Flight of Passage - No FP+ Availability!

eiblehs

Expedition Everest Enthusiast
I am so bummed! My FastPass window opened up this morning for my late July trip. I was up bright and early, but both the Disney website and MDE app crashed several times while I was trying to book my FPs. >:( It took an hour to get all of them booked for my week-long trip.

I'll tell you now that at 60+1 and 60+2 (July 30 & 31), Flight of Passage was already out of availability... Those are the only two days of my trip that I can do Animal Kingdom due to prior arrangements and ADRs. I am so disappointed! I'm going to keep checking for a FP from now through late July, but it looks like I'm going to have to rope-drop Flight of Passage. Hoping I don't get trampled... :faint:

If FOP is a priority for your group, book your Animal Kingdom FastPasses FIRST, especially if it lands at the start of your trip. Lesson learned for next time: Plan for my Animal Kingdom day to be toward the end of the vacation...

There were plenty of FastPasses left for all three Toy Story Land attractions at 60+2 for me; that's the only date I checked. I was surprised to get a Slinky Dog FP in the mid-afternoon.

So yeah, looks like Pandora is still going to be just as crowded if not more crowded than Toy Story Land.

Last edited:
Too bad about your AK FPs. WE have been able to get them for FoP, but its usually at the end of our week.
We have had luck twice going at the end of the day and the line was under 30 minutes.
Keep checking as FPs do become available.

Keep checking. They've been working on the app and some fps have been wonky. FoP gone at day 60 is likely, usually 63 or 64 is the good spot. But highly unlikely that all the fps are on the app as safari and EE are never gone 60 days out. Their usually there at least up until 2-3 weeks out.

So keep checking

I’m so sorry- we were able to get FOP for 11 people for our trip that was last week- but it was 60+3 days when I made FPs too.

Sounds like the site crashing didn’t help at all. We had several issues with it on our trip trying to make FP after our first 3. It apparently is having major problems. You could check one time and it show no FP available, then check a second time and a whole lot of things show up, then again a 3rd time and either have nothing available or different things than before show up. We were constantly refreshing our phones trying to get FP during the trip. It was so frustrating.
So keep checking-

Thanks for this info.....my window for August opens in two weeks and I keep going back and forth on what to go for first the SDD or FOP. I think this convinces me to still try for FOP first. We will never make it with four young kids at RD for FOP!!

There are definitely some odd things going on with FPs. KS and EE were both showing completely booked when we were 33 days out. I thought that was really odd. Then about a week later both had any time of the day available. I know they had a big system wide outage during that time and they have been doing some updates/fixes since then.

As other said I would keep checking, we have been able to move FoP a couple times since our 60 day window opened and that's with party of 8.

Keep checking. I got my FoP FP about 34 days before (last October -- and it was crowded). I also got another FP for it while we were in the park the day of.

Sorry this happened OP, sounds very frustrating. :( I just went at the beginning of this month and was so worried about getting FoP FP that I actually had rearranged everything to make AK be 60 +3 and left a half day on 60+5 just in case. Having park hoppers also helps as it gives you half day flexibility or the ability to go rope drop a park for one ride. We considered but ended up not doing that for TSMM as it was only running one track, no FP during our trip... instead we skipped it. But FoP is amazing and you should keep trying for FP or rope drop or park close it because it is worth it.

And for everyone else there are some great tips on this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/ including to always make your hardest to get FP first (even if that means skipping around days) THEN go back and fill in. My own additional tip is to have more than one person helping make FP. I gave two days to my DD to make on her phone app, one day to my DH on his phone and I did two days on the computer. Once we got the basics done then I could go in a tweak the non-critical FP times around FoP, 7DMT ...

I always schedule AK late in the trip for this reason. Imagine how difficult Star Wars FPs will be!!!

Exactly what we did ! Didn't schedule our AK day until day 4 and then day 9 - booked those first - went back after I had secured those, and nothing was available before the 60 + 4 by that time - ( probably 7:10Am est)

I had the same issues for my July 19th trip last weekend. Im am surprised at the zero availability for you, I was able to get FOP at 60+1 and 60+4.
But like others have said, check daily! I was able to get a FP for FOP for my spring break trip like a month and a half out!

I am so bummed! My FastPass window opened up this morning for my late July trip. I was up bright and early, but both the Disney website and MDE app crashed several times while I was trying to book my FPs. >:( It took an hour to get all of them booked for my week-long trip.

I'll tell you now that at 60+1 and 60+2 (July 30 & 31), Flight of Passage was already out of availability... Those are the only two days of my trip that I can do Animal Kingdom due to prior arrangements and ADRs. I am so disappointed! I'm going to keep checking for a FP from now through late July, but it looks like I'm going to have to rope-drop Flight of Passage. Hoping I don't get trampled... :faint:

I will say, by the time I was done with all of my trip selections, both Kilimanjaro Safaris AND Expedition Everest were out of availability at 60+1. Yikes!!! My advice: Book your Animal Kingdom FastPasses FIRST, especially if it lands at the start of your trip. Lesson learned for next time: Plan for my Animal Kingdom day to be toward the end of the vacation...

There were plenty of FastPasses left for all three Toy Story Land attractions at 60+2 for me; that's the only date I checked. I was surprised to get a Slinky Dog FP in the mid-afternoon.

So yeah, looks like Pandora is still going to be just as crowded if not more crowded than Toy Story Land.

Mine opens tomorrow. Makes me very discouraged lol

Question though. How many people were you booking for?

Is it seriously recommended skipping all your first days to get animal kingdom ones first?

I use to just go date by date.

Either way though, I am sure you will be able to switch things around and get what you need as you get closer to the trip. I pray for ok weather!! =]

Last edited:

Is it seriously recommended skipping all your first days to get animal kingdom ones first?
Always go for the most difficult FPs first, don't just go in order by day. Go for FOP, Slinky Dog, 7 Dwarfs, FEA (if you want that), then fill in with the moderately difficult ones, then any easy ones.

OP--A couple ideas here.

(1) Keep checking and keep refreshing the MDX app. I joined my sister on her recent early-May trip. She'd booked all her FP+s at the 60-day mark but I didn't decide to go with her until about 45 days out. Yet I was able to get FoP anyway and in fact got it for both of us on a day when she hadn't been able to score one for herself.

(2) Check while you're there. Once you use up your 3 FP+s in DAK, you'd be surprised at what shows up for the 4th, 5th, etc., FP+. I got my 4th or 5th FP+ for FoP several times during this recent trip. Sometimes with only minimal refreshing. Sometimes with 10 minutes of refreshing.

(3) Check the night before--I've gotten a few FoP FP+s the night before. Seems to be kind of a FP+ sweet spot, at least it has been for me. Maybe people cancel things the previous day or perhaps WDW releases more FP+s for the next day? I have no proof of either theory. They're just theories.

(4) Assuming you're planning on spending all day, or the later part of the day, in DAK, my experience this last trip was that the wait times for FoP became highly exaggerated the closer it got to park closing. Posted wait times of 90 or 120 minutes were actual wait times of maybe 20 or 30 minutes, at most. Much easier than rope-dropping. And, btw, NRJ was a walk-on close to park close on several nights of our recent trip. We rode that multiple times a few nights, including a couple of times when there were so few people waiting we were able to just stay in our boat.

Good luck! Keep trying! FoP is soooooo worth it.

I booked FP+ yesterday morning and had issues with the system also. It kept locking up and telling me all fp experiences were gone for all attractions. After about twenty minutes of freaking out it finally began loading properly and letting me select. I was able to get SDD at 60-1 and FOP at at 60-4 and 60-6. I did follow advice from here to book these first and then go back and fill in the rest after.

I use to just go date by date.

Either way though, I am sure you will be able to switch things around and get what you need as you get closer to the trip. I pray for ok weather!! =]

For FOP, absolutely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter