Flowers, 5Ks, and Fiancées-A May 2011 TR *Updated 4/30 The Last Update*

ahh wedding pictures! You look absolutely beautiful! And it looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time! I love the little Disney touches that you threw in there and especially love the picture of your rings in the shape of a Mickey head!

i'm planning to throw a couple Disney things into my wedding as well. i think DF and I are going to dance to Elton John's Can you feel the love tonight as our first dance (I found it fitting since we were engaged at Animal Kingdom Lodge) but I really love that you walked back up the aisle to Kiss the Girl. Ariel is my favorite princess too! In fact, just wait until you see my costume for the wine & dine half!

Omg- congratulations!!!!! :bride: You both look so happy and perfect in those photos! I'm so sorry it was storming but the pics look like it was such a blast!

That's crazy that people were being so cranky at WDW back in May. The B&C situation sounded especially insane. I totally would've have glared pointedly! People think that just b/c they're at Disney they're entitled to whatever they want.

And I totally agree about the wheelchair thing- whenever I'm about to get on TSM at DL a wheelchair accompanied by a group of seriously like 15 people shows up and they all get on the ride instantaneously. I don't mind the wheelchair line at all, but lately I've noticed that the majority of wheelchairs take like 10 or more people w/ them. I don't recall experiencing that a few years ago- I thought there was a cap on the number of guests you could bring w/ you.

Because I've known you for so long I have to ask... When will there be a baby alex/alicia??? I need to know!!!!! :rotfl:

Okay, bear with me guys, my computer is broke and it's taking FOREVER to repair the thing. All my stuff has been at a stand-still, including sending wedding pictures to family members that weren't at the event. They are getting very impatient, and I'm going crazy not being able to finish my trip report! (Thankfully, Alex's computer works so I can at least check the DISboards. Unfortunately, the pics aren't on his.)

I love your wedding pictures! You were gorgeous. I love the idea of the hidden mickey rings! I wish I had thought of that for my wedding! :thumbsup2

Thanks! Alex was the one who suggested we put our rings into the shape of a Hidden Mickey. I'm glad he did, too, because I love the pics!

ahh wedding pictures! You look absolutely beautiful! And it looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time! I love the little Disney touches that you threw in there and especially love the picture of your rings in the shape of a Mickey head!

i'm planning to throw a couple Disney things into my wedding as well. i think DF and I are going to dance to Elton John's Can you feel the love tonight as our first dance (I found it fitting since we were engaged at Animal Kingdom Lodge) but I really love that you walked back up the aisle to Kiss the Girl. Ariel is my favorite princess too! In fact, just wait until you see my costume for the wine & dine half!

That would be a good first dance, and I agree, very fitting! :thumbsup2
There were a few other Disney things I wanted to throw into the wedding, but I decided to keep the event toned down. Nobody on Alex's side of the family and only my immediate family are big Disney lovers, so I figured I'd give them a break and keep the Magic to a minimum. It was hard, though!:laughing:

Can't wait to see your next costume, they're always so cute!:wizard:

Omg- congratulations!!!!! :bride: You both look so happy and perfect in those photos! I'm so sorry it was storming but the pics look like it was such a blast!

That's crazy that people were being so cranky at WDW back in May. The B&C situation sounded especially insane. I totally would've have glared pointedly! People think that just b/c they're at Disney they're entitled to whatever they want.

And I totally agree about the wheelchair thing- whenever I'm about to get on TSM at DL a wheelchair accompanied by a group of seriously like 15 people shows up and they all get on the ride instantaneously. I don't mind the wheelchair line at all, but lately I've noticed that the majority of wheelchairs take like 10 or more people w/ them. I don't recall experiencing that a few years ago- I thought there was a cap on the number of guests you could bring w/ you.

That is frustrating. It causes you to have to wait a good 15 more minutes after you've already been standing there for what seems like forever. I totally agree that there should be a limit. I mean, one person's in a wheelchair...not 15.
And I know Alex was definitely giving the grandmother at BC the evil eye!:laughing:

Because I've known you for so long I have to ask... When will there be a baby alex/alicia??? I need to know!!!!! :rotfl:

Aaahhh!!!....(Amusingly enough, at the wedding, our guests began a pool as to when we'll have a baby. I think the majority of the bets landed on a year. AND my Maid of Honor gave me a Disney baby outfit when she saw me at the rehersal.:sad2:)
In reality, though, Alex and I have agreed not to even start discussing future children until after our first anniversary. And then it'll just be figuring out when we want one. So, no baby for us for AT LEAST two years.
(Even though Alex has already decided what the kid's first Disney ride will be and what character he/she will meet first.:confused3)

Looks like it was a beautiful wedding! I'm so happy for you.:goodvibes

Thank you!:wizard:

Evening Extra Magic Hours May 8th:

Alex and I were very ready to utilize our Extra Magic Hours at Hollywood Studios. We looked left and right, debated whether or not to head straight to the roller coasters or to wait a little while longer.

As insane as Pixar Place is with TSM, it is actually a very cool street when there are low crowds. Since there wasn't a hundred heads blocking my view, I was able to see all the Toy Story decorations on the brick walls and the topiaries.

I also realized how much I liked the glass display case at the front of TSM when it is lit up at night. Due to the fact that the TSM line wasn't outrageous (only a 30 minute wait) I was able to enjoy watching guests walk past the case; I could see how excited they were.

DH (Wow...Alex is now considered a DH. Makes me a little nostalgic to think that when I first began writing a PTR, he was just a DBF.) and I agreed that we needed a rematch on the attraction. I had gotten my second wind and was ready to beat DH this time around.

We walked up to the entrance and the CMs exclaimed, "You're back!" (I know I posted it months ago, but when the two of us went on the ride the first time, the CMs congratulated us on our engagement.) They waved to us and even gave DH a high-five.

It was so sweet, having someone remember and be so polite to the two of us.

As I mentioned earlier, the wait time was posted at 30 minutes, but it was nowhere near that long. Every time I have had to do the standby line for TSM, I feel every minute. There are a few attractions that I can keep my attention for the length of the wait (such a RNRC and EE) and TSM is not one of those. Don't get me wrong, I love the queue area-love it. I think it's so detailed and intricate, b
ut I get so restless waiting for our turn which makes me hesitant to ride it.

Thankfully, we zipped through the line.
Dsc04705.jpg

Unlike the last round, I didn't have time to take pictures of the cars entering the loading dock. By the time we were sent into our corrals.

I tried my best and for more than half the ride I was ahead of DH.

But then...we got to that alien lassoing screen and I kissed my lead goodbye.:rotfl:

Dsc04706.jpg
Even though DH beat me for the fifth or so time, at least my score improved.
I get better and better every time. :woohoo:

DH was pretty excited about this:

Dsc04707.jpg

I think being able to get the highest score in the car helps DH love TSM so much.

Leaving the ride, DH and I took a left and began walking towards the entrance. We came to this attraction:

Dsc04711.jpg

And I asked DH if we could see it. We had gone to it in December, and I remembered the show from my trip when I was 7. At that time, though, Ursula scared the heebies out of me. I always really like the Voyage of the Little Mermaid, but DH was giving me that, "I'm not in a Princessy mood" look.
I could have gotten him to sit through the singing and the bubbles, but I decided to be a good fiancée and pass. Now, though, I wish I had, because the attraction seems to be under repair for a good chunk of time.

DH and I kept going, looking at the lights and all the activity going on around us. In front of the Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant, there was a cluster of trees with dancing lights strung among the leaves. For some reason, I found them quaint and entertaining. I briefly plopped down on a brick wall and watched them for a couple seconds.

Dsc04717.jpg

We took a quick right after seeing the lights and stopped at a PP spot to get a few pictures.
6.jpg

I wanted some nice shots of us in front of the Sorcerer's Hat when it was lit up at night. I know a lot of people aren't huge fans of DHS but I really enjoy the park, especially when it is nighttime. The blue lights that shine from the hat and all the hustle and bustle on Sunset Blvd fascinate me.

I hate to say that DHS is # 3 on my park favorite list, because it makes it sound like I hate the place. Then again, I don't like making a favorite to least favorite list, because all 4 parks are so different that it's like comparing apples to oranges.

To me, DHS at night feels like the "cool" park to be at. Like, it's where the Plastics would hang out if they were at Disney at night. I don't ever really think about my age when I'm at Disney, but I kind of feel my young adult-ness when I'm strolling towards Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. :cool2:

Speaking of which, that's where DH and I headed after our pictures.
We had gone on RNRC 4 times that morning, which, to any normal adult would have been plenty, but not to Alex and me. We were ready for another fix.

Entering the area, I noticed that the attraction sign changed colors every few seconds. I'd never seen that before, and I LOVED it.

f1 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

f2 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

When I had taken about six photos of the same sign, DH and I showed a CM our KTTW cards and walked onto the ride.

Every time we ride RNRC, DH tells me to look out for the Hidden Mickey on the car license's plates, but I don't wear my glasses on this ride and therefore, miss it every time. So, DH, thinking on his feet, zoomed in on one of the cars and took a picture of the plate for me.

Dsc04730.jpg

We ended up riding RNRC 3 times that night. (Which meant 7 times total that day!!) Alex and I acted completely goofy and bragged that we broke double digits on the ride.

Exiting the ride for the last time, I noticed how cool Tower of Terror looked lit up at night.

Dsc04738.jpg

I peeked over to the ToT line and saw that it was empty. I pointed it out to DH and offered to sit and relax while he went on it, but he declined. He's so sweet; I would never be that considerate. Any ride he passes over, I will hop in the single rider line. :lmao:

I went back to one of the low brick walls outside the RNRC gift shop and let me feet rest. From where I was sitting, I realized how neat the two coasters looked side by side.
Dsc04742.jpg

It was a really nice to see, and I enjoyed sitting with Alex and basking in the summer night air. I was afraid it would be super muggy out, but it wasn't. A little hot, but nothing that made me uncomfortable.

I sent DH for a picture, and he made a funny pose! (Even though he didn't point in the right direction)

Dsc04749.jpg

It's one of my favorite photos of that evening, because it kind of summed up our day. It was just a lot of fun. We didn't rush around like chickens with our heads cut off, but we still did so many turns on a couple rides.

It was about 11pm, and both of us were finished with DHS. We loved the park, but there were 2 other places we hadn't visited, and we were ready for our next day's adventure.

So, we hitched a ride on the park's tram and crawled into our car. (And thanks to our handy dandy camera, we knew exactly where our vehicle was parked.)

DH drove us back to All Star Sports, while I gushed about my favorite moments of the day. And somehow I got on the subject of buying Annual Passes. I began campaigning for buying one sometime in 2012, when I started to notice DH rummaging frantically around.

I'm the type of person that's against distractions while driving. I don't text, barely call, and sometimes radio-hop, but only because I don't have to look at my dashboard to do it.

Alex, on the other hand, isn't as big on that stuff. He talks on the phone ALL THE TIME, which makes me a little nuts. However, we have agreed that he’d keep all that to a minimum when I'm in the car with him.
So, seeing him messing around with stuff and not listening to me got me confused.

"What're you doing?"

I noticed his wallet sitting in his lap, open.

"I can't find my KTTW card."

99.5% of the time, DH is the calm and cool person. He barely ever freaks out, because my franticness makes up for his lack thereof. So to see him stressing a little made me very alert.

"What do you mean?"

DH explained to me that he had his KTTW card in a very particular pocket in his wallet, and he guessed that during one of the times he pulled the card out to get on a ride during EMH, he must have misplaced it.

Rather than his purplish-blue room key, he was holding another card.

"I pulled this out and thought it was my card, and I just now noticed that it wasn't."

I grabbed his wallet while DH pulled onto the All Star Sports road.
I immediately found the correct card, tucked behind a library card.

Immensely relieved, DH let out a laugh as we came upon the entrance gate.

"So...that was interesting: I was trying to give the gate guard my suicide prevention card."

We both burst out laughing. Not because it was funny, but just because of how random the situation would have been.
As part of his job, DH had to attend a seminar on the problems of suicide and how to prevent it, and he ended up getting a card for his efforts.

I could only imagine that poor gate guard's face if we had presented that rather than our Disney card.

It gave us something to chat about while we unloaded ourselves from the car and headed towards our room.

"Well, maybe he needed someone to talk to;you could've helped him out."

"He probably would have gotten offended, he would've thought we thought he looked depressed or something."

"It would have at least livened his night up, a little. Imagine how dull it must get at that gate."

"Think about the conversation he would've had in the staff room, later. "Hey guys, watch out for the guests in the Black Cobalt, they'll try to hand you supportive cards."

It was such a random and funny way to end the night, that DH and I went to bed anxiously looking forward to what tomorrow's adventure would bring.

Up Next...I See Flashing Lights

Last edited:
Yay for an update! I completely get what you mean about MGM (yes, it's still MGM to me) being the "cool" night park. I love it. :goodvibes I always do the nighttime EMH there just to be there later in the night and ride RNR a million times. :rotfl: I'm glad Alex didn't really lose his KTTW card.

Love your comparison of apples to oranges. Every park is so different that we really shouldn't compare them! I love the picture of you guys in front of the Hat!! Adorable! I love ToT at night...Jasmine and I used to ride it over and over again, I loved how thepark looked from the top at night! It is a beautiful park at night!

DHS is so cool at night!! I never really stay past 7 or so when I am there and have never done EMH there...everything lit up is awesome! I really like the picture you got where you can see RnR and ToT at the same time lit up :thumbsup2

DBF and I have the TSM game for Wii and he beats me EVERY single game so I am sure he is going to beat me when we ride the actual attraction :3dglasses

Good thing you didn't hand the wrong card over, that would be a very interesting convo :lmao:

Yay for an update! I completely get what you mean about MGM (yes, it's still MGM to me) being the "cool" night park. I love it. :goodvibes I always do the nighttime EMH there just to be there later in the night and ride RNR a million times. :rotfl: I'm glad Alex didn't really lose his KTTW card.

RNRC a million times at night is the best!

Love your comparison of apples to oranges. Every park is so different that we really shouldn't compare them! I love the picture of you guys in front of the Hat!! Adorable! I love ToT at night...Jasmine and I used to ride it over and over again, I loved how thepark looked from the top at night! It is a beautiful park at night!

Oooh, you are so brave! ToT is not my cup of tea, at all!:rotfl:

DHS is so cool at night!! I never really stay past 7 or so when I am there and have never done EMH there...everything lit up is awesome! I really like the picture you got where you can see RnR and ToT at the same time lit up :thumbsup2

DBF and I have the TSM game for Wii and he beats me EVERY single game so I am sure he is going to beat me when we ride the actual attraction :3dglasses

Good thing you didn't hand the wrong card over, that would be a very interesting convo :lmao:

I never noticed the two rides before, so I thought it was a really cool photo oppurtunity.

I don't know why we can't beat the guys. :confused3 One day!

If you take a quick peek at my signature, you’ll notice a change. I have a new ticker!!!

Right after the wedding, my mom made a final decision; she’s going to participate in the Expedition Everest 5K next year! Although, the official date for the race hasn’t been announced yet, I’ve seen the potential date is set at May 5th, so that’s what we’re saying until we hear differently.

She is really excited to do her first ever 5K, and she’s already training. And, the best thing about this whole thing is, we are getting an awesome Disney trip out of this!

This trip is going to be the biggest one yet! Right now, the trip is looking like it’ll start off with Alex and I, then my mom will join us, then it’ll be just us two women.

My mom and I have already started planning, which seems a little ridiculous, but it keeps building the trip excitement.

I have to catch myself, because sometimes I tend to talk more about our May trip than about our upcoming Disney cruise!

Morning of May 9th:

Alex and I woke up about 7:30 that morning, which wasn’t a bad time at all. We both felt very well-rested and were excited to get going.

Earlier that night, as I was getting ready to fall onto my pillow and doze off, I caught sight of something flashing from the other side of the room. I was laying in the bed closest to the bathroom, and the flashing light was coming from next to the table, pretty much all the way on the other side of the room.

Anyone who read my December trip report knows that flashing lights mean something very bad for me.

So, instead of turning over on my side and flying off to la-la land, I jumped out of bed, flew across the carpet, and gave the light a slightly demented stare.

The chirpy little orange light was coming from the camera battery, which was hooked into its charger. To work correctly, the light should have been a solid color. When it flashes (which I learned the hard way) it means it’s not connected properly and won’t be doing its job.

This evil little camera was trying to thwart my Epcot day for a second time!

Not again!

I unplugged the charger, moved it to a new outlet, and watched for a few minutes to make sure the battery was in its right place.
Apparently, my camera does not like Epcot, because it wanted to, once again, have an empty battery the morning of.

(Side note- Alex bought an extra battery so that for future trips, it’ll be a moot point.)

That morning, I told DH what happened and he checked the camera to make sure it’d be all right.

It was.

I grabbed a quick shower while DH went to the food court and filled our refillable mugs. (I got coffee, he got Coke.)

We left the resort about 8:30am.

f1 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

I liked our view from the elevator to our car, because we were able to see All Star Music and other parts of the Sports resort.

I tried to get a good picture of the Epcot entrance, but I took it too late:

f2 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

I was so excited to be entering a new park, that I wasn’t paying much attention to the signs.

After about a ten minute drive, we were directed into a parking spot.

And, like always, we took a picture of our row:

f3 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

We had arrived so early, that our parking spot was excellent. We were able to walk to the entrance.

f4 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

I love getting to the parks when it’s first opening. Everyone’s anticipation is so apparent, it practically thickens the air. Kids jumping up and down, mom’s holding onto their hands and pointing to structures, dad’s rifling around in backpacks, making sure all tickets are accounted for. All around you hear a multitude of different languages and the monorail zooming past your head; you could close your eyes and know exactly where you were. There’s nowhere else that you hear that combination of sounds and smells.
And in the morning, barely anybody’s cranky yet. The sun hasn’t worn anyone out so it’s just a bunch of smiles and laughs.

Alex and I got through bag check and the ticket turnstiles easily and as soon as we entered the park, we noticed a couple topiaries greeting us.
Dsc04769.jpg

Buzz was giving us a warm welcome, with Lotso in the background, offering up floral hugs.

To the left of them was:

Dsc04770.jpg

The temporary sheriff of Epcot. I loved his badge and was slightly surprised at how intricate these hedges were.

In case you’re wondering why Toy Story characters were greeting guests, it was because the:

Dsc04771.jpg
Was going on!

I was looking forward to seeing everything the Flower and Garden Festival had to offer, because I knew how detailed Epcot made its special events. And from the first 100 feet, I could tell they hadn’t disappointed.

On the other side of the topiaries and in front of the globe was a PP taking pictures. There was one family waiting in line, so DH and I figured it’d be nice to get a few photos. We waited about five minutes before it was our turn, and that was because the photographer, Jose, was being very in-depth.
When it was our turn, it was like our own private photo session!

He didn’t care that there were half a dozen people waiting for pictures, he took his time and made unique poses for each family.

He had DH and I stand in front of the globe:

23.jpg

Then, he moved us to the flowers and sat us on a low concrete wall. He proceeded to take photos of side by side, kissing, and with my ring hand on my shoulder.

28.jpg

34.jpg

If anyone watches Hawaii Five-O (the new one) and knows the character that runs the shaved ice concession stand, that was who Jose reminded me of. He was very sweet, and after taking a dozen pictures of us, he told us, “Next year, you come with a ring (referring to Alex’s wedding band) and remember…I’m Jose.”

It was such a pleasant way to begin our day. And we ended up buying a nice 5x7 picture frame in MK and put one of his pictures in it. It’s now residing on my computer desk, and friends have complimented it several times.

The two of us moved on, walking past Spaceship Earth.

Dsc04774.jpg

I said earlier I love Disney in the morning, but, in truth, I love Epcot mornings.
I know everyone loves any park morning, because they each are special (MK has the opening ceremony, AK has lively animals, DHS has TSM dash) but there’s something about Epcot that I love.

If I had to choose my favorite way to start my mornings, I would pick Epcot.

My friend says that’ll change when I have kids and will want to take them to Magic Kingdom, but for now, I just love the mornings there.

I guess it’s because everything is so spread out, that it doesn’t feel very hustle and bustle. You can walk fifty feet and the distance is so quiet and peaceful. Some crowds head to Soarin’, others head to Test, while others moan and groan that WS hasn’t opened yet.

DH and I opted to skip Soarin’ this time. We had another attraction that DH wanted to do.

On our way, we saw Daisy Duck:

Dsc04775.jpg

We didn’t do more than glance at her as we walked past, though. Neither of us are big Daisy fans.

Walking along, we passed under this area:

f5 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

It’s going to sound crazy, but I love this walkway!

I know, I know, in Epcot there’s a dozen iconic spots to have fond memories of, but I always get all happy and nostalgic when I see these signs.
You see, I don’t remember much about my trips to Disney a child. I didn’t take pictures, didn’t absorb the sights and smells, didn’t process all the emotions I was feeling, except…I remembered that spot.

I remember, at 14, strolling through the area with my dad and brother, straining to see MissionSpace up ahead. Isaac and I joked about how many times we’d ride it, while my mother lagged behind and looked in MouseGears. I also remember going through it when it was just my mom and I, and we were going to Test Track for the very first time.

Then, of course, I remember sitting inside the Electric Umbrella with Alex while it was raining and cold in December.

The weirdest things hold such great memories…

Walking through that place, DH and I took a right and came upon:

f6 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

One of DH’s favorite rides.

We nabbed some fastpasses for 9:55 and 10:55:

f7 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

And then we went into the standby line. There was about a twenty minute wait, but it was well worth it. DH never gets bored looking around the queue, and I always get a kick out of the video.

“Seven.”

“Seven?!”

A CM sent us to number 2, which was fine by us.

f8 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

DH snapped this picture while I was busy climbing into our car.

Dsc04797.jpg

Is it just me or are the Test Track cars really hard to get in and out of? I never know where to put my foot, because I don’t want to step on the seat and get my dirt on someone’s pants. Plus, the cars are really deep!

And I always feel rushed when exiting, because I can see the line of people waiting impatiently for me to leave so that they can get in. AND…it never fails, my lanyard gets tangled into the seatbelt and I spend thirty seconds struggling with the knot while my bag hangs precariously off my shoulder.

It makes me a little paranoid…

DH kept his camera out and attempted to take some pictures on the ride (without flash, I might say. We both hate flashes during rides.)
f9 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

f10 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

When we got off the ride, I saw our ride photo and just shook my head:

f11 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

I hope the other guests in the car weren’t planning on buying that picture, because DH looks so tacky, with his camera covering his face.

The ride dumped us in the car showroom area, which distracted DH for a good ten minutes.

Dsc04823.jpg

When I was eventually able to peel him off the Camaro’s seat, we bypassed the gift shop and walked back outside.

In my opinion, this is one of the coolest signs in the park:

f12 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

We had some ideas of what we wanted to do, but I’ll save that for the next update.

Up Next..Retiring Our Orange Cards For Good.

Last edited:
I'm just catching up with your TR! Lol your TSMM score is way better than mine! I have to agree that each park is different and I laughed out loud at your journey home and the possibility of giving the CM the wring card! :laughing:

Love the pics of you guys at Epcot and have to agree in that it is hard to get in and out of them Test Track cars!

:woohoo: on having a new ticker!!!

eek! I am really late in joining sorry

I am loving your TR! :thumbsup2

I know what you mean about park openings! It's so true that no one has had a chance to get worn out or cranky yet...unlike the end of the day where everyone is stumbling out looking like they are about to pass out and all the kids are either dead to the world or tantruming up a storm!

hahaha I hate how awkward it can get when you have to get out of a ride when the next group is ready to load. I swear all co-ordination goes out the window and I manage to step on my own feet and get wrapped up in the seatbelt and take an extra 5 mins...awkwarddd

haha can you imagine if you had given the guard that card! :lmao:

DF and I had a lot of fun competing against each other, but when the scores came in, it appeared I’d lost once more.
Image7-13.jpg

You beat him on accuracy! ;)

I'm just catching up with your TR! Lol your TSMM score is way better than mine! I have to agree that each park is different and I laughed out loud at your journey home and the possibility of giving the CM the wring card! :laughing:

Love the pics of you guys at Epcot and have to agree in that it is hard to get in and out of them Test Track cars!

:woohoo: on having a new ticker!!!

It really is!
Haha, guess we both need practice on the TSM ride. :lmao:

eek! I am really late in joining sorry

I am loving your TR! :thumbsup2

I know what you mean about park openings! It's so true that no one has had a chance to get worn out or cranky yet...unlike the end of the day where everyone is stumbling out looking like they are about to pass out and all the kids are either dead to the world or tantruming up a storm!

hahaha I hate how awkward it can get when you have to get out of a ride when the next group is ready to load. I swear all co-ordination goes out the window and I manage to step on my own feet and get wrapped up in the seatbelt and take an extra 5 mins...awkwarddd

haha can you imagine if you had given the guard that card! :lmao:

Thanks for joining in!

Coordination really does go out the window when leaving rides. It's like you psych yourself out by trying to hard not to stumble and to be quick. I just hate how people waiting behind me always give me a look that says, "I've waited in line for an hour for this ride. My feet hurt, my clothes are dripping with sweat, do NOT stand in my way!" :laughing:

You beat him on accuracy! ;)

I did!! :woohoo: I didn't even notice that! Gotta take my wins where I can get them.

I wish I was posting a TR update right now, but unfortunately, I am spending the weekend making and writing thank-you cards. I needed to get them out of the way before the cruise.

Speaking of the cruise...

I just had to post and say, it's 2 weeks away! :beach:

Annnnddddd.....

I know I mentioned it a few times, but it has become official....

Alex called WDW yesterday and booked us 2 nights at Pop Century!

We're going to be there the 23rd through the 25th. :wizard:

And, if that wasn't enough, he got us MNSSHP tickets for the 23rd!

The CM he talked to was extremely nice. Her name was Eleanor, and she was the funniest person to speak with. Every time we have called in the past, we have had terrible experience, but this woman went above and beyond what she had to do.

She asked us what we wanted to see at MNSSHP and when we said the Headless Horseman, she gave us a great tip on where to sit so we are up close to him.

I've heard some bad reviews of the party (the DIS Unplugged gave it a 5-6 on a ten point scale. Yikes!) however, I think Alex and I are going to have fun. Our main goal is to ride some of the rides that normally have longer waits and to try and see the fireworks. I think with our expectations being pretty mellow, we'll be all right.

I am still a little shocked that in 3 weeks we will be at WDW again! (Although, Alex loves to point out that 2 days isn't going to be near enough time. Thanks, Husband, as if I don't already dread the 25th :laughing:)

I should have the next update up by Tuesday or Wednesday, at the latest.

