Florida Resident Rates

Haley R

DIS Veteran
We just recently moved to Florida and have never done a Disney Cruise before, but really want to in November. There are hardly any options for FLR rates right now. When do you expect to see more released, particularly for sometime in November?

Most of them will show up ~3 months before the cruise. However, it really depends on how Disney views the booking patterns. If a particular cruise is selling well, then the likelihood of a FLR or other discounted rate diminishes.

Most of them will show up ~3 months before the cruise. However, it really depends on how Disney views the booking patterns. If a particular cruise is selling well, then the likelihood of a FLR or other discounted rate diminishes.
Okay sounds good. Thanks! I guess I'll just keep waiting and see if anything pops up. We want to do a 4-night Bahamas cruise out of Port Canaveral since it's a short drive from us. I really hope they had some FLR discounts.

If you don't see a FL resident rate you can always check out the Guaranteed rates. You pick the view you want and let Disney book the room, you can save some money that way as well. DH and I have done both, and for our guaranteed room we hit the jackpot with one of the extra large double large porthole accessible rooms.

Also look at the cruises immediately after Thanksgiving - they are usually good rates. We sailed on the Fantasy the Saturday after Thanksgiving in 2018 and the ship was super quiet.

If you don't see a FL resident rate you can always check out the Guaranteed rates. You pick the view you want and let Disney book the room, you can save some money that way as well. DH and I have done both, and for our guaranteed room we hit the jackpot with one of the extra large double large porthole accessible rooms.

Also look at the cruises immediately after Thanksgiving - they are usually good rates. We sailed on the Fantasy the Saturday after Thanksgiving in 2018 and the ship was super quiet.
What would you say is a good rate? I've been told not to pay more than $250 pp/night, but I'm looking at verandahs and those are more than $250 pp/night. So here are some examples of what I'm seeing as far as cheapest options:

Nov 4-$2,468 ($308.50 per person/night)
Dec 2-$2476 ($309.50 per person/night)

Do those seem high to you or about right for a verandah?

What would you say is a good rate? I've been told not to pay more than $250 pp/night, but I'm looking at verandahs and those are more than $250 pp/night. So here are some examples of what I'm seeing as far as cheapest options:

Nov 4-$2,468 ($308.50 per person/night)
Dec 2-$2476 ($309.50 per person/night)

Do those seem high to you or about right for a verandah?

Your looking at the Dream? I honestly can't tell you about the 3 or 4 day trips and pricing because we only do 7 day cruises. I know we looked at doing a 3/4 day b2b but they always came out to be more expensive than the 7 day on the Fantasy.

How many people are you sailing with? It's just me and DH, and our Very Merry Cruise that left the Saturday after thanksgiving last year was appx $3,530 for a verandah. We used our on board booking credit to book it, and we are right about at your $250. I should also say that I booked it on opening day so we got in a the lowest fair.

Keep watching, you may luck out. You may also want to check out some of the threads that talk about buying gift cards at discounts to reduce your cost, as well as credit cards with cash back or the Disney Visa for free 6 month financing to lessen the "pain". Some travel agents also give you on board credit.

Hope you find the cruise you want.

Your looking at the Dream? I honestly can't tell you about the 3 or 4 day trips and pricing because we only do 7 day cruises. I know we looked at doing a 3/4 day b2b but they always came out to be more expensive than the 7 day on the Fantasy.

How many people are you sailing with? It's just me and DH, and our Very Merry Cruise that left the Saturday after thanksgiving last year was appx $3,530 for a verandah. We used our on board booking credit to book it, and we are right about at your $250. I should also say that I booked it on opening day so we got in a the lowest fair.

Keep watching, you may luck out. You may also want to check out some of the threads that talk about buying gift cards at discounts to reduce your cost, as well as credit cards with cash back or the Disney Visa for free 6 month financing to lessen the "pain". Some travel agents also give you on board credit.

Hope you find the cruise you want.
Yeah we’re only interested in a 4 day cruise. We already did 3 weeks in Japan earlier this year so don’t want to take too much time off and Dh just got a new job.

It would just be Dh and I. I’ll keep watching and see if the release FL rates. I’m pretty active over on the credit card thread and Disney gift card thread. I haven’t looked at booking through a TA for on board credit so I might need to look at that more. Thanks for your help!

New rates come out today, every Monday actually.
I love Fl. Resident rates, we have saved $$$ through the years.
Hope you find one soon. :-)

I’ve been looking for about a month and nothing has changed but just checked and they added a 7 night in November and a 7 night in December. I’ll have to talk to Dh but I doubt he can take that much work off

I suggest you keep an eye on this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/current-gt-mto-flr-discounts.3244232/ where a couple of posters help keep track of the special offers. It bounces back to the first page frequently. You can get an idea of some rates that have been offered in the past for the cruise of interest.

In general, cruise pricing will increase over time as more people book. Special offers such as FLR typically only are released after the PIF date when penalties take effect for cancelling regular bookings.

Enjoy your cruise!

I suggest you keep an eye on this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/current-gt-mto-flr-discounts.3244232/ where a couple of posters help keep track of the special offers. It bounces back to the first page frequently. You can get an idea of some rates that have been offered in the past for the cruise of interest.

In general, cruise pricing will increase over time as more people book. Special offers such as FLR typically only are released after the PIF date when penalties take effect for cancelling regular bookings.

Enjoy your cruise!
I’ll take a look through that thread. Thanks!

I know we looked at doing a 3/4 day b2b but they always came out to be more expensive than the 7 day on the Fantasy.
Its funny that you say that because every B2B we have taken on the Dream has most definitely been cheaper than the 7 night on the Fantasy during the same week. The 2 stops at CC cay is great for our family and saving money vs. the Fantasy 7 night cruise is a bonus.

I am not saying it is cheaper every time but check the pricing and I am sure you can find some B2B cheaper as we typically find the Fantasy to be be the most expensive ship per night out of Port Canaveral.

That used to be true, but I think they now come out Wednesday night or thursday afternoon. That’s what a CM told me at least.

That used to be true, but I think they now come out Wednesday night or thursday afternoon. That’s what a CM told me at least.
They actually did release some new dates today. There’s a November 2 cruise for $2,962 for a verandah for the 7 night eastern Caribbean cruise.

This is a pretty good rate isn’t it? It would be perfect because my birthday is nov 1

I haven’t looked at booking through a TA for on board credit so I might need to look at that more. Thanks for your help!

The sponsors of these boards are TAs and they have a graduated on board booking of around 5% (it's graduated in stages). So if you're looking at $250/pp/day and pay around $2000 that would be $100 ($2000-$2999 is a $100). This $100 would almost pay for the standard gratuities so it's nice to have it. There are other TAs out there who do the same so just for free money I'd recommend considering a TA or Costco (if there's one around your area-they have a gift card after completion of the cruise of 8% of the fare, I believe).

Haley R. I don’t see that on my FLR page. The only one I see for November 2 $3457. Is there another page I should be looking at besides the special offers page for FLR?

Last edited:
The sponsors of these boards are TAs and they have a graduated on board booking of around 5% (it's graduated in stages). So if you're looking at $250/pp/day and pay around $2000 that would be $100 ($2000-$2999 is a $100). This $100 would almost pay for the standard gratuities so it's nice to have it. There are other TAs out there who do the same so just for free money I'd recommend considering a TA or Costco (if there's one around your area-they have a gift card after completion of the cruise of 8% of the fare, I believe).
Can the TAs book the FLR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter