flying with a large group!

nygrl

DIS Veteran
has anyone ever done this? we are going to disney with a group of about 50 people for a baseball tournament at wide world of sports. i was wondering if anyone has ever gone with such a large group and if so did any of the airlines give discounts. i am in ny and am having no luck. the price is actually comming out to more because they combine prices so everyone pays the same. any input would be appreciated. :wave2:

I would check with the group travel desk at the airlines you are interested in. If you want everyone on the same plane that would be the best way to go.

If it doesn't matter then I would look at the fare sales by the airlines. Usually you can get a better rate than just a flat discount.

We are traveling NWA, with 11 people over Spring Break. We are getting a group discount, anything 10 and over qualifies as a group. They require a 40 deposit per ticket, with the final payment due 30 days prior to travel!

i have spoke to jet blue and southwest and both told me there are no group discounts because they are already a discount airline. jet blue makes the price more expensive because they only sell a certain amount of tickets at a sale price so after those are gone they will average together the sale price and the more expensive price so everyone pays the same. it comes out to alot that way though. i just dont get it. they are giving me a price of $330 pp we usually pay about $130-$150 round trip so i dont understand how flying with alot of people really pays.i am starting to lean towards telling everyone just to book their own airfare!

Unless you charter a plane, most times sale prices will beat a discounted for a group rate.

Sounds like they would be better off to reserve their own flights.

This is one a TA may be able to help you out better on. They may have access to a charter where they combine a few groups, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter