Florida Resident Rates

Do you know if the FLR cruises are refundable? I see that we can put a hold on it. Have you ever done that before?

If it is past the official pay-in-full (PIF) date, no it won't be refundable. FLR usually isn't offered until after the PIF date. If they allow a hold with no deposit, then that will just drop if you never pay the deposit.

Enjoy your cruise!

Congrats!

Usually the rates (FLA, MTO) are released after PIF so all money is expected. The only time I've taken advantage of last min rates was a military rate for a cruise two months out so I did pay in full when reserving.

I hope you enjoy your cruise-I've had 2 Eastern Caribbean rescheduled but I would LOVE to go on one, someday. It's a gorgeous area but warning- DCL can be addictive. :)

Congrats!

Usually the rates (FLA, MTO) are released after PIF so all money is expected. The only time I've taken advantage of last min rates was a military rate for a cruise two months out so I did pay in full when reserving.

I hope you enjoy your cruise-I've had 2 Eastern Caribbean rescheduled but I would LOVE to go on one, someday. It's a gorgeous area but warning- DCL can be addictive. :)
I’ve been trying to convince Dh to go on a cruise for awhile but he just didn’t see himself liking it unless it was a European one. I think it’ll be fun to try something new. We’ve been going to wdw a lot and I feel like we’re getting more for our money with the cruise.
Have fun Haley! You will love it!! We are cruising this summer on the Magic.

Have fun planning!
Thanks! I can’t wait to start planning. We did the choice where they pick the stateroom for us. It said deck 7, 5c. I don’t really care either way. They gave us the second dining which I’m super happy about!

think it’ll be fun to try something new. We’ve been going to wdw a lot and I feel like we’re getting more for our money with the cruise.

I hope you love it! My DH was very resistant to cruising at first and now he looks forward to them almost as much as I do. I'm excited for you!!!

I hope you love it! My DH was very resistant to cruising at first and now he looks forward to them almost as much as I do. I'm excited for you!!!
Maybe dh will change his thinking lol. I'm very excited! I can't wait to start looking at some excursions

I see the 2972 also - But I do know the OP wants a 4 day cruise.

Also the cruise price jumps depending on the room you choose.

We ended up putting a hold on the 7 night cruise. Dh said he could get the PTO for it. We just bought gcs from target to at least get the 5% off. I’m so excited!!

Congratulations Haley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We booked our first FL resident rate just as a 3 day hold to "think about it".... :rotfl2: We paid in full the next morning and send our FL ID off right away (you do have to pay in full - and also provide ID w/in 72 hours I think).

Did you book the 11/2 cruise? If you did you may get to see Castaway Cay decorated for Christmas even though it isn't a Very Merry Cruise. We were on the boat for Halloween and got off on 11/5 - the island was decorated. The crew said they boat would not be decorated for the next cruise - but we did see them putting out Xmas stuff i the stores on debarkation day.

Congratulations Haley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We booked our first FL resident rate just as a 3 day hold to "think about it".... :rotfl2: We paid in full the next morning and send our FL ID off right away (you do have to pay in full - and also provide ID w/in 72 hours I think).

Did you book the 11/2 cruise? If you did you may get to see Castaway Cay decorated for Christmas even though it isn't a Very Merry Cruise. We were on the boat for Halloween and got off on 11/5 - the island was decorated. The crew said they boat would not be decorated for the next cruise - but we did see them putting out Xmas stuff i the stores on debarkation day.
How do we send our ID in? I didn’t even think about having to do that. It didn’t give me any information about that.

Right now I’m having issues with the Disney gc website which is frustrating.

That would be so cool to see it decorated for Christmas!

How do we send our ID in? I didn’t even think about having to do that. It didn’t give me any information about that.

Right now I’m having issues with the Disney gc website which is frustrating.

That would be so cool to see it decorated for Christmas!

It's been a few years since I've done a FRR but we had to fax the ID to DCL. If you booked FL resident they should have told you where to send it; I would just call them, but I know we had to get it to them in order to keep the cruise/rate. Maybe someone else has booked one more recently to confirm how fast you need to do it- but I know you do have to prove residency.

It's been a few years since I've done a FRR but we had to fax the ID to DCL. If you booked FL resident they should have told you where to send it; I would just call them, but I know we had to get it to them in order to keep the cruise/rate. Maybe someone else has booked one more recently to confirm how fast you need to do it- but I know you do have to prove residency.
I found it in very small print at the bottom of my email:
  • Florida Resident Rate: Proof of Florida resident is required for at least one adult member on the reservation within 48 hours of booking. Failure to submit complete identification will result in a cancellation with applicable cancellation fees. Proper form of verification must be sent either via e-mail to: offerverification@disneycruise.com.
I'm really glad you mentioned that because I would not have done it otherwise

I went ahead and emailed a scanned copy of my driver's license so I should be good to go. Time to start checking in for our cruise!

I found it in very small print at the bottom of my email:
  • Florida Resident Rate: Proof of Florida resident is required for at least one adult member on the reservation within 48 hours of booking. Failure to submit complete identification will result in a cancellation with applicable cancellation fees. Proper form of verification must be sent either via e-mail to: offerverification@disneycruise.com.
I'm really glad you mentioned that because I would not have done it otherwise
Me too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter