Florida building a bunch of new RV sites

Here is how close you can get at Camping on the Gulf in Destin..

BFsite2016small-1.jpg

MHbeach2016hazy-1.jpg

j
which campground is that?

I'm right there with you. And sleeping in my own bed.

One trip we came back from MK via boat headed to Hoop Dee Doo for dinner, and the fella's in front of us said "I don't know why anyone would want to stay here", while pointing to the 100 loop.
I kindly informed him it is a great place to stay, I know who slept in my bed, I know my remote control is clean, and I know I do not have bedbugs, I asked him, can you say the same ? I then continued with I have snacks late at night without leaving my "room", it comes with my favorite beverages, even the adult type.
He got very quiet after that and just stood there quietly.

Maybe it's because of my job or that I have stayed in so many places traveling and racing, but the germ/bedbug part doesn't bother me.
I love the Fort because of the atmosphere, amenities, and the outdoors. And you get all that for the cheapest on-site nightly rate!

Shssss. Don't tell anyone.

j

Florida Trade RV Association has had to cancel their show for this year due to lack of dealer inventory. Seen this a few times as well looking at RV show schedules.

RV dealer here in the northeast had 200 vehicles and trailers on it's lot. Was told that virtually none were for sale. All were sold and accounted for. No class A's available until after summer season.

Expand the Fort!

RV and trailer production and shipments for 2020 (especially the 2nd half of the year) were WAY up (some good category and volume data and charts here):

https://www.rvia.org/news-insights/2020-rv-shipments-surpass-2019-6-december-shipments-best-record

2021 is carrying on strong:

https://www.rvia.org/news-insights/february-rv-shipments-30-best-february-record

And it's not predicted to slow down in 2021:

https://www.rvia.org/news-insights/rv-shipments-projected-reach-record-high-2021

They expect a 24% volume increase over 2020 and to break the current record year of 2017.

Bama Ed

PS - PaHunter, folding camping trailers (popups, a-frames) are up 14% so far this year over last. :cloud9:

Disney's response will be to raise the rates. :scared: (even more)
Even when they start getting the $200 a premium site, regularly? What happens when those folks, who stay at the Fort, end up staying in the dreaded world outside the bubble at one of these new campgrounds. 💲goes someplace else far more easily.

Even when they start getting the $200 a premium site, regularly? What happens when those folks, who stay at the Fort, end up staying in the dreaded world outside the bubble at one of these new campgrounds. 💲goes someplace else far more easily.

I hear you, nomorethan8, but I'll believe it when there are not-insignificant numbers of unreserved sites on Christmas week available. Or during Spring Break time/Easter. Or Halloween .....

Other people will take their place at the Fort.

I hear you, nomorethan8, but I'll believe it when there are not-insignificant numbers of unreserved sites on Christmas week available. Or during Spring Break time/Easter. Or Halloween .....

Other people will take their place at the Fort.
Agreed

I'll believe it when there are not-insignificant numbers of unreserved sites on Christmas week available. Or during Spring Break time/Easter. Or Halloween .....
At that point, the game would be over. Too late to expand......This stepchild they call the Fort would be a proud part of any other company's business. I would think that the a lot of other companies would see the future (rvia report) and run with it.
They run what they do have, very well. But it is frustrating that I am thinking about having to make reservations more than a year earlier for Christmas, Spring Break, Easter, the 4th....Are people reserving All Star or Coronado 400 days out?

Expand the Fort!

Thank you ruthies12 for the info. I'll check them out, for sure!

You're welcome! BTW they opened up booking today. I've just had a bit of sticker shock! I booked labor day weekend at this new campground and it was $140 a night :crazy2: Don't think I'll be going there much, which is a shame since it's only 35 minutes from my house and close to KI which I have season passes to, I was really looking forward to this opening but these prices are crazy. I'm hoping they don't book up and are forced to lower their prices, but I doubt it'll happen. I just tried to get a spot in May at our local state park that doesn't even have full hookup and it is completely booked every weekend the whole month already. This camping boom sucks.

Thanks, Ruthies12. I signed up for their email alerts and got one today. Haven't had a chance to explore the booking info they sent so thanks for sharing your $140/night rate. Don't think I'll go there if they're pricing close to FW without the Disney "Magic" 😥

I'll keep my eyes out for one of those "covid is over deals" if we decide to sell our Hybrid. We got it last February and yup we could sell it for more than we bought it for. Texas is building a new State Park, which we are excited for- but I am not sure about any other campgrounds.

We live in Virginia and will be retiring in 5 years or so. We want to travel cross country in our fifth wheel and snow bird some in Florida.

I've been seeing ads and articles about RV lots for sale in gated communities and/or campgrounds. Does anyone have experience and/or thoughts on this?

Thanks!

We live in Virginia and will be retiring in 5 years or so. We want to travel cross country in our fifth wheel and snow bird some in Florida.

I've been seeing ads and articles about RV lots for sale in gated communities and/or campgrounds. Does anyone have experience and/or thoughts on this?

Thanks!
We lived in MD and moved to Florida permanently. The community we live in allows you to build whatever you like. Most houses have RV ports or garages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!