favorite Disney food is definitely Casey’s Corndog Nuggets. My favorite Disney character is now a tie between my lifelong love, Minnie Mouse, and my new homegirl, Cinderella (I fell in love with her after I got engaged in her castle last fall).

Who is the Prince Charming who planned the perfect Disney proposal? That would be Franklin. My partner in Disney crime. He takes all the amazing photos you see on these TRs. His favorite park is also Epcot (aw, how cute -- we match!). His favorite attraction is Expedition Everest and his favorite Disney character is Luigi from “Cars.” His favorite Disney food is a new addition to the list -- the jalapeno margarita from La Cava del Tequila in the Mexico pavillion in the World Showcase.

In the “real world,” I’m an editor in the sports department of a newspaper in Washington D.C. and Franklin is a space planner for an architecture firm. Those jobs pay the Disney bills -- bills that now tally two DVC contracts (one at Boardwalk and another at Bay Lake Tower), seven trips together and a second year of annual passes.

But enough about us, we have some very special co-stars with us for this trip.

DSC_2023-L.jpg

That’s Meghan on the left and Laura on the right. They’ve been friends with us since we were kids and they’re two of my bridesmaids! Both had visited Disney on band trips in high school, but neither had really “done” Disney they way it’s meant to be done.

Meghan fell in love with Epcot on this trip (Cinco de Mayo and tequila may have swayed her opinion a little). Her favorite attraction to ride is Splash Mountain, but watching Jedi Training stole her heart. Of the piles of Disney treats she tried on this trip Butterbeer (from the dark side, I know) was her favorite, followed closely by the noodles at 'Ohana and the pretzel rods dipped in Reese’s Pieces. Rounding out the list, her favorite character is the beloved (and newly official) Disney princess, Merida!

Laura’s heart is torn between the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (her love for Ron Weasley runs deep) and Magic Kingdom, but she swears she loved MK “just as much.” She loves Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania. Laura had lots of Disney food favorites, they included the entire meal at 'Ohana, the avocado margarita at La Cava and the fried chicken at 50s Primetime Cafe. She also thinks Merida kicks some serious butt.

Now that you’ve met the cast of, ahem, characters, let’s give you the rest of the trip details.

When: May 4-8

Where: A one-bedroom, lake view villa at Bay Lake Tower, out first trip “home” there since buying our BLT contract.

Why: Why not? We were there to enjoy food, friendship and the Flower and Garden Festival (just like the TR title says!). We also got the chance to celebrate Laura’s birthday!

And like many of my previous trip reports, I’ll make you this promise: You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, but mainly, you’ll wish you were in Orlando RIGHT NOW! :goodvibes
Let’s get this story started! Who’s in?

:woohoo:

I'm so in!

Dee

PS- Love that first picture where even Meeko got the memo to wear grey!

I'm here! :) I'm looking forward to hearing all about this trip. Again. In written form ;)

And Frank-a-lin, as always, I'm here for your awesome pictures!

Yay!!! I'm here!!! I love how it looks like Ariel on your shirt is about to kiss Meeko.

Just found this and looking forward to hearing all about it.

Wow, we have a lot of people joining us already!
Thanks for stopping by, everyone! :welcome:

Hi there, I'm Franklin, the other half of this trip report. I will be providing the photos on this journey. They wouldn't be much without a story behind them. No one can bring them to life more than Missy.

I'm in, although I've been doing awful keeping up with your other TR's, lol! I just haven't been on the DIS much lately, but I'm looking forward to this! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter