• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FL water = gross

The water is so hard that when i got out of the shower I still felt "dirty" because the water was slighty sticky feeling! It even had a smell!

I am glad the OP started this thread because to me, water is a really huge issue after studying health and nutrition for quite some time. We have some of the best water anywhere here in western Montana (at least IMO) and so going to WDW makes this a huge issue for us. I agree with all above posts that WDW is not good tasting. We had found some bottled water from Idaho that was absolutely wonderful so I was going to send a few cases on ahead before our next trip. After realizing that shipping would be $80, I changed my mind but also found out the company went bankrupt! So now we are going to a most wonderful vacation place and don't know what to do about the water. If it was just a few days, then we would just buy bottled there, but it is for 10 - too long for florida bottled water. We are definately frustrated about what to do.

babywewe said:
Next time i'm going to get one of those brita things.

Be aware that it's hard to find Brita "Fill and Go" water bottles. Brita stopped making them a couple of years back - if you're lucky, you can find them at places that still have them left over (I found one at my local Bartell Drug Store), but they're not easy to find at stores. Apparently, you can get them on E-Bay, though.

I have heard from people that they bring the single Crystal light packets or individual Kool-aid packets to add to the water from WDW. They said it helps cover up the taste. I think we will be packing some of these for our upcoming trip!

I brought this up on the boards years ago and got blasted from many people who thought the water didn't taste. I don't even like brushing my teeth with this water and avoid the ice as much as possible. Maybe it is a regional thing when it comes to the "taste" of water, but , personally, I don't want to taste the water when I'm drinking, especially when the taste is bad. pirate:

You can buy a Brita Fill'n Go Waterbottle and filters for it, it is the best purchase I've made for WDW except for the trip there itself ;) They sell them here at CVS and are $7.99 each, 2-pack filter same price. It's worth it and takes away the taste of the water.

We spent at least $25 a day for water in the parks the 1st trip, 2nd trip = none :)

I swear by this product :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter