Flight of Passage - No FP+ Availability!

That was my problem, too. I wanted to switch my Animal Kingdom day with another day later in our vacation... but it didn’t work with our ADRs and we don’t have the park hopper tickets. A lot of people have commented that they have had good luck snagging a FOP FP before their trip, so I’m keeping the faith. Worst case scenario, we rope-drop the ride but at least there is a great, interactive queue. Last year, I had a FP for FOP and missed out on all of the cool stuff to look at in the standby line. I’m trying to find a silver lining! Lol

If unable to get a FP, we will just start off later in the day at AK and get in line an hour before close! I'm with you, if nothing else the standby line sounds neat to look at!

Just checked my adr schedule and I have us going to AK on 60+3 and day 60+5 which will be the days I’ll book first. Sounds like I might be ok. Have HS on 60+4 so I may still have a shot still with SDD if I book that after my AK days....

There are still FP's available on July 31 in the evening. I got 2 FP's for 2:05 yesterday when our window opened up.

There are still FP's available on July 31 in the evening. I got 2 FP's for 2:05 yesterday when our window opened up.

Whaaaaa? There were NONE this morning. Great. I’ve already committed for our AK day being July 30 and booked my Hollywood Studios ones for July 31. :headache::sad2::sad1:

Today was my booking day too. I got fop for 60+1 no problem for two people. Luckily no crashing for me, but I was using only one device. There were fop fp avail for a couple of hours this morning, I kept refreshing and changing times. Got down from 650pm to 250pm. It took about 2 hrs of refreshing tho.
No problem getting sdd for 60+2, there were times available til just a few hrs ago I know- just later in the day like 8pm.

Today was my booking day too. I got fop for 60+1 no problem for two people. Luckily no crashing for me, but I was using only one device. There were fop fp avail for a couple of hours this morning, I kept refreshing and changing times. Got down from 650pm to 250pm. It took about 2 hrs of refreshing tho.
No problem getting sdd for 60+2, there were times available til just a few hrs ago I know- just later in the day like 8pm.

Lucky! :( And I only have two people in my party as well. No availability on my end for July 30. I’m going to keep checking until then!

We plan to rope drop for fop to hopefully ride it twice, once at rd and once with fp.
Rope drop might be the way to go for you.

Booked my FPasses today and for July 30 FOP was totally not available. Had to settle on later in the week for that one. Was able to get Navi River Journey though in its place. All my other FP's were good but we don't do roller coasters so my FP's are pretty tame.

Sorry- my fop is for 7/31. Totally different story now, so that’s why we got it I guess.
It’s been a fun but nerve wracking day getting the fpp. It’s my first time.

I made my fastpasses yesterday and was able to book FOP for the last two days of our trip. I booked the last part of my trip first and then moved forward. I was able to also book Slinky Dog. I also had issues with the system yesterday. The website froze several times, I tried different browsers, and I even tried the app, but it didn't help. I was very close to losing my mind because FOP was a priority for us! Finally, the website started working and I was able to get what we wanted. Keep checking!

May have already been mentioned upthread and may be obvious, but for those who have had trouble getting FoP FPs, make sure to keep an eye out for park hour changes. AK hours 60 days from now are 9am-9pm. June AK hours are generally 9am-10:30pm (not all days, I’m generalizing). Obviously no guarantees that they’ll extend AK hours in July, but it’s possible. When they do, you’ll see FP availability open up for the new hours and as people move plans around.

Definitely check on the end of the night. Last week it stated 60 minutes but was actually 20 minute wait at closing and river journey was a walk on. I’m not sure about July but I would try end of the night! We went over there after the first rivers of light show and did both rides with no fast passes right at closing.

I did get SDD for our second day 7/30 with no problem. Just checked it and only 3 time slots available for evening after 6:55.
This gives me hope for SDD! What time did you get / were there lots of times available? I’m hoping for a morning FP for that one...

I got mine this morning for around 2pm 60+3. They have times available still for 60+3 and +4 +5 + 6. The further you go, the earlier you can get

Booked my FPasses today and for July 30 FOP was totally not available. Had to settle on later in the week for that one. Was able to get Navi River Journey though in its place. All my other FP's were good but we don't do roller coasters so my FP's are pretty tame.
Maybe it depends on what day of the week it is. I could not get one on our first day which was a Sunday. July 30 is a morning EMH day. So maybe weekends and EMH days are booked quicker :confused3

This gives me hope for SDD! What time did you get / were there lots of times available? I’m hoping for a morning FP for that one...
I got 6:50-7:50 and yes there were plenty to choose from. I will go look and see if there are still any left.
Just checked and the day after my FP's opened for the 2nd day of our trip there are no SDD left for morning, afternoon and evening. There are still evening FP's for FOP passage on our 5th day but no morning or afternoon.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter