Flight of Passage - No FP+ Availability!

I was able to get FOP FP+ for 12 on day 60+3 of our June trip. I always book FP+ in order of priority, not chronologically.

How many people are in your group? If you can swing it, the ultimate night of adventure was so awesome. No hassle tour on every main AK ride with a delicious meal and nighttime viewing.

That stinks! But definitely keep checking, multiple times a day if you can! I’m local and I pick them up all the time. Sometimes 2 weeks out, sometimes the day of and all in between :) Best of luck!!!

I will say, by the time I was done with all of my trip selections, both Kilimanjaro Safaris AND Expedition Everest were out of availability at 60+1. Yikes!!!

I don't believe this is the case. At 30 days out right now they have plenty of availability. If you had gone in to modify your 3rd FP after all 3 of your FP's had been made it simply would not have shown you any availability for these 2 rides (assuming that you had selected them as your other FP's). If you were to go modify either EE or KS you would see availability for the ride you are modifying.

Mine opens tomorrow. Makes me very discouraged lol

Question though. How many people were you booking for?

Is it seriously recommended skipping all your first days to get animal kingdom ones first?

I only booked for two people... :confused:

Yes, I skipped right over my “60” day (our arrival day) and picked my Animal Kingdom day first. I’m glad I did. Everything was still available in Epcot, even Frozen Ever After, at day 60!

I don't believe this is the case. At 30 days out right now they have plenty of availability. If you had gone in to modify your 3rd FP after all 3 of your FP's had been made it simply would not have shown you any availability for these 2 rides (assuming that you had selected them as your other FP's). If you were to go modify either EE or KS you would see availability for the ride you are modifying.

Yep... You’re exactly right. :eek: I didn’t realize that’s what was happening when I went to modify Na’vi and it showed EE and KS as unavailable. I’m going to edit my original post now. Sorry for the misleading information, everyone! I misinterpreted what I was seeing. Thank you JETSDAD!

I only booked for two people... :confused:

Yes, I skipped right over my “60” day (our arrival day) and picked my Animal Kingdom day first. I’m glad I did. Everything was still available in Epcot, even Frozen Ever After, at day 60!

I got the dessert party so I wouldn’t have to worry about frozen ever after fast pass lol

Me too. Great. Makes me worrying even more now lol

I’m sure as time goes on we will get everything we want.

We’re a party of 2 and I just booked a trip at under 50 days. I got everything (7DMT, FEA, TSMM, AS2 and Navi) at booking. Within 2 days of modifying I was able to switch Navi for FoP and AS2 for Slinky. Just keep looking as I suspect it’s much easier for us small parties. Good luck!

60+3 or 4 has always been the sweet spot to get FOP.

If you can get in line before park closing, it may be a better experience than rope drop.

That’s our plan, to get into line at park closing. Rope drop sounds terrible.

FYI - my daughter went for spring break with her high school band, and I was able to get her FOP FP+ the day before they went to AK. I just randomly checked in the middle of the afternoon for a group of 4 and there were three or four time slots available. I was shocked, but it does happen!

Sorry this happened OP, sounds very frustrating. :( I just went at the beginning of this month and was so worried about getting FoP FP that I actually had rearranged everything to make AK be 60 +3 and left a half day on 60+5 just in case. Having park hoppers also helps as it gives you half day flexibility or the ability to go rope drop a park for one ride. We considered but ended up not doing that for TSMM as it was only running one track, no FP during our trip... instead we skipped it. But FoP is amazing and you should keep trying for FP or rope drop or park close it because it is worth it.

And for everyone else there are some great tips on this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/ including to always make your hardest to get FP first (even if that means skipping around days) THEN go back and fill in. My own additional tip is to have more than one person helping make FP. I gave two days to my DD to make on her phone app, one day to my DH on his phone and I did two days on the computer. Once we got the basics done then I could go in a tweak the non-critical FP times around FoP, 7DMT ...

When you have multiple people getting FPs, do you have them all on their own account or can you do it on the same account? I mean, can I do it from my account on the computer and the app at the same time, or do I need to set up an account for my husband and link it to mine and our reservations?

Today was our day too! I tried first for FOP on our first day 7/29 right at 7:00am. Nothing available! I went to our 5th day and a about every time slot was available. Just checked a few minutes ago and there are still times available afternoon and evening.
I did get SDD for our second day 7/30 with no problem. Just checked it and only 3 time slots available for evening after 6:55.

We got FoP on our 60+2 but the 8 year old has already informed me that after our dinner at WCC at 1700 hours we are going back and getting into the standby line so she can ride it a 2nd time and possibly 3rd she watched a Youtube video telling people to get in line when the park only has an hour left.

When you have multiple people getting FPs, do you have them all on their own account or can you do it on the same account? I mean, can I do it from my account on the computer and the app at the same time, or do I need to set up an account for my husband and link it to mine and our reservations?

You can try with separate devices using the same account. I tried using my phone through the MDE app while also using my laptop. Both crashed for the first 5 minutes due to heavy traffic. The app ended up working quicker and more efficiently, so I stopped wasting my time trying to refresh the Disney website on my laptop.

Just checked & neither of my ADR's are available if I swap my days. :guilty:

That was my problem, too. I wanted to switch my Animal Kingdom day with another day later in our vacation... but it didn’t work with our ADRs and we don’t have the park hopper tickets. A lot of people have commented that they have had good luck snagging a FOP FP before their trip, so I’m keeping the faith. Worst case scenario, we rope-drop the ride but at least there is a great, interactive queue. Last year, I had a FP for FOP and missed out on all of the cool stuff to look at in the standby line. I’m trying to find a silver lining! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter