Flying into Fall!! – WISH September Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

For those of you who know them from the thread - I checked in with our Floridian friends Lady Marie and MommaoffherRocker - They are in prep mode and hoping for the best - hopefully they will join us on the thread when things get back to normal for them.

I am so glad you were able to get a hold of them. I was thinking about them but I am horrible with remember full names. Please keep us updated if you hear from them as the storm goes through.

Well I did something stupid today. I can't seem to remember that I am not young anymore. I am the assistant coach for my daughters cheer squad. The girls were doing their jumps and I decided to to them too. I haven't done them since at least high school. As at first my feet hurt. No big deal. I am just 50 pounds heavier now. Well then I was squatting down and heard a pop in the front of my thigh just above my knee. And now it hurts a lot. I know better not to do this. I am really hoping this goes away quickly.

@Lady Marie @MommaoffherRocker We are thinking about you. Hope you, your families, your friends, pets and homes all stay safe. xxx

I did good yesterday! The protein with snack or no snack seem to be working, I am satisfied with less calories. I still end up not being able to resist bowl of fresh apricots but not too bad over all.

I feel for people in the islands were Irma hit yesterday and Haiti where she is due to hit today. It's scary to watch

I am tempted moving our trip planned for 2018 October end of June. Not as high pick hurricane season and much easier to miss last week in School than the first one! Reports of rain all day from this June are putting me off and end of October WDW is so much fun. DH gave out to me worrying about next year vacation when people are going through Irma right now.

Anyway another very long day ahead of me. I better get going. Hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!

Joining in this month. I started a post on Tuesday night and what would you know my computer decided it was a great time to up and crash. This while I was waiting for my husband to get home and I was putting the cheap peppermint essential oil on cotton balls to toss around my chair. Why was I doing that? Well I had a mouse running along the window still right next to my chair. Soon after he got home that same mouse or a friend decided to crawl up on the arm of my chair with me sitting in it. WAR DECLARATION not only by me and 12 year old-who decided a while ago that sleeping in a tent in the yard was better than her bed because one ran across her headboard-but by my husband. Traps set behind and to the side of my chair. Needless to say I was so freaked out and kept hearing the gad blasted mouse or more than one could not tell that I did not fall asleep until after 5:30 in the morning and then was woken up by our friend who does siding and roofing to see if we got the estimate on the siding portion of what we need done from a hail storm back in May 2016. His wife who I have actually known and been friends with longer sent it just minutes before. Then I was going to post yesterday but I started reading on of the Irma threads. Don't get me wrong I would love a mouse in the house if it wore clothes and either did household chores or provided entertainment. No signs yesterday or last night so I actually crashed hard though I did wake up when 9 year old got up for a while until she was settled on the couch with her ipad. School today is going to be once again in the evening though that is the beauty of homeschooling we can do their lessons when it works for us.

Before we take off for our flight, it is important to know where we want to fly to and how we plan to get there. So, tell us what you want acchieve and how you are planning to map your route to your goal. If you want to tell us a little about yourself as well, we would love to get to know you better, too!

If you remember I had mentioned that I wanted to get to the pool at least 5 times this month in the later part of the August thread. Due to my still reacting hard to all the smoke that we are having thought some days are better than others-a lot depends on wind speed and direction-I am going to stick with maintaining within 2 pounds plus to allow for cycle fluctuation my current weight for another month for my goal. I plan on achieving this by watching what I eat and trying to get some exercise when I am feeling well enough to do so. Most of my exercise will be indoors though I will keep an eye on the air quality as well as the temps and get outside for a walk when I can.

For those who didn't follow last month I am Tammy and I was born and raised in Montana about 2-3 hours depending on which way you go from Yellowstone National Park. I am about 4 hours from the Black Hills as well so a number of trips growing up were spent in one of those 2 places. I am married for almost 13 years to a wonderful man who works hard in a food distribution warehouse in a freezer usually pulling orders of ice cream. He works 2nd into 3rd shift so we live a crazy late afternoon/early evening work schedule into the early morning. Needless to say we sleep a bit later in the mornings usually starting our days between 9-10 am for me and 12 year old with 9 year old getting moving between 10 and 11. My husband it depends on how late he ends up working and what time is able to get to bed how early he gets moving except on Tuesdays when he is up to get himself and 9 year old ready to go to speech and occupational therapy usually followed by going to the library as they have to leave shortly after 10. He does take a nap when he gets home until time to eat and head out the door to work. We currently have 2 bunnies named Little John ( a tort dutch buck who is 4 years old-he is a sweetheart according to my mom and he loves to be petted by the kids at petting zoos and fairs) and Rum(ble) Bum(ble) who is a black otter netherland dwarf and is just about 16 months old. He loves to play and has a fun but curious personality. We also have 4 kittens that are about 6 weeks old that 12 year old has been raising as their mother was killed on the highway when they were about 2 weeks old. She has named them Batman ( the only black patterned male), Joker ( an all white male), Robin ( a white with a little bit of tan markings female) and Harli Quin ( mainly a tan and white harliquin patterned though she has seal points on her ears and tail). We share a yard with my parents and siblings so there are other cats as well that roam around. My sister and her "friend"/roommate have no pets and my brother and his family have 2 cats that live inside and a dog that mainly stays in the backyard though it will come in and lay by a door on a rug at times. My parents have a number of barn cats though there are a few of the more tamer ones who will also hang out on the front enclosed porch and enjoy some extra items like moist food and some cream from time to time. One of them has learned if you have your kittens up there you get lots of attention-she keeps trying to talk them into her being an indoor cat to no avail. They are at the stage of life now where they are retired though my dad does do some farm work for a neighbor to keep himself busy ( more like keep him out of my mom's hair to be honest) and they want to be able to travel without someone having to come and do a lot of work to care for their pets. Since they keep some dry cat food in a covered can that is also weighted down so if something does get the lid unlatched they can't get into everything it is easy for one of us (usually my brother as he is the first one moving in the mornings with the time he goes into work) to feed them. If there are kittens one of the kids gets a little bit of spending money for going over and giving them their moist food and extra dry food on the porch. No idea on the current population as I think it changes almost daily. Some of the named ones are friendly some are not like hiss'n'spit and there are some that we only see a blur off as humans approach.
I do side jobs of giving my opinion on surveys some of which have me testing products at home as well as selling Jamberry which is expanding the lines carried in the near future though they started out with just non toxic, gluten free, vegan vinyle nail wraps that are heat activated. I worked in both fast food customer service and in early childhood and after school child care before having my family. I also did some work in home care mainly house keeping but some helping with self care and transportation to appointments.

If you want to fly, you can only bring a limited baggage with you. Packing light is essential! But sometimes being restricted to the essentials can also be a positive thing. So, for our flight for the month, pick three things (material or immaterial) that you have to bring with you and three that you will leave behind!
I am going to pack my slow cooker, my indoor grill, and my water bottle. I am leaving behind excuses that I can't do any exercise-even if it is just a little bit of walking in the house I can do something. I am also leaving behind the excuse that because of my thyroid I can't loose weight so I might as well not even try and letting it bother me when others judge what I am eating because I am not doing my eating plan the way they think I should ( you should do palo or you should no atkins no you should do beach body no insert any other popular diet here to complete at least what they are thinking and sometimes saying)

Sometimes in order to get to Infinity and Beyond we just need the right portion of self confidence (and as in Buzz's case some luck...) to get us there. Do you feel that you believe in yourself to achieve the goals that you set yourself? Do you think that your believe (or lack thereof) is helpful or limiting?

I believe that I can achieve this months goal and my long term goal of loosing over 250 pounds without doing the surgery route that I have so many people telling me I should do or going to starvation methods that I was put on so many times growing up. I know that it will take longer aiming for small loses as I go along but in the long run I will keep it off and not do gain it back plus interest

With a little faith, trust and pixie dust we are flying off towards the second star to the right, and straight on till morning- to Neverland!! As you know, Neverland is the place where you never grow up! So, our question today is: If you think back to your childhood, is there anything that you wish that you had kept with you as an adult that would help you with a healthy lifestyle? And if yes, is there any way that you can reconnect to this today?

I wish that I had kept up with bike riding but when I ended up in an accident on my bike ( not seriously hurt as I took to a grass area on the side to avoid being hit by a driver who ran a light, just some scrapes but I ended up bending the frame) I was not able to afford to replace and seeing the person who caused the accident did not have insurance ( quite common around here which is why we carry uninsured and under insured on even our old beaters-at least our medical would be taken care of if nothing else) I got nothing from them. I was also quite frightened to get back on so I either timed my trips to town when someone else was going in sometimes going in and looking around stores or just sitting on a bench in the mall for hours until I needed to catch a bus to work and then I would hang around after work to start to walk home until I knew my brother would be heading in the same direction. He would be nice and give me a ride the rest of the way home. Unless I was getting off or going to work at night the rule was I had to either walk or ride my bike at least to the bus ( when I had my bike I would park it in my great aunt's fenced yard chained to the porch railing and then would walk a couple blocks to catch the bus to get to work) stop in town. My family was not too interest in my learning how to drive so it took my having a home care job that involved helping my client get ready for and into bed. All of a sudden when someone was having to come pick me up from work at 10:30-11 at night it was project let her get her license at almost 22 years old. By the time I started driving I was doing hardly any exercise though I would go swimming or walk the track at the university gym when I was taking classes here and there. When I worked for the Y I did some of the same as well. I was going to a place called 123 Fit for a while that I found doing a mystery shop and I did the free 2 week trial loved it ( it alternated cardio and strength in a circuit style) but our local place shut down so I didn't go anywhere for a while except occasionally to swim at a fitness center in a smaller town to the west of me that does offer a punch card for visits. This is also one of the places on my current fitness membership with our insurance where I can use any participating place for one monthly fee plus the enrollment fee that I paid when I joined. Due to my husband's schedule I have not been good about going into work out. I need to figure out how to make it work with everything so that I can get in even if it's making sure that 12 year old is up so that she can listen for 9 year old and if needed get their dad up to take care of things. The big thing is that the house is a royal mess and I am not talking closets and rooms that we can just shut the doors when anyone comes over situation. I feel guilt going and doing things when I have that to do plus I am trying to get all my emails caught up and I also feel that I should be doing training for my Jamberry business so I have a tendency to put going to get a work out in last on the list of things to do.

Well I did something stupid today. I can't seem to remember that I am not young anymore. I am the assistant coach for my daughters cheer squad. The girls were doing their jumps and I decided to to them too. I haven't done them since at least high school. As at first my feet hurt. No big deal. I am just 50 pounds heavier now. Well then I was squatting down and heard a pop in the front of my thigh just above my knee. And now it hurts a lot. I know better not to do this. I am really hoping this goes away quickly.

Isn't it funny how in our mind we are still young, fit and fantastic ..... until we are reminded with reality.

Don't get me wrong I would love a mouse in the house if it wore clothes and either did household chores or provided entertainment.

Are you sure his name wasn't Mickey :rotfl2:

She has named them Batman ( the only black patterned male), Joker ( an all white male), Robin ( a white with a little bit of tan markings female) and Harli Quin

So cute - great names.

Well my leg is not as bad as last night. A little muscle sore but does not feel more then if i did a good leg workout. Yeah. I am hoping to get to the rec tonight.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

So I had a nagging feeling that another one of our friends was in Florida - so I went back over the intros from July and there it was @4HOLIDAYS lives in South Florida! So to @4HOLIDAYS if you see this we are thinking of you and your family too and hope you are all ok with IRMA coming in the next few days.

It is Friday night here and I am sleepy and laying on the couch.

J Why was I doing that? Well I had a mouse running along the window still right next to my chair. Soon after he got home that same mouse or a friend decided to crawl up on the arm of my chair with me sitting in it.

This will completely freak me out! I woutld lose it!

Hey guys! Thanks to everyone that has been thinking of me with this storm. Thankfully we are far enough north that the storm should weaken significantly before reaching us. But we are still preparing to be without electricity for days.

I need to join back in on the challenge because since I have gotten away from posting I have gotten way of track! So I will be making more of an effort to get back on here and be more accountable.

Another good day yesterday. We had meal out and I went for kale salad, hake veggies and mash and glass of prosecco. The dessert was included but I said no thank you!

I keep changing between 3 meals and a snack and more often meals. It seem to be between 4 and 5 but the protein with each meal & snack and not going over 3.5 to 4 hours seem to be working for the last few days.

I went and bought myself 2 outfits to wear that look good right now on me and I got my make up done & bought some make up. I also bought myself new handbag and comfortable shoes that loo kok, as I need them with all the walking I do. I do better if I feel better.

If there are things that can improve your confidence in happiness today - do it! No point to wait for some distance point when you will be this weight to start being nice to yourself!

Last edited:
I keep changing between 3 meals and a snack and more often meals. It seem to be between 4 and 5 but the protein with each meal & snack and not going over 3.5 to 4 hours seem to be working for the last few days.

I have noticed on the days when I am on plan lately e.g. breakfast, small handful of nuts for mid morning snack, salad with small amount of chopped walnuts and turkey or chicken, afternoon snack of fruit and then dinner - that I am much more satisfied across the day and less likely to feel hungry enough for bigger snacking at night if at all some nights. I am really noticing the difference with the hunger/need to eat now on the days I am disorganised without food/busy days with longer times between eating.

If there are things that can improve your confidence in happiness today - do it! No point to wait for some distance point when you will be this weight to start being nice to yourself!

Definitely agree - sounds like you had a fun shopping trip. We went to the movies with my mum today and I put make-up on to give me a boost - I don't always wear it anymore - in too much of a rush most of the time to worry. We all had a good laugh together at the movies so that was fun.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Okay I visited the exercise physiologist this morning and so I will use the exercise plan as my goal here for the month that way I have put it out there with you all as well as him to help keep me accountable. He has an app that I use to report each day and it includes a message feature that I can tell him anything that comes up e.g. pain from the activities etc. He wants me to try and fit in 2x15 mins walking each day - 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon - this is to help with blood pressure management - apparently after walking (or probably other exercise too) there is a period afterwards of some lowered blood pressure - by doing the walking twice a day it gives my body two periods in the day of some lowered BP. I then have 4 exercises to do at least once every second day if I can't do them everyday. Plus a shoulder stretch - as my shoulders are rotating in and forward thanks to bad computer/desk set up at work (I am in the process of ordering new technology that will help with a better set up). I have been experiencing some symptoms in the left arm in particular over the last few months and he thinks it is muscular as my left side is tighter and further rotated than the right rather than something cardiovascular - but I will also get that reviewed with my GP on Tuesday.

So a long winded way to tell you that my goal for the month is:

2 x 15 minute per day walking sessions and the 4 exercises (squats, wall push ups, low row with theraband and calf raises) every 2 days.

Thanks for checking on our Florida friends! My brother is there and he says he'll be fine. His housing is new and it is certainly far from his first hurricane. He's prepared. He wanted to remind us that the news focuses on the bad. 99% of the people will experience inconvenience, but not tragedy.

QOTD: There is nothing from my childhood that I care to bring forward!Not that I had a horrible childhood. I was a bookworm then and am one now. I'm more active now then I was then and happier with myself now. Not perfect or even close, but doing just dandy.

The scale was kind this morning. Last Saturday I had a huge whoosh which I didn't believe. This week the whoosh is still there so guess I will believe it!

I've kept up with my logging food and have managed 5,000 steps every day. Actually more! But those were work days where I'm walking quite a bit. Now it's the weekend and I'll have to work hard to get out of sloth mode! Very soon we're going to hop in the car for 2.5+ hours travel to see the in-laws. Sit around and visit with them then drive home. I'll probably stand most of the time at their house which makes them uncomfortable because they think I'm not comfortable! I'd say more but DH is getting ready to go and I am still in my jammies!

Thoughts on a slice of cheesecake - lol!

+8:00 am We got up early and I had healthy breakfast
Went to do my groceries shopping, came back and put the food away.

+I declined offer for a meal for my birthday next week. I said I had meal yesterday and I am just not interested. I am very grateful but prefer day at the zoo or to see a show.

+ 11:00 I had quick early lunch of some chicken and slice of bread we were in rush to get to my favorite cake shop. We have people over and I went to order good lemon cheesecake.

- 14:00 I was tempted at the coffee shop attached to the bakery, and about 2pm we decided to have some cheesecake and coffee. On one hand I have a birthday Monday and I declined full dinner so yey, it was really good but I really didn't need it or could have left half. I had it was very good, it's my favorite bakery and I had decided that I will make this day work with cheesecake. I have to be able to handle situations like this. At the time, I felt it will be easy as I was feeling full & satisfied and I felt it will keep me full for long.
- - 15:00 As it often happens when I haven't had solid meal, and I have high sugar food - sugar goes up fast and goes down as fast too! By 3 I was hungry again. This would not happen if it was after good dinner or at least not as bad. at the time I thought I will fight it.
+ at 15:30 I thought I am properly hungry and probably have sugar overload so I will have small roast chicken lettuce and cucumber salad. It was small bowl. I decided fighting it isn't working as I am proper hungry and I will eat something satisfying
+ a18:30 I decided I will make myself a bowl of peppers, onions, chicken, herbs courgette noodless and tomato passata. Warm hearty high protein and filling
+ after 20:00 I had two mandarins and one apple later and I felt like snacking all the way to bed time after 12. The thoughts about toast or fresh bread we bought that day were there. But I said no, I am not going to do it. Yes I feel like it, but no it's not happening.

I did my 10 000 steps. I gave the cheesecake slice 350cal, it was fair size but not huge. If it's 350, I was in 500 calories deficit. If it was double that - 700, I was still in good balance. It wasn't amazing day, I did the minimums but I decided that I am in charge of how the day will go and I am able to handle slice of cake without any drama. I decided that I won't ignore genuine hunger, but when unsure I will wait awhile to see. Eating high sugar items definitely decreases my satisfaction of other meals and impacts my sugar level/hunger for the day, and I am not going to be doing this often. It's simply makes it harder! And why would I want to make it harder for myself?? Having said that, there is really no need to make big deal of it and I am able to make it work. All or nothing usually ends up nothing!

It was important day for me as it was a day in balance, without being all or nothing. And the scale today went down

it's shame it's not as easy to find the right level with exercise with me but I won't be thinking about it right now. Today isn't the day

I need to join back in on the challenge because since I have gotten away from posting I have gotten way of track! So I will be making more of an effort to get back on here and be more accountable.

Stay safe, we are glued to the news hoping this thing will not be as bad as expected and change it's path away from any land!

Isn't this so! Posting seem to keep my focus :). Perhaps I need to accountability and few minutes a day to think about how the day went, what could I do better and it is/isn't working

I just read this (Nia Shanks) and I am so loving it!

An email from Nia Shanks:
"

Choose consistency, not perfection.

Choose strength and performance, not exhaustion.

Choose simplicity, sustainability, and sanity, not ********.

Choose to focus on the things you can do, not those you can't.

Choose to embrace the uncomfortable truths, don't fight them.

Choose decisive action, not relentless planning.

Choose to take control, don’t fall prey to your circumstances.

Choose to shut up and do something, don’t complain.

Choose for health and fitness to be a part of your life, not something that dominates it.

Choose self-compassion as a response to your slip-ups, not condemnation.

Choose flexibility, not obsession.

Choose to adapt to the circumstances, don’t give up entirely.

Choose to do what has to be done, don't get distracted with everything that can be done.

Choose to become the best version of yourself everyday; don’t compare yourself to anyone else.

Choose the goals, values, and metrics that matter to you, not what society and marketing tactics have deemed to be worthy.

Choose empowerment, not punishment.

Choose consistent, small improvements; don’t lust at the idea of overnight success.

Choose to make the process its own reward, don't rely on the destination to provide happiness.

Choose to actually apply the above information; don’t merely “Like” it, get motivated for a fleeting moment, and then forget about it.

You’re continuously making choices. Actively choose. Be pragmatic, not passive.

I needed a few reminders the other day, so I thought you might appreciate it too.

Stay strong,

Nia"

@Flossbolna hope you are doing ok with worrying about Michael and I hope that he and his family are safe and well.

Well I managed to do all of my activities today. Food not really on track - but pay day tomorrow so will be able to restock.

When I was at the exercise physiologist on the weekend they had a quote up that is sticking with me at the moment - "Those that don't make time for wellness will be forced to make time for illness". I am trying hard to find my wellness time this week.

Hello everybody! Sorry for the long silence! I just was too frazzled for the DIS over the weekend! Michael is ok, his house did not get much damage at all and miracously he never lost power! Of course, the storm is devastating and still going on in Central and Northern Florida. What a mess of a hurricane!

I will be back with the QOTD later, but if you want to post your results for the first week (or better 10 days) of the month, go ahead and I will try to get them together. I am at 28.5 %. The last two days I just did not have any energy to track, but now I am back and hopefully will be able to make up what I lost!!

Also for some bizarre reason yesterday the scale finally went down by two pounds to a number which might be the lowest one of the year. But today it jumped up again...

I didn't weigh myself this morning. I got out of bed late and was rushing to get out of the house. We will see how long I make at work today. All day yesterday my ear felt funny and was kind of echoey. I woke up at 5 with it really hurting. No wonder why babies scream so much with ear infections. This pain is horrible. If it continues I will get it checked this afternoon. As long as I am feeling ok (like not being dizzy) I will go work out this afternoon. I will just get on the treadmill and walk but it is better then nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!