I was really hoping you would update today as well but like you said those thank you cards have to be written! I will continue to wait patiently! :laughing:

:woohoo: on your cruise being 2 WEEKS AWAY!!!! :banana: I think you guys will love Pop and MNSSHP! I'll let you in on a secret that Zaheer who was very sceptical about the party actually was glad to be there so am pretty sure you both will have a blast!

I'm glad you got a really nice CM who gave you tips for the party. Looking forward to the next update.

How exciting your cruise is going to be here before you know it!! We are going to the MNSSHP on October 16th...it will be our first time as well and I have heard some mixed reviews as well. DBF really wants to see the headless horseman..but I am not sure where to be to see that :confused3

DBF listened to the podcast as well and heard bad reviews...I am hoping we can still make the best of it and enjoy night time at MK...like you said we are keeping out expectations mellow :thumbsup2

You are going to be in WDW the weekend we are leaving!! we actually leave on the afternoon of the 23rd!

I loved that update! I know exactly what you mean about Epcot mornings, it's the one place in the World that you don't feel clumped together and rushed! When you were talking about your trips when you were younger, it made me think of all the memories Jasmine has of growing up with Disney trips and how lucky she is! I hope to be able to tag along when she is married and takes her own children!

Great pictures too btw! I laughed when you were talking about getting in and out of the TT cars...I feel that way about Space Mountain, so now I just don't go :lmao: Silly, I know, but I don't enjoy the ride because I'm so paranoid about how I look getting out!:rolleyes1

I was really hoping you would update today as well but like you said those thank you cards have to be written! I will continue to wait patiently! :laughing:

:woohoo: on your cruise being 2 WEEKS AWAY!!!! :banana: I think you guys will love Pop and MNSSHP! I'll let you in on a secret that Zaheer who was very sceptical about the party actually was glad to be there so am pretty sure you both will have a blast!

I'm glad you got a really nice CM who gave you tips for the party. Looking forward to the next update.

I'm glad Zaheer enjoyed the party! I know I should've waited to read how it went in your TR, but I was dying to know. :laughing:

How exciting your cruise is going to be here before you know it!! We are going to the MNSSHP on October 16th...it will be our first time as well and I have heard some mixed reviews as well. DBF really wants to see the headless horseman..but I am not sure where to be to see that :confused3

DBF listened to the podcast as well and heard bad reviews...I am hoping we can still make the best of it and enjoy night time at MK...like you said we are keeping out expectations mellow :thumbsup2

You are going to be in WDW the weekend we are leaving!! we actually leave on the afternoon of the 23rd!

Well, the CM on the phone said she attended the party on the 23rd (I think) and said that she went to the 2nd parade and sat at the very beginning of the parade route. She said it was to the left of the main street circle, near the bathrooms, and that when the horseman came out, they were about 5 feet from him.
Now, whether that's true or not, I don't know...

I went back on your PTR a few weeks ago and noticed that you guys were leaving on the day we arrived. And we're both, amusingly enough, going to be in Magic Kingdom, just at different parts of the day. (We're getting there for the party between 4 and 5.)

I loved that update! I know exactly what you mean about Epcot mornings, it's the one place in the World that you don't feel clumped together and rushed! When you were talking about your trips when you were younger, it made me think of all the memories Jasmine has of growing up with Disney trips and how lucky she is! I hope to be able to tag along when she is married and takes her own children!

Great pictures too btw! I laughed when you were talking about getting in and out of the TT cars...I feel that way about Space Mountain, so now I just don't go :lmao: Silly, I know, but I don't enjoy the ride because I'm so paranoid about how I look getting out!:rolleyes1

I love thinking back to all my childhood memories at WDW; they are still talked about at family dinners to this day! Which is probably one of the many reasons why I love the place.

Space Mtn cars are really hard! Alex is 6'1" and he really dislikes how they are set up. His poor knees are scrunched up to his ears, and it makes him very uncomfortable. So, I can see him forfeiting the ride eventually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter