Flight of Passage - No FP+ Availability!

I said earlier there were no FOP FP's for our first day so I switched AK day to our 5th day. Well looked yesterday and the whole first day had a bunch I have now switched our AK day to the first day like I had originally planned.
So 6 days after my FP date opened up they now have a bunch.

Last edited:
Just to echo that you can get them day of if you are persistent. I tried the week before Christmas and got 3 for 3:30 at around 2pm in the afternoon. I think I really lucked out b/c I only refreshed a few times about 5 minutes apart.

Just to echo that you can get them day of if you are persistent. I tried the week before Christmas and got 3 for 3:30 at around 2pm in the afternoon. I think I really lucked out b/c I only refreshed a few times about 5 minutes apart.
I got it 3x in one day near Christmas last year.

Oh good! Thanks for the heads up

Can anyone report back how rope drop is with fop now that we are into June and summer crowds?

I was at animal kingdom on June 2nd. We had a FP for FOP so we were not overly concerned about being there super early. Got there at 7:45 and the lines to get in to the park were backed up to the point they held everyone at bag check until they could clear some people out.
Everyone was let into the park and there was a second checkpoint set up past the ticket scanners where they had cast members scan your magicbands to make sure you were a resort guest.
We went with the crowd towards Pandora. It was a steady stream of people at that time. Most were quickly walking but there were some runners. By the time we got back to the ride it was posted at 60 minutes.
We walked onto the Navi river ride then went about our day. Our fast pass was for 12:50 and when we went back to Pandora they had a 180 minute standby and the navi river ride was posted at 115 minutes.

I was at animal kingdom on June 2nd. We had a FP for FOP so we were not overly concerned about being there super early. Got there at 7:45 and the lines to get in to the park were backed up to the point they held everyone at bag check until they could clear some people out.
Everyone was let into the park and there was a second checkpoint set up past the ticket scanners where they had cast members scan your magicbands to make sure you were a resort guest.
We went with the crowd towards Pandora. It was a steady stream of people at that time. Most were quickly walking but there were some runners. By the time we got back to the ride it was posted at 60 minutes.
We walked onto the Navi river ride then went about our day. Our fast pass was for 12:50 and when we went back to Pandora they had a 180 minute standby and the navi river ride was posted at 115 minutes.
Was this with 8:00 am extra magic hours ? We have planned to be there by 7:45 just to ride Navi and have FP for FOP on another day.

Was this with 8:00 am extra magic hours ? We have planned to be there by 7:45 just to ride Navi and have FP for FOP on another day.

To ride Navi, I would think you would be fine with an arrival between 7:45-8:00 for Extra Magic Hours. To ride FOP, I would plan on arriving around 7AM.

Yes animal kingdom had extra magic hours everyday we were staying. They did not let off site people past the second checkpoint until 9:00. If your staying on site at 7:45-8:00 Navi was walk on... we could have walked around and rode it again with no wait at that time.

60+3 or 4 has always been the sweet spot to get FOP.

If you can get in line before park closing, it may be a better experience than rope drop.

What does this mean? 60+3 is your 60 day date but three days earlier? They let you book them a few days before your actual 60 day? Or am I off?

What does this mean? 60+3 is your 60 day date but three days earlier? They let you book them a few days before your actual 60 day? Or am I off?

When you reach 60 days from the first day of your on site reservation, you will actually be able to make FP reservations for your entire length of stay (up to the number of days on your tickets). So, 60+3 really refers to booking your FP for the 4th day of your stay. But you can book that day or any other day covered by your hotel reservation as soon as you reach 60 days from your checkin day.

When you reach 60 days from the first day of your on site reservation, you will actually be able to make FP reservations for your entire length of stay (up to the number of days on your tickets). So, 60+3 really refers to booking your FP for the 4th day of your stay. But you can book that day or any other day covered by your hotel reservation as soon as you reach 60 days from your checkin day.

Thank you for explaining that.

There were no FOP FP+ for my entire trip. So I snagged a Na'vi River Journey FP+ in the meantime. But I just thought:

Will MDE not show me any FOP FP+ that become available because I have a NRJ booked? I've booked that and Kilimanjaro, with the intention to replace NRJ if something opens up for FOP. Is that a bad plan?

There were no FOP FP+ for my entire trip. So I snagged a Na'vi River Journey FP+ in the meantime. But I just thought:

Will MDE not show me any FOP FP+ that become available because I have a NRJ booked? I've booked that and Kilimanjaro, with the intention to replace NRJ if something opens up for FOP. Is that a bad plan?

I had Na'vi booked for our last trip and was able to see FOP when it became available and modify to make the switch.

Can someone explain what you all mean by 60+2, 60+4, 60-1, etc.? I'm assuming the 60 refers to those staying onsite can book FP+s 60 days out, but what's all the pluses and minuses?

60 is your arrival day, then + each day afterward. I arrive on a Friday, that's 60, Saturday is 60+1, etc. 60-1 must be a mistake, or they are staying offsite the night before maybe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